Old RL Grounds photobook on the way

20 hours ago, Clogiron said:

That sounds like a must. Is there a email link, not on twitter or such like?

I haven't been able to find any other method of contacting him yet. He is on Flickr though:

https://www.flickr.com/people/groundhopper27/

I've sent him a message on Twitter and asked him for alternative contact details.

Minä rakastan rugbyliigaa!

Hope it manages to get a bit of the much missed Weaste Cricket Club on photos of The Willows.

34 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Any photos of our old ground at Chiswick in it? In spite of us spending longer there than Craven Cottage, it never seems to get a mention:cry:

I think Andy mentioned somewhere that he conducted most of his visits between the late 80s and early 90s, but hasn't said specifically which grounds he has been to. I'm sure more details will become clear closer to publication.

Minä rakastan rugbyliigaa!

2 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Great news. I'll be buying it.

It will be lovely to see how Odsal looked before it was transformed.

?

Do you mean pre fence around the track & post fence not around the track with no fence posts either?

6 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

One of the seven labours of Hercules.

?

Don't know about Hercules but sure I once stood on the terrace at Odsal one January next to a bloke called Hannibal and his pet?

• 3 months later...

Sounds interesting. There's a wealth of information out there that us young uns don't always know about - always enjoy learning, like when someone points out there used to be a stand there, or that had terracing at the front, or that was once a pub etc.

I still can't quite picture out where York's Clarence Street ground was, I'd like to know if Odsal's terracing went all the way round, and just why was there that bowling club along one side of Wilderspool, was there ever a bigger stand there, and were people ever allowded to stand under it. 

Archived