John Drake

Sun 17 Feb: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v London Broncos KO 3pm

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • London Broncos

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/17/2019 at 03:00 PM

Rovers by 20.

Hope I'm wrong, but I can't see London being able to trouble them too much.

Broncos by 50+😁

Interesting game coming up - far too early to ring the alarm bells at Trailfinders but the injury io Cunningham highlights squad depth at the Broncos. Now to a degree, I am in accord with our benefactor as to the need to bring London players through problem is though young players settle in better in a competitive side rather than one getting beat. Now someone who I regard as being in the know alleged to me that two of the last three Broncos coaches have left partly due to our Chairmans refusal to loosen the purse strings to bolster the squad and again I am in accord in the sense that big name players, cost bigtime money and often bring big time problems.. but it would be reassuring to know there is the cash hidden in the biscuit tin that would allow Danny Ward to bring in young players with a point to prove.

The other point would be the Salford game, by all accounts , highlighted the lack of craft and playmaking ability to break down a structured Super League defence. it's no good having lots of posession and no idea what to do with the ball

So In accorance with my TRL tradition its Hull KR by 16

• Like 1

Agree about Cunningham, he's a massive loss to them, despite Rovers display against Warrington I think they are light in the same way Hull are.

London by a couple but it's still early doors as to how teams are performing and as we see most weeks there are pretty unpredictable results that only the most optimistic supporter of the so called underdog would predict.

HKR by 20

I don't want to be a negative Nancy, I think the Wakefield result gave us hope that London could compete at this level, but I don't think it will last.

Edited by fevtom

15 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

injury io Cunningham

14 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Agree about Cunningham, he's a massive loss to them,

According to Danny Ward "Cunno just got a knock on the bicep with the rest of team unscathed" after the Salford game (unless you know something different).  Elliot Kear was a worry last Sunday with his 7 missed tackles & 2 errors - although he did make the most meters with 151 from 18 carries.  Broncos to win by 7.

The problem for any promoted team is always matching the week to week intensity of Super League. We see this year after year. London obviously well up for the first game against Wakey who scored early and thought they could cruise through the rest of the game.

They were always going to struggle the week after and Salford proved too strong eventually.

The third week is always an interesting one, by rights they should have been back at home which would have helped massively. With this being an away game I fell that as long as Rovers play this as hard as the first 2 then they will have too much for London. My only fear of losing comes from 2 scenarios-

1. Rovers quick start ( a la Wakey ) then relax think its easy and start making mistakes London then get back into it.

2. Rovers run out thinking it will be easy make loads of mistakes London take confidence play well and win.

If Rovers take the game as seriously as they should play properly and professionally then we would win this game 8 out of 10, just hope we do.

5 hours ago, londonbronco said:

According to Danny Ward "Cunno just got a knock on the bicep with the rest of team unscathed" after the Salford game (unless you know something different).  Elliot Kear was a worry last Sunday with his 7 missed tackles & 2 errors - although he did make the most meters with 151 from 18 carries.  Broncos to win by 7.

we were hearing he'd broken his arm, he did come off early though in the Salford game?

I looked over the London 19-man squad and nothing really stood out to me. The Wakefield win was excellent but you will always get an underdog winning early on against a side you'd expect to do pretty well, so there's little cause for concern for me.

So long as we are professional, complete our sets, and place a reasonable amount of focus on improving our defence (and there is evidence to suggest we are doing this), I don't expect any sort of upset.

A win by 3 scores would be lovely.

Edited by HKR AWAY DAYS

On 2/14/2019 at 12:06 PM, londonbronco said:

Cunningham expected to line up at half back with Jordan Abdull according to today's Hull Daily Mail.

Two fine players who could cause Rovers a few problems.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:48 AM, Henson Park Old Firm said:

If London score more tries than hull they may have a chance.

They will, especially as Hull aren't playing :wink:

On 2/16/2019 at 10:48 AM, Henson Park Old Firm said:

If London score more tries than hull they may have a chance.

2 hours ago, Brigg Rover said:

They will, especially as Hull aren't playing :wink:

They probably would if Hull were "playing". :(

• Haha 1

London starting as though they mean to lose, losing the ball on their own 10m.

Debut try for Linnett, Drinkwater hits post with conversion attempt.

Rervers 4 Larndan 0.

Edited by Old Frightful

James Cunningham creates a try for Matty Gee.

Rervers 4 Larndan 6.

Edited by Old Frightful

Sounds like Abdul and Cunningham are running  the show for London, two former Hull players we could probably do with right now.

Very competitive sounding game. The longer London can stay in this game/in the lead, the more confident they will get.

Two late hits in two minutes on Jordan Abdul by Mulherne and Hauraki respectively, both penalised.

Obviously Rovers have spotted who's causing them problems.

Repeat set for London, Maguire conceding the drop out but ref gives them a penalty instead.

Comes to naught, 4-6 arf tarm.

• Like 1