Millom Vs Red Star live on the Beeb

3 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

It was the obvious choice especially after choosing the Siddal v Toronto game a couple of years ago, still I'm glad they chose it though they might change their mind when they see how they have to get to Millom. 

I don’t think the Beeb will have thought of that either.

Millom not the team they were but should be a good day for the club.  It’ll be rough!

I knew the Beeb would be tempted and had fingers crossed they'd go for this tie.

Looking forward to it!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good choice. Looking forward to it.

And if you do watch it, make sure you use the BBC's social media tags to heap praise on the coverage.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

stream?why not live on bbc? is it the 53rd showing of bargain hunt with joey Essex that day?

It will be live. On the BBC. That's a plus and reinforces the BBC commitment given to the Parliamentary Rugby League Group. 

3 hours ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

It was the obvious choice especially after choosing the Siddal v Toronto game a couple of years ago, still I'm glad they chose it though they might change their mind when they see how they have to get to Millom

Easier than getting to Belgrade,

42 minutes ago, JohnM said:

It will be live. On the BBC. That's a plus and reinforces the BBC commitment given to the Parliamentary Rugby League Group. 

No surprises there, the RFL has been really good at ignoring the BBC's requests, like the one to move the Final for five years...

Then we wonder why we don't have FTA stations falling over themselves to want to broadcast League 

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

Is there a deadline for signing players for the CC ??

Red Star just signed two USA Internationals .

Brandon Anderson and Jamil Robertson from the Brooklyn Knights.

Both featured in the USA World Cup games v Jamacia.

Will they be eligible for the Millom game?

Still take Millom to win ?

38 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Does anyone know what level Red Star are at? I literally have no idea what to expect from them.

Don't expect to much. 

Plenty of games on YouTube including the Serbian Grand Final

17 hours ago, dealwithit said:

Easier for a london club to get to belgrade than millom

If Red Star win and then draw Barrow away, then they will be scratching their heads!

But remembering a previous thread about a SL team in Cumbria...  we should also remember that there ought to be a number of local clubs who could come together and support a Cumbrian SL outpost.

Archived