Sign in to follow this  
fevnut

fevnut's musing 2019 #2

fevnut’s musings: Getting carried away!

ALOTBSOL3.jpg.79c2bfda098ce1a1ea02709309163dd2.jpg

In ‘musings’ this week fevnut writes about the huge improvement in the team performance between our last two matches and gets carried away by what continuing improvements like that could mean!

We have also written up as much information as we can find about Fev’s 3 PNG and 1 Aussie  signings.

Access ‘musings’ by clicking on the link below and don't forget to use the links on the right hand side of the page to open other interesting pages.

https://fevblog452.blogspot.com/2019/01/fevnuts-musings-fev-v-hunslet-club.html

Edited by fevnut
lay out

No I never  read it , I just scroll down every time .Each to their own but would sooner read fly fishing by JR Hartley.

Edited by Blue Pike
  • Like 1

To those who don't want to read it the answer is simple - don't read it! But at the end of last season fevnut's blog was getting about 6,000 hits per month and it is widely used by radio and our own Rovers TV commentators. So there are plenty of people who do want to avail themselves of the blog. Most of the readers are in the UK but we get several from countries as far apart as Australia, Russia and Canada, as well as European countries like France, Germany Portugal etc.. So we are proud of spreading the word of RL in general and Featherstone Rovers in particular!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I am not sure but I think it might have been Fevnut who produced the Rovers historical results DVD, maybe with Mark LasP, if so that's one of the best Fev-related things I've ever bought.

Yes, you are correct! I did the DVD but couldn't have done it without huge help from Mark Las Palmas. One day I want to be able to find a way of putting it on the web but I need help from the club but they seem unwilling to help.

On 1/10/2019 at 2:16 PM, gingdong said:

is anyone remotely bit interested in fevnut ?

Each to their own but for pity's sake..........

I find it hard to believe that anyone who takes the time to write informative articles about the club on a fans forum can be criticized.

Just the sort of comment that for me has made this forum go downhill of late.

I can't imagine what you would want to read about on a fans page.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

I find it hard to believe that anyone who takes the time to write informative articles about the club on a fans forum can be criticized.

Keep up the good work Fevnut....don't let them get you down!

1 hour ago, RobLambert said:

before i asked that question there wasnt 1 reply to the post, since i put it theres been half a dozen. 

10 hours ago, gingdong said:

before i asked that question there wasnt 1 reply to the post, since i put it theres been half a dozen. 

I take your point but not all threads need a response.

There's got to be room for some factual / informative stuff on here or it really is just reduced to abusive arguments dressed up as banter about DR or which team has the fattest prop forwards etc........

Edited by RobLambert
  • Like 2

That’s really interesting, which Team do have the fattest Prop forwards?

Edited by Blue Pike
  • Haha 1

In my opinion one of the most under rated  props we had was Hankin. Perhaps you come under the same category Robin.  Did good things without being noticed. I come under the category of having to do good things twice and still not seen in any good light. Perhaps it is because I am not tall and called Smith.

58 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

In my opinion one of the most under rated  props we had was Hankin. Perhaps you come under the same category Robin.  Did good things without being noticed. I come under the category of having to do good things twice and still not seen in any good light. Perhaps it is because I am not tall and called Smith.

Hankin , Handscome , Hobbs , Quite a few players beginning with H in the 83 wembley squad. Remember Sidall at 8 was a big lad .

It was a well timed pass by a true grafter in Steve Hankins and he was supplied by a solid crash and pass from Gary Siddall. Oh the joys of being there as a 10 year old, thinking this happened regularly 😩