Sign in to follow this  
tuutaisrambo

Who is your 2nd team?

Just wondered if any of you have a second team that you follow? 

Being a fev fan for nearly 30 years i'm pretty much only interested in my own team and traditional rivalries dictate that i don't really cheer for anyone else.

I do however have a soft spot for Catalans and in the modern game if anything my 2nd team would be them along with Toronto once they eventually get into super league.

As for everyone else........i'm a big leeds utd fan so i can live with the Rhinos winning stuff instead of the big 3 from over the hill.

I also watch more NRL than Super league but i don't really support any of them.........I like the Warriors but that's really just based on their logo design 😀

Edited by tuutaisrambo

while I was born, brought up and live in the south I did go to university (in the early 80s) in Bradford and watched Norther; so always see Bulls as my second team. Soft spot for Oldham and Halifax too. While Broncos are our “rivals” in London they are the other team I watch live and always pleased when they do well. 

Edited by EssexRL

In general I like to see a Yorkshire team beat a Lancashire team.

Super League - Wakefield (I was born in the area so as a small child watched Wakefield although I didn't really get into rugby until I moved to the Featherstone area)

Championship - Featherstone

League One - There aren't any I dislike. I'd like to see Coventry succeed this season. Newcastle have the potential and I have a soft spot for good old Yorkshire clubs like Hunslet and Keighley. Hopefully all of the clubs outside the heartlands will improve on and off the field over the coming years.

Edited by fevtom

Brought up in Bolton with some fairly loose connections to St Helens.

I have watched Saints since the mid 80’s and even followed them home and away some seasons a few years ago.

I am currently glory hunting with Swinton Lions due to geography and 3pm Sunday kickoffs!

• Haha 1

Given my first team (Oxford) is no more, I exist in a world populated only by second teams!

Trinity are the closest I've got to a first club now - they were the first SL game I went to (v Salford 2016). Also enjoy going to Cas, and nurse a (potentially bizarre) ambition to get to a game at Mount Pleasant before much longer. No idea why.

• Like 2

I try to make every game (home and away) with North Wales Crusaders. But if possible I will be at a few Catalans Dragons each year. Always enjoy the St. Helens v Catalans game but try to get to Salford, Warrington, Leeds and Huddersfield too. This year I'm homing to get to Barcelona (vs. Wigan) and Prepignon (vs. London Broncos) 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, iffleyox said:

and nurse a (potentially bizarre) ambition to get to a game at Mount Pleasant before much longer. 

Be sure to wrap up warm ❄️

After Leeds Rhinos I've always had a soft spot for Huddersfield. Part of my family are from there.

I believe in Cumbrian brotherhood and wanting haven to do well ...in fact nah that’s a blatant lie 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I have a soft spot for Fev purely because we beat them in the final and I realise what could have been. 

• Like 1

I have a soft spot for Sheffield as I used to watch them regularly when I was a student at Sheffield Hallam.

Edited by Nate90

My 2nd team is Trinity, blame Neil Fox!

Usually follow Wigan, when Widnes aren't in SL. Started with me buying a Wigan shirt in 1995, just to upset my old mate. He never did forgive me!

Fev...Always looked out for there scores to see how many Paul Newlove had scored each weekend, would of loved to see him at Leeds.

Had a soft spot for fev ever since.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trinity said:

I have a soft spot for Fev purely because we beat them in the final and I realise what could have been. 

I have a soft spot for Hull KR. It’s a swamp.

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

After Leeds I always back the expansion clubs

Catalans, Toronto, Toulouse, Newcastle, North Wales, West Wales, Coventry, London Skolars, Red Star Belgrade 

Agree with 90% of that post... spot the difference! 😂

Cas, stemming from the rivalry we had with them in 2007, both battling for promotion. 

Edited by chuffer