Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
EQUALIZER

new signing

1 hour ago, EQUALIZER said:

no 13 from Hunslet. Liam Mackay

Great - we needed more back rowers. Sorry to be negative, but shouldn't we be saving the brass for when a player we DO need comes up. :negative:

Edited by grumpyoldram

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Neither Alex or simon Brown will on more than 50£ boot money so you could sign a full pack before turning undies inside out midweek

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 hour ago, grumpyoldram said:

Great - we needed more back rowers. Sorry to be negative, but shouldn't we be saving the brass for when a player we DO need comes up. :negative:

We aren't exactly throwing the brass at these lads Grumpy, and there is spare cash avaulable for that top rank prop or half back when they become available. It's just that they aren't at present, unless I'm missing something again.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I'm missing something again.

:santaclaus:

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

16 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

We aren't exactly throwing the brass at these lads Grumpy, and there is spare cash avaulable for that top rank prop or half back when they become available. It's just that they aren't at present, unless I'm missing something again.

Even if we gave him a modest contract of say £2000, that amount added to the amount we have budgeted for,  could make the difference between attracting an available quality player and losing him. If he's just on match terms, it will increase the number of back rowers competing for three or four spots to ten. That can't be good for the morale of those on the fringes. I note that nine players were released by Hunslet, to "freshen up their squad", ie. deemed not up to the task of getting them out of the division. Three of them were on the team sheet on Saturday, along with those signed from fellow strugglers Keighley. It worries me a little that we might be going down the quantity over quality route again. It also occurs to me that the coach's ambitions of merely trying to avoid relegation, and then building for 2020 is fine if it works out, but it feels like we've been going down that path since 2009. I desperately hope that lads the who are signed on can be forged into a formidable, and hard to beat side, and that my reservations are comprehensively rammed down my throat by the end of the season. The season hasn't even properly started yet, so I am not prejudging the players and coach, just pointing out the obvious. Having got that off my chest, I promise to be nothing but encouraging from hereon in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

3 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

I promise to be nothing but encouraging from hereon in.

Who are you?

And what have you done with the real GOR?

• Haha 2

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur