World Cup venues announcement

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the announcement of wheelchair games at the Copper Box has pleased me more than anything else so far.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Mens venues:

Liverpool (Anfield - QF)

Leeds (Headingley/Elland Road - SF)

Doncaster

Hull (FC - QF)

Huddersfield (QF)

Newcastle

Sheffield (Bramall Lane)

Warrington

Leigh

St Helens

Bolton (QF)

Manchester (Old Trafford – Final)

London (Emirates – SF)

Workington

Middlesbrough

Coventry

Disappointed only 1 game south of Sheffield, especially after the success of Bristol last time.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Let's be honest, we could nitpick based on our personal preferences, but there is a lot to be excited about.

Briliantly professional presentation.

Likely to visit, Newcastle, Liverpool, Leeds, Arsenal, Sheffield, Middlesborough, Coventry as well as plenty of traditional venues during that 5 week period.

Watching England at Newcastle, Bolton, Sheffield, Huddersfield, Arsenal and Old Trafford all being well. Not too shabby.

Overall I think it's a good mix of venues.

Middlesborough is a bit left-field but we've clearly gone for some quality venues, alongside some of traditional club grounds. 

I think the draw will be important and ensuring that the right grounds get the right games, but there's not too much to complain about at the moment. 

Happy for the most part.  The knock out stages look really decent, grounds getting bigger at each stage.  Opener at St James is something I was absolutely praying for, very happy with that!  I wanted the final at Wembley but I guess we know we can fill Old Trafford. 

It seems that theyve actually used logic in picking these venues and gone for places they know they can fill which is a lot more important than having half empty big grounds.  Full grounds even if they are smaller look a lot better on tv and will have a much better atmosphere than half empty big grounds.  

Archived