15-17 Feb: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Leutele almost disgusted in having been chosen for a post match interview!

The man of the people won’t come up against a championship centre like that again ! Found one better than him there 

Big statement from Toronto that.  I know it is early days but the depth and quality of that squad will get them to Super League.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Kayakman said:

Toronto looking good...starting to become very well oiled.

Toronto Wolfpack:

Wins  3

Losses 0

"Run With The Pack!"

Thoroughly professional display . Look to have moved on again under BMc ... Easier than the weekly euchre game ?

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Thoroughly professional display . Look to have moved on again under BMc ... Easier than the weekly euchre game ?

Team has a whole new playing style from last year....I know some people might not like it but I think they could quickly get alot better....I would put them as playing at the top 1/3 of SL level right now to be fair.

Widnes played well and did their best...they have nothing to feel down about....they were just ground down thats all.

14 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Team has a whole new playing style from last year....I know some people might not like it but I think they could quickly get alot better....I would put them as playing at the top 1/3 of SL level right now to be fair.

Steady fella.

Wolfpack looked very good today, and should win this league at a canter. But they'll need to go up a notch next season for sure. And I would hazard a guess that Brian McDermott know that...

18 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Widnes played well and did their best...they have nothing to feel down about....they were just ground down thats all.

Crikey....

Widnes were awful, lots of dropped ball and massive gaps in our defensive line. Toronto were a well drilled team today but i wouldn't read too much into that result....you could perhaps if you'd have won a scoreline like that against a decent opposition performance

6 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Steady fella.

Wolfpack looked very good today, and should win this league at a canter. But they'll need to go up a notch next season for sure. And I would hazard a guess that Brian McDermott know that...

Now just hang on there one second fella,

Are you trying to say, knowing what we know so far of this specific season, that the Wolfpack wouldn't beat the Giants or dare I say it?????....... the Mighty Rhino!

I think they would beat either of them easily next week (by 10 easy).

4 minutes ago, chuffer said:

Crikey....

Widnes were awful, lots of dropped ball and massive gaps in our defensive line. Toronto were a well drilled team today but i wouldn't read too much into that result....you could perhaps if you'd have won a scoreline like that against a decent opposition performance

The Toronto defence was outstanding...hence the errors you describe...most of them were what we call in Canadian Football, forced errors.

The score speaks for itself....I thought Widnes had some nice flow and movement but did not sub early enough and then gaps began to develop....this was clearly a coaching error.

I enjoyed the game, and was able really impressed with Toronto. Unlike much of last year, they looked completely in control of what they were doing throughout. McDermott is a really classy coach, and showed at London he can build teams where the whole is stronger than the parts. Their right centre (not confident to attempt the spelling) is as good as anything over here, pure class. Give it a few weeks and they will be able to turn on the pyrotechnics at will.

2 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I enjoyed the game, and was able really impressed with Toronto. Unlike much of last year, they looked completely in control of what they were doing throughout. McDermott is a really classy coach, and showed at London he can build teams where the whole is stronger than the parts. Their right centre (not confident to attempt the spelling) is as good as anything over here, pure class. Give it a few weeks and they will be able to turn on the pyrotechnics at will.

I think you are right.

8 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Now just hang on there one second fella,

Are you trying to say, knowing what we know so far of this specific season, that the Wolfpack wouldn't beat the Giants or dare I say it?????....... the Mighty Rhino!

I think they would beat either of them easily next week (by 10 easy).

Lol

When they played York, the thing that struck me was how organised their defence was. Consequently, teams have to play off the cuff to try to break it down, and this leads to errors that Toronto capitalise on. I thought Widnes would run them close today, but it wasn't to be. Maybe not great to watch, but very effective.

3 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

When they played York, the thing that struck me was how organised their defence was. Consequently, teams have to play off the cuff to try to break it down, and this leads to errors that Toronto capitalise on. I thought Widnes would run them close today, but it wasn't to be. Maybe not great to watch, but very effective.

That's what comes of having a decent coach

If they'd taken the plunge when Leeds got rid of McDermott, and got him in at that point, then I suspect they'd now be in Super League

Archived