Challenge Cup Round 1

Underbank go through pretty comfortably against Orrell St James.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 minutes ago, Big Doug said:

Well done Thornhill. I did not see that one coming. Hunslet must have had an off day.

Thornhill been mentioned as outsiders to win league.

Posted on this forum.

Watch out for Thornhill as well as they have a good pack,experieced halves in Ratcliffe and Morley and a lot of pace in the backs.

HW

Enjoyed the Bentley-Army tie this afternoon. Deserved win for Bentley, who scored three tries to two (all five converted) in edging out the visitors 18-16. The Army led 6-0 after eight minutes and 8-6 until the hour. Impressed with Bentley's fitness and defending. The crowd I estimated at 650. An eight-page programme was on sale for £2.

Went to Hunslet versus Thornhill match.£3 in to watch a very good game of Rugby league between 2 very good teams with a good crowd watching and 2 top defences on show!Thornhill got a 10 point lead with tries from Mitchell and Haigh but Parkside came back with tries from McShane and Shulver both converted and led 12 10 at half time.A converted try by Stott put the Trojans back in front.McShane got a second try to make the score 16 18 but Thornhill finished the stronger with 2 converted tries from Woodcock and danny Ratcliffe.Look forward to the new NCL season!

11 hours ago, neutralfan said:

Went to Hunslet versus Thornhill match.£3 in to watch a very good game of Rugby league between 2 very good teams with a good crowd watching and 2 top defences on show!Thornhill got a 10 point lead with tries from Mitchell and Haigh but Parkside came back with tries from McShane and Shulver both converted and led 12 10 at half time.A converted try by Stott put the Trojans back in front.McShane got a second try to make the score 16 18 but Thornhill finished the stronger with 2 converted tries from Woodcock and danny Ratcliffe.Look forward to the new NCL season!

Thornhill will be my team to win the grand final

15 hours ago, neutralfan said:

I went to the other Hunslet Game the Warriors v Featherstone Lions good game in front of a large crowd played in good spirit .

Crowd of about 300 watching (well, cowering in a bitter wind) Lock Lane and Longhorns this afternoon. Lock Lane lucky to win 16-10 (HT 10-6). Longhorns were the better side for long spells. Plenty of good field position for the Irish lads. Unfortunately, they tended to panic a bit when near the home line. Much improved, though, from their encouraging display in defeat at West Hull last season. Admission (£2.50) included a 16-page programme. The Longhorns party overnighted in Leeds.

On 1/26/2019 at 4:55 PM, Cutsyke Raiders said:

Peter O' Toole…..  Gary Schofield...…. Jason Robinson...… Paul Macshane …..     Your boys took a hell of a beating ✌️?

Hey you don't need to tell me Cutsyke - We've learnt over the years exactly what Thornhill are capable of and unfortunately had no answers to some of it at the weekend. THey're our prerennial 'bogey' team. Genuinely not an excuse from us because any side we put out we expect to be winning at home, but even the Thornhill lads were asking why we had so many out - 7 of the normal starting team unavailable sadly. Absolutely taking nothing away from Thornhill though and anybody who's seen my comments in this thread and others will see that this is no shock, as I said they will be our toughest opponent this year - they always are and long may our rivalry continue. 

4 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Hey you don't need to tell me Cutsyke - We've learnt over the years exactly what Thornhill are capable of and unfortunately had no answers to some of it at the weekend. THey're our prerennial 'bogey' team. Genuinely not an excuse from us because any side we put out we expect to be winning at home, but even the Thornhill lads were asking why we had so many out - 7 of the normal starting team unavailable sadly. Absolutely taking nothing away from Thornhill though and anybody who's seen my comments in this thread and others will see that this is no shock, as I said they will be our toughest opponent this year - they always are and long may our rivalry continue. 

Don't take it to heart, HGAG it was an opportunistic joke I have waited for since you lost a year ago in the BARLA National cup

12 minutes ago, Cutsyke Raiders said:

Don't take it to heart, HGAG it was an opportunistic joke I have waited for since you lost a year ago in the BARLA National cup

Haha it was taken in the spirit it was intended pal - no drama over here ?

I can hopefully reciprocate over the course of the season....although i'm not sure I know anyone from Thornhill..... 

Archived