World Club Challenge trophy

Mr Plow

17 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Yeah that shield/ plate thing was horrendous 

85303ADA-1F5C-41E3-9041-A963BC2D04A5.jpeg

C54C239E-B6A5-46F8-82F8-1411F8018D89.jpeg

The one at the bottom is a great trophy and should be the one on offer.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I've always believed to make the WCC more attractive and a really meaningful game, the winner of game receives 1 point for there next season. I reckon Super League would embrace it but you'd find the NRL club would take the game more serious and the 15 other clubs go into utter meltdown.

I guess when you change the branding of the competition you kind of have to update the trophy that features the old branding.

Big Soup trophy was decent, the Dacia serving plate less so.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

49 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I guess when you change the branding of the competition you kind of have to update the trophy that features the old branding.

Big Soup trophy was decent, the Dacia serving plate less so.

Not really. If you create a nice trophy, the sponsor branding can be done in the form of ribbons, or logos attached to it.

A bit like pretty much all the other trophies available in sport.

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Not really. If you create a nice trophy, the sponsor branding can be done in the form of ribbons, or logos attached to it.

A bit like pretty much all the other trophies available in sport.

Unless its engraved into the trophy like the big soup trophy.. and the Dacia plate also.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

5 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Unless its engraved into the trophy like the big soup trophy.. and the Dacia plate also.

But that's the point, the vast majority of trophies doesn't feature branding, it is a terrible idea. But we chose to do that.

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

But that's the point, the vast majority of trophies doesn't feature branding, it is a terrible idea. But we chose to do that.

You're right, it's a silly idea. But that would be the reason why the trophy has changed again.

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

25 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

We see it as a huge honour, Aussies see it as a hindrance. Concept is dead 

Don't worry,you'll never have to play in it.As for the concept being dead the last 2 times it was held in Australia it drew crowds of 30,000 at Allianz and 20,000 in Melbourne.

Archived