Weather Affected Games

1 hour ago, Quinskolar said:

London will be fine. No snow and temps above freezing, not that that matters on an artificial pitch!

I disagree, a frozen artificial pitch is horrible and far worse than one that isn't. Sure, if your artificial pitch is one of the cheap ones then you might well get more grazes but there is still a significant difference if it's frozen compared to not, studs/blades not taking and you slipping which can lead to injury.

31 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

I disagree, a frozen artificial pitch is horrible and far worse than one that isn't. Sure, if your artificial pitch is one of the cheap ones then you might well get more grazes but there is still a significant difference if it's frozen compared to not, studs/blades not taking and you slipping which can lead to injury.

I remember well the first game on Widnes' plastic pitch (or at least the first televised one). The players knees were cut to ribbons after that one. 

First snow of the winter on the ground here in East Yorkshire. It’ll be interesting to see if the Hull derby gets the go ahead especially once the sun goes down and the temperatures drop. I can’t understand why Sky didn’t schedule their first round of games at stadiums with undersoil heating.

rldfsignature.jpg

1 minute ago, deluded pom? said:

First snow of the winter on the ground here in East Yorkshire. It’ll be interesting to see if the Hull derby gets the go ahead especially once the sun goes down and the temperatures drop. I can’t understand why Sky didn’t schedule their first round of games at stadiums with undersoil heating.

Haven't hull kr got undersoil heating??? Surely In this day and age it should be compulsory 

They barely have floodlights. Here in West Yorkshire there was a thin covering of snow this morning. The temperatures are set to be just above freezing but with no more snow forecast you would hope Cas and Huddersfield can both get a game on. Stranger things have happened though.

17 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

I'd have preferred the game to be postponed, so we can get a full strength team on the field. No wonder kr are desperate for it to be played 

No wonder you're so desperate for it to be postponed ! Both sides missing players but seems only one side getting their excuses in first !

When I worked at the Met. Office, one of the forecast services we investigated was advising clubs when they needed to turn on their undersoil heating. Only 2 RL clubs had it at that point (1993), Leeds and Sheffield. IIRC Leeds got damaged but not sure if it's been reinstalled after Headingley revamp ? Sheffield at different ground. Does the KC/Warrington/St Helens/Huddersfield/DW  have it ? (All new grounds since I was in Met Office Commercial Services department.)

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Archived