Sign in to follow this  
graham fisher

Semi final

Don’t know if everyone’s forgotten but we have a semi final tomorrow at Bradford Bulls,I know most fans are classing these games as friendlies but at the end of the day their is a trophy and a cheque for the winners.

Another good test for most of the players that haven’t played at this level before,I don’t know what sort of side John Kear will go with as they play day after at Huddersfield for Michael Lawrence’s testimonial game but you never know we just might surprise a few here and come away with a win.

I’ll go Bulls 16

Rams 20

Fts Adam Ryder 

Mom Sam Day

Att 3126

I think this is the one Kear will put his strongest side out for. Friendly or not it is still the Yorkshire cup.

For me our priority is to avoid relegation, being competitive (not getting hammered anywhere) and the big one getting to Wembley in the 1895 cup!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

I think this is the one Kear will put his strongest side out for. Friendly or not it is still the Yorkshire cup.

For me our priority is to avoid relegation, being competitive (not getting hammered anywhere) and the big one getting to Wembley in the 1895 cup!

I think you are probably right .... but I think he will have to balance the two teams so as not to 'insult' the Giants and especially Michael Lawrence ... So while prioritising the cup, I still think he will have to have a few 'names' in Sundays team also.

• Like 1

I noticed last week that Coolie’s mate Dane Chisholm didn’t turn out for the Bulls,I hope he finds his way to Huddersfield on Sunday instead of playing against us.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Do the winners get an extra cheque?  I thought all the money was divided equally amongst the 8 participating clubs.

I’m sure I’ve read it somewhere that their is a cup and cheque for the winners,I have been known to be wrong on the odd occasion 😀

• Thanks 2

If we are playing a “mixed bag” of players, then I think we will lose this match:

Bradford 28-16 Dewsbury 

FTS: Thomas 

MoM: Day

Att: 2033

4 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

did state that the mutts would win this I also said you would do well in the 1895.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

About 10 or 11 1st teamers in the Bulls squad but in a mixed bag of positions.  Might be the kids replacing them as the game wears on.  Should be a good game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Dare I tempt fate

And say I expect them to have a stronger team out 

We could win this one :)

Bradistan 18 Dewsbury Rams 24

Flanagan to get his usual 2 inch try

;)

Edited by coolie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Dare I tempt fate

And say I expect them to have a stronger team out 

We could win this one :)

Bradistan 18 Dewsbury Rams 24

Flanagan to get his usual 2 inch try

;)

Nice one coolie.  The quote about Flanagan tickled me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A quick reminder for those who can't make it to Odsal on Saturday, I will be covering the game live on www.hwdhospitalradio.com from 5.30pm (or direct http://ow.ly/mNpD30ncrca )

Click on the listen now button. You can comment on the chat box too if you wish.

Best of luck to the Rams 

Martin 😀

Edited by Commentator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Commentator said:

A quick reminder for those who can't make it to Odsal on Saturday, I will be covering the game live on www.hwdhospitalradio.com from 5.30pm

Click on the listen now button. You can comment on the chat box too if you wish.

Best of luck to the Rams 

Martin 😀

Here you go Martin

Are they covering the Bulldogs and York match as well. 

I have written to Batley over the last few seasons asking if we can cover their games but never had a reply 😞

So .. no sorry.

(Note* HWD Hospital Radio was founded in the 50s broadcasting live from Batley RLFC!)

Edited by Commentator

On 1/11/2019 at 11:24 AM, graham fisher said:

Don’t know if everyone’s forgotten but we have a semi final tomorrow at Bradford Bulls,I know most fans are classing these games as friendlies but at the end of the day their is a trophy and a cheque for the winners.

Another good test for most of the players that haven’t played at this level before,I don’t know what sort of side John Kear will go with as they play day after at Huddersfield for Michael Lawrence’s testimonial game but you never know we just might surprise a few here and come away with a win.

I’ll go Bulls 16

Rams 20

Fts Adam Ryder 

Mom Sam Day

Att 3126

Will be interesting to see how we go tonight as I reckon that team will be pretty close to our starting line up at Rochdale.  

Yes I remember seeing the commentary box above the long stand and also listening to a match whilst in hospital.

Out of interest do you get feedback as to how many people listen.

On 1/15/2019 at 8:04 AM, RogerT said:

Yes I remember seeing the commentary box above the long stand and also listening to a match whilst in hospital.

Out of interest do you get feedback as to how many people listen.

Not really as we go out on host apps like Tunein etc....these cannot be audited by us.  We get a lot of positive comments though on Facebook and our chat box.

• Thanks 1