Featherstone Rhinos

Mr Plow

1 hour ago, Jacko45 said:

No why the hell would you say that, it's only Fev who use DR & the loan system.

Fev seem to have a closer relationship with Leeds than other clubs do with their own dual reg partners. Can get my head around why Leeds signed Luke Briscoe though just to send him back to Fev just seems like they signed him for the sake of it

9 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Fev seem to have a closer relationship with Leeds than other clubs do with their own dual reg partners. Can get my head around why Leeds signed Luke Briscoe though just to send him back to Fev just seems like they signed him for the sake of it

Leeds signed him as they were short of wingers at the time and he hasn't always been released when Fev were in need of a player.....or two.

3 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Are we also going to have threads on Halifax Tigers, Bradford Wolfpack, Swinton Warriors, Leigh Helens etc.......?

Bulls had 3 players from Toronto last year.

JBF 2 games 

Pownall 5 games 

Laithwaite 12 games 

Nothing like Fev. wonder how many players from Leeds played for Fev last year in comparison.

9 hours ago, Bcfc2014 said:

JBF 2 games 

Pownall 5 games 

Laithwaite 12 games 

Nothing like Fev. wonder how many players from Leeds played for Fev last year in comparison.

You either DR or you don't, although many seem to believe that a club only sells its soul when it's not the one they support.

12 hours ago, Bcfc2014 said:

JBF 2 games 

Pownall 5 games 

Laithwaite 12 games 

HANDLEY  1

ORMONDROYD  8

OLDLEDZKI 3

NEWMAN 12 

LILLEY 2

WALTERS 3

PETARU  1

DWYER 3

SMITH 2

So the main one was academy player HARRY NEWMAN  who by the way reminds me of a young PAUL NEWLOVE so despite what many posters think we didn't use 5 whinos every week which meant only two qualified to play for us in the shield games and one of those ORMONDROYD was on loan at York 

37 minutes ago, POR said:

HANDLEY  1

ORMONDROYD  8

OLDLEDZKI 3

NEWMAN 12 

LILLEY 2

WALTERS 3

PETARU  1

DWYER 3

SMITH 2

So the main one was academy player HARRY NEWMAN  who by the way reminds me of a young PAUL NEWLOVE so despite what many posters think we didn't use 5 whinos every week which meant only two qualified to play for us in the shield games and one of those ORMONDROYD was on loan at York 

Should probably also include Dakota Whylie who was DR'd and loaned before signing a permanent contract....and Luke Briscoe, of course

3 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

You either DR or you don't, although many seem to believe that a club only sells its soul when it's not the one they support.

Well, sort of.  If memory serves we had those three players on loan not on DR.  There's a big difference between the two.  I'm not sure why the club was on DR with anyone to be honest.  It wasn't needed. 

The thing that makes the Fev situation different from other DR clubs is that they've built their entire squad and strategy around it.  And then were unable to field full teams during league fixtures.  Not having a go a Fev, just pointing out that they and Leeds are at the extreme end of the system. And it's all very much to the detriment to the players.  Listen to Craig Harrison on DR and the feedback he gets from his players.  

It's also worth pointing out that once a club is in the grip of a DR arrangement with a SL club then that tends to influence their voting.  Which is not a healthy situation however you look at it.

Scrap DR, reinstate reserves as a minimum requirement for two two divisions.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

37 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

Well, sort of.  If memory serves we had those three players on loan not on DR.  There's a big difference between the two.  I'm not sure why the club was on DR with anyone to be honest.  It wasn't needed. 

The thing that makes the Fev situation different from other DR clubs is that they've built their entire squad and strategy around it.  And then were unable to field full teams during league fixtures.  Not having a go a Fev, just pointing out that they and Leeds are at the extreme end of the system. And it's all very much to the detriment to the players.  Listen to Craig Harrison on DR and the feedback he gets from his players.  

It's also worth pointing out that once a club is in the grip of a DR arrangement with a SL club then that tends to influence their voting.  Which is not a healthy situation however you look at it.

And yet even with reserves for a number of years, several Championship clubs still DR

had love to know what players think of it all, i think duffy mentioned a while back before his sacking that all the leeds players played a big part and enjoyed the game time, but dwyer threw a wobbler at fax and it was mentioned that he insisted he were a rhino and dident want to play, must be hard for some a the top players like singleton to have a blinder against wigan then be sent packing to fev. would the DR get binned if all the championships gaffers said >>>>>>>>>>>NO THANKS.

I love how angry people get over dual registration and how Featherstone use it.

I wish all teams would work so closely together to more teams could be successful.

It's not just off the pitch they help it's on. 

One day Featherstone can dream of being a brilliant club, like Halifax, or Batley or Dewsbury.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Dual Reg is available to ALL Championship clubs if they wish to use it. Some clubs chose to use it, some clubs don't. Those that do are not breaking ANY rules by doing so (unless you count Batley a few years ago). There are a number of Championship clubs that use it, some better than others. This is where we are at, end of. We (Fev) have loaned 3 players to Keighley, are they now Keighley Rovers because of this? 

1 hour ago, silverback said:

had love to know what players think of it all, i think duffy mentioned a while back before his sacking that all the leeds players played a big part and enjoyed the game time, but dwyer threw a wobbler at fax and it was mentioned that he insisted he were a rhino and dident want to play, must be hard for some a the top players like singleton to have a blinder against wigan then be sent packing to fev. would the DR get binned if all the championships gaffers said >>>>>>>>>>>NO THANKS.

As I seem to remember a few years ago there was a vote by championship clubs on whether to agree not to use DR and Featherstone vote against DR however the majority wanted it. So I don’t understand why other clubs want to criticise them for using it, at the end of the day there not breaking any rules so let’s just move on.

2 hours ago, Konkrete said:

I doubt (m)any supporters would disagree with that. I've posted my own views on DR on the Fev board in the past but the view of many is that if others use DR why shouldn't we? 

Two other points I'd raise are

1. IF SL clubs ran reserves with a full fixture list how many of the current 'better' Championship players would still be available (either signed fully or loaned) to the Championship clubs (eg Lilley being an obvious one).

2. IF Fev pulled out of their DR link with Leeds I reckon there's be a pretty large queue of Championship clubs waiting to take their place.

Archived