New SL Promo Video

Is it better than previous years? I think so. Does it start well and get you excited? It starts to.  Does it feature any actual game footage? No!! Come on!!! So nearly ....

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

Shirtless men waking up and looking anxious.............Can't say i'm very impressed and really can't understand why anyone who doesn't already like Super league would be attracted to it.

more like this please

Different type of promo vid, that’s from a broadcaster, there’s a massive argument that Sky should be showing something like that, but I like the SL promo, well shot and provides a sense of anticipation

5 minutes ago, Southstander13 said:

Its a great video!

Why every year do people act like this is the one and only video that anyone is going to release?! If it had every single thing that everyone wanted then it would last longer than a game!

Exactly, SL know that both Sky and Betfred will produce ‘action’ type promos, the point of this is to proved anticipation with a bit of class and it achives this.

7 minutes ago, Southstander13 said:

Its a great video!

Why every year do people act like this is the one and only video that anyone is going to release?! If it had every single thing that everyone wanted then it would last longer than a game!

I'm well aware more videos can be released..........but this one is gloomy and a little boring.

If it's a teaser to something else it's far too long...........maybe at a push it plays on existing fans excitement at the season around the corner.........but that is stretching it to be honest.   I was expecting something fresh and exciting for the new era under Elstone and i don't think this is either.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Exactly, SL know that both Sky and Betfred will produce ‘action’ type promos, the point of this is to proved anticipation with a bit of class and it achives this.

Isn't the point of this video to get people excited about super league?.......what is exciting about it?.......don't even think anyone is smiling

Just now, tuutaisrambo said:

I'm well aware more videos can be released..........but this one is gloomy and a little boring.

If it's a teaser to something else it's far too long...........maybe at a push it plays on existing fans excitement at the season around the corner.........but that is stretching it to be honest.   I was expecting something fresh and exciting for the new era under Elstone and i don't thing this is either.

One of the factors is to make the individual players more prominent in the promo, get their faces out there so to speak, so the focus is on them not the action, I think we don’t do that enough so this is a good start, its humanising the players rather than just showing them on the playing field

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

One of the factors is to make the individual players more prominent in the promo, get their faces out there so to speak, so the focus is on them not the action, I think we don’t do that enough so this is a good start, its humanising the players rather than just showing them on the playing field

i prefer the way the fox videos shows the players....in a funky studio in their new kits having fun.......rather than waking up looking anxious

2 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

i prefer the way the fox videos shows the players....in a funky studio in their new kits having fun.......rather than waking up looking anxious

Which is your prerogative of course, personally I think it looks cheesy and ‘americanised’ whereas the SL one looks classy, something which we need more of.

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Which is your prerogative of course, personally I think it looks cheesy and ‘americanised’ whereas the SL one looks classy, something which we need more of.

fair enough each to their own...........i also think if they want to get the players faces out there they probably shouldn't have filmed them in the dark

It's ok up to the end. What's the message? That Wigan and Saints have become friends?

The build up in the tunnel was great but it then needed to end with some match footage. But then if the message is "New Beginnings" then you don't really want to be showing old footage. 

Do not fear; only BELIEVE

36 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

It's ok up to the end. What's the message? That Wigan and Saints have become friends?

The build up in the tunnel was great but it then needed to end with some match footage. But then if the message is "New Beginnings" then you don't really want to be showing old footage. 

Agree with that. Maybe to one of the points above ... if there’s is then a follow up video it could work well, but that needs game footage in it.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

36 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

The new SL promo left me wanting more. Which, on reflection, is probably the point as it ends with players in the tunnel just about to take the field.

Subtle, like. 

The point is also the new strapline 'new beginingings' there was a hell of a lot of negativity surrounding the game last year and I think they're getting across the point that this year is the start of a new era, and the narrative and mood of the vid fits that IMO (new structure, new CEO, new rules etc) so I guess the point of showing 'old' footage doesn't fit with that, again we have this every year and I thin people misunderstand what this promo is about.

Archived