Sign in to follow this  
The Future is League

Adam Pearson slams Albert Kelly overweight rumours

he WAS overweight/fat, how the hell can AP deny it, he was seen to be overweight pre season and by a fair amount!

If he's fit and ready for the season start, performs and doesn't get any adverse affects from putting on the weight/fat and then taking it off again, then what he does (within reason) off season I couldn't give a fig about. He was out from playing for a while and he seems to have quite an addictive nature so not surprised he put a bit of superfluous timber on.

Albert Kelly has a lot of talent, but needs to be psychologically stable and abstaining from any alcohol in order to manifest that talent.

38 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Albert Kelly has a lot of talent, but needs to be psychologically stable and abstaining from any alcohol in order to manifest that talent.

In moderation it does no harm to fit young men, now binging is a completely different scenario.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

In moderation it does no harm to fit young men, now binging is a completely different scenario.

Some people can't do moderation for certain things though. That's the addictive personality. Not saying he can't, but it's just the philosophy some take on things.

I used to smoke socially. Then all the time. Could never go back to just the odd one no matter how much I tried so had to quit altogether and I know if I touch another I'll be right back where I was.

3 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Some people can't do moderation for certain things though. That's the addictive personality. Not saying he can't, but it's just the philosophy some take on things.

I used to smoke socially. Then all the time. Could never go back to just the odd one no matter how much I tried so had to quit altogether and I know if I touch another I'll be right back where I was.

Agreed Wellsy, but I was generalising, I would say there are far more 'moderates' whatever the product, than abusers.

If nobody wants Albert we will take him on over here in Toronto....we'll feed him large slabs of Canadian Backbacon dripping in fresh maple syrup with poutine as a side.

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Agreed Wellsy, but I was generalising, I would say there are far more 'moderates' whatever the product, than abusers.

Yes, but that's not really the point is it.

28 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

If nobody wants Albert we will take him on over here in Toronto....we'll feed him large slabs of Canadian Backbacon dripping in fresh maple syrup with poutine as a side.

I’d sign if that was the contract 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Albert was a runaway winner of the Hull KR player of the year in his first season he was quite sensational.

Second year he was plagued with injuries and discipline issues. Even so in his very last HKR appearance he was MoM at Salford in big qualifiers game. Rovers looked safe but Kelly then failed to return back in time after being granted leave to go home to Australia. Upon the advice of Jamie Peacock he was suspended and a Kelly-less Rovers lost to Salford in the MPG.

In the past we have seen headlines such as 'Sacked Sharks bad-boy Albert Kelly thrown a lifeline by the Newcastle Knights'. Then not much later a statement from Newcastle....‘‘We offered Albert an opportunity to move to Newcastle to focus on his rugby league career under the guidance of Wayne Bennett. Unfortunately, due to further disciplinary reasons, Albert has recently had his NSW Cup contract suspended, then terminated."

2018 saw Albert suffer injury and discipline issues yet again including the McDonald's abuse of a female employee.

Albert is a massive talent and that's very lucky for him because otherwise nobody would put up with him for a second.

4 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Albert was a runaway winner of the Hull KR player of the year in his first season he was quite sensational.

Second year he was plagued with injuries and discipline issues. Even so in his very last HKR appearance he was MoM at Salford in big qualifiers game. Rovers looked safe but Kelly then failed to return back in time after being granted leave to go home to Australia. Upon the advice of Jamie Peacock he was suspended and a Kelly-less Rovers lost to Salford in the MPG.

In the past we have seen headlines such as 'Sacked Sharks bad-boy Albert Kelly thrown a lifeline by the Newcastle Knights'. Then not much later a statement from Newcastle....‘‘We offered Albert an opportunity to move to Newcastle to focus on his rugby league career under the guidance of Wayne Bennett. Unfortunately, due to further disciplinary reasons, Albert has recently had his NSW Cup contract suspended, then terminated."

2018 saw Albert suffer injury and discipline issues yet again including the McDonald's abuse of a female employee.

Albert is a massive talent and that's very lucky for him because otherwise nobody would put up with him for a second.

What other disciplinary issues aside from being a bit gobby one time, that no-one who was 'abused' made anything of because they weren't a snowflake? 

If Hull can get him playing like he can, he is one of the most explosive talented players in the league.

He always seems to be wonderful year 1 and then something goes wrong in year 2. He's almost in uncharted territory getting to season 3.

Either he's a one good, one bad season player or one that worsens with each year of service... its a high stakes gamble, but annoyingly one I think the barcodes have right (as long as all their eggs aren't in that basket)

54 minutes ago, HKRBob said:

Either he's a one good, one bad season player or one that worsens with each year of service... its a high stakes gamble, but annoyingly one I think the barcodes have right (as long as all their eggs aren't in that basket)

With a player that has the enormous amount of talent that Jake Connor possesses, I very much doubt all our eggs are in one basket.

Connor wants to be our number 6, it's up to Kelly to keep him in the centres.

Kelly is the only player in SL that would keep Connor in the centre at Hull FC as far as I'm concerned.

11 hours ago, Kayakman said:

His cousin works at my place. Kelly intends to have one last crack at the NRL after this season, or so his cousin tells me anyway.

On a side note, Dean Widders' brother grafts here too.

Edited by HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

His cousin works at my place. Kelly intends to have one last crack at the NRL after this season, or so his cousin tells me anyway.

If that's true and Kelly is serious in that ambition then it's not a bad thing at all for Hull. He will have to bring his A game this year if he wants an NRL club to pick him up, and then if he does move on we have Connor to move to 6 and a good wedge of cap space to spend. 

11 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

With a player that has the enormous amount of talent that Jake Connor possesses, I very much doubt all our eggs are in one basket.

Connor wants to be our number 6, it's up to Kelly to keep him in the centres.

Kelly is the only player in SL that would keep Connor in the centre at Hull FC as far as I'm concerned.

Perhaps with the little we saw of him Jackson Hastings at Salford, him apart I agree with you.

I always think you have to give a bit more leeway to players like Kelly anyway. That might be unfair on the guys who work their asses off everyday and live the athletes lifestyle, but with some players that's the package and you kind of have to accept that and just do what you can to get the best out of them. Bags of talent, but a propensity to self destruct. Our game would be a worse place without the likes of Kelly and Hastings and Hardaker and the rest. 

Besides, he's not a monster, he just doesn't train very hard and is a bit of an ###### when he has had a drink. 

8 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

In his peak Widders was very good and had all the skills