Sign in to follow this  
graveyard johnny

where was prince philip going?

to the off licence?

to the bookies?

to the knocking shop? 

to spec savers? 

driving a land rover with no security at 97? WTF????????????????

Edited by graveyard johnny
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

to the off licence?

to the bookies?

to the knocking shop? 

to spec savers? 

driving a land rover with no security at 97? WTF????????????????

Looking for his marbles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The exchange of details would have been interesting:
"Bloody hell mate, you just pulled out on me. Name?"

"Prince Philip."

"Yeah, and I'm the Queen of ###### Sheba. What's your name?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I got quite excited when I saw the news last night.

I've got him in our office Celebrity Dead Pool

Let's spare a thought for the real victim here, that's £15 I missed out on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Shadow said:

I got quite excited when I saw the news last night.

I've got him in our office Celebrity Dead Pool

Let's spare a thought for the real victim here, that's £15 I missed out on.

I won the 2018 dead pool. No prize. Thats all i've got.

Don’t know if anyone saw weasel witchell on the news ... basically not happy some pleb had the temerity to knock into Phil . Police may look at if drivers were taking care n attention ... that bbc impartiality I guess ? I’m sure he and the other royal reporter sycophants will be deeply concerned . We’ve had Quentin Devilliers - Smithers - Hedgehog ( honourable ) on telly this morning saying he’ll be ‘ shook up’

• Like 1

I wonder how he will deal with those telephone calls about the accident he was involved in?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm still trying to fathom how you can turn a Range Rover over, chance's of him being cautioned nevermind prosecuted 0 . Like the bit about both driver's being breathalysed.........hmmm.

• Haha 2

Good old Daily Mail, showing us 'what might have happened'

BBSoBZ5.jpg

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall for the phone call were the first police officer on the scene phoned there boss to give them a heads up!

2 hours ago, Clogiron said:

I'm still trying to fathom how you can turn a Range Rover over, chance's of him being cautioned nevermind prosecuted 0 . Like the bit about both driver's being breathalysed.........hmmm.

It's fine. He only broke someone's wrist and totalled a car.

29 minutes ago, Jasper said:

BBSoBZ5.jpg

For us mere plebs being dazzled by winter sunshine would be no excuse for pulling out in front of an oncoming car.

7 minutes ago, Damien said:

For us mere plebs being dazzled by winter sunshine would be no excuse for pulling out in front of an oncoming car.

I’m sure Witchell will be putting the record straight on the news ...

15 minutes ago, Damien said:

No, it really is.

You can knock down pedestrians on the pavement with that excuse and not even get done for careless driving.

29 minutes ago, Damien said:

Have i missed the bit where the Duke had used that as an excuse?

Edited by JohnM

26 minutes ago, Damien said:

Hang on, if the car was travelling south, then it was coming from the north. Looking up the road in the northerly direction when the sun is at best in the south-east? Am I missing something?

Just now, JohnM said:

Have i missed the bit where the Duke h6qs used that as an excuse?

No, but the Daily Mail did so it's bound to be true.

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

Have i missed the bit where the Duke had used that as an excuse?

Have I missed the bit where I said he did? I even quoted the article which said it if you cared to look. It is the excuse given by the Daily Mail. If the boot was on the other foot and the cars swapped I'm sure the tone of the Daily Mail's illustration would have been different.

1 hour ago, Jasper said:

BBSoBZ5.jpg

Apart from the sun dazzling him from a different direction to normal did they miss out the bit about the Kia being a JCB earth mover with its blade down in disguise travelling at approx 150 mph on impact, really he should be awarded a medal for such bravery.

6 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Wot?

It's as plausible as the ' dazzled by winter sunshine' line is, turning a Range Rover over twice as they suggest is no mean feat no matter what angle you hit it at with a Kia.

Sounds to me like he might have looked but not actually seen. "Dazzled by the sun "was given as an excuse some years ago not far from here when a guy went straight on across a major road and killed someone. 

In sny case, both drivers were breathalysed, so no spdcisl treatment, it seems. 

Should he be driving at 97 years of age?

35 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Sounds to me like he might have looked but not actually seen. "Dazzled by the sun "was given as an excuse some years ago not far from here when a guy went straight on across a major road and killed someone. 

In sny case, both drivers were breathalysed, so no spdcisl treatment, it seems. 

Should he be driving at 97 years of age?

Being dazzled by the sun can be a legitimate reason for not seeing a car.  Surely you have been dazzled by the sun?  I know I have.  Autumn and spring time driving from St Helens to Manchester on the East Lancs Road is a nightmare for that very reason.  

Witnesses have said that the sun was low and bright at the time of the crash but other than that we don't know what actually happened as the police are still investigating.

As for a 97 year old still driving.  Well, it seems he's got to 97 without a crash which IMO is pretty good going.  I would suggest he was just fine.  Even Obama was a passenger while he was driving.  How old was he then?

If we have this tiresome ageist debate about people being too old to drive then maybe we should take a closer look at the other end of the age range.  I'd guess there were more crashes caused by young people than by old people, and probably mostly by young men.  Perhaps we should be both ageist and sexist and ban men up to about 30 from driving.

• Confused 1

The key at-risk groups are the 24s and under and the 60s and over. The reasons why are different for both groups. There is a huge body of publicly-available  research into this. There is also research into the home address of people involved in accidents, no matter where the accident took place to decide if there should be initiatives that are based more on dangerous addresses as it were , rather than say age.

Another problem. There are I think 34,000,000 licence holders. Virtually none have taken any training  once they have passed their test.  Regulations change, road conditions change, people change, vehicles change and unless people decide of their own volition to take further training, there is no requirement to do so.

I look after the publicity for our local IAM group. My experience is that drivers under 24 think they are good drivers,  disagree with the experts and don't see the need for further training.  We ran a scheme here where drivers under 24 had their fees returned when they passed their Advanced test, plus a £100 bonus. A free course plus £100! Hardy anyone took it up - bikers mainly. Young drivers just don't want to know. Can't happen to them...but it does.

In the end, insurance companies might force changes by insisting on the mandatory of vehicle telematic units - "black boxes"

Anyway, have a look here: https://www.iamroadsmart.com/groups/sthelensam

You should find people only too keen to help with advice over the dazzle and any other issues you might - or might not- have.

• Like 2