Sign in to follow this  
Mr Plow

If money was no object...

....Which club would you want to buy? I’d go for Halifax, slap bang in the middle of the heartlands, 15k capacity stadium, a good starting point for a SL club

• Haha 1

Assuming no salary cap rules, Wigan and re create the 90s with a super team of locals and cherry pick the NRL and Union for talent. 

York. One of the best cities to visit in the world with an RL club. Going great guns at the moment as it is, the sky's the limit if money was no object I reckon.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

If money was no object there would be no expectation or necessity for a return

In that case I'd probably go for French Polynesia or florida and they could play in my back garden. 

If we are talking about a big initial investment the obvious answer is London. Build a stadium as a base and you are close to home free just on none match-day use

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

....Which club would you want to buy? I’d go for Halifax, slap bang in the middle of the heartlands, 15k capacity stadium, a good starting point for a SL club

Are you a Halifax supporter now or do you support another team, or maybe neither, you just support the game?  As for myself I would find it impossible to want to buy or support any other club than Hunslet.

• Like 1

If I became a billionaire, or at least a multi hundreds millionaire thanks to winning the lottery, then I would attempt to become part owner of London Broncos Once in place in London I would plow money into a few NRL players (a half and two big props) and a marketing manager. Then I would go looking for a good second or third division club football ground to rent on a shared tenancy basis.

After helping to achieve greater success for London Broncos,  I would try to do the same for Toulouse Olympique (who don't need new halves but do need a couple of more powerful forwards), with a view to getting them into Super League. 

If I was successful with Toulouse, I would finally try and replicate my successful measures for Avignon, with a view to getting them into the RFL Championship at least, and with an eye to promotion to Super League.

Edited by Manfred Mann
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Moose said:

Are you a Halifax supporter now or do you support another team, or maybe neither, you just support the game?  As for myself I would find it impossible to want to buy or support any other club than Hunslet.

I’m not a fax fan but if I won £144 million on euro millions I’d rather buy a project like Halifax than Leeds, Wigan, Saints or Warrington 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

West Wales Raiders 

We need a team in Cardiff more than any other area of Wales.

• Sad 1

Buy Widnes. Create a team that wins SL 20 times on the trot. Retire as a legend and a god amongst men. Job done.

• Like 1

create a  new team in Cardiff, and chip in some money to Coventry,Sheffield and Newcastle.

Edited by owls

Keighley

i would initially invest a modest amount into the first team but would focus on a 5 year redevelopment plan of the ground.

i would also plough money into the local youth structures with a 5 and 10 year plan to grow out own players including touring different countries.

5 years down the line I’d start to invest in the first team on a heavier basis.

The overall plan wouldn’t be super league but a club the town could be proud of and if SL happend so be it.

• Thanks 2

In fact, about 6 or 7 years ago I did buy a share in HKR.

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

We need a team in Cardiff more than any other area of Wales.

Carmarthenshire has a population of 186,500 that’s big enough to sustain a professional team. A third professional Welsh team in Cardiff would be great.

If money was absolutely no object I'd probably have a go at a bit of expansion, whether that would be taking on a small expansion club or a completely new one I'm not sure. Obviously developing in London is very important so maybe take on the skolars also the Coventry project looks like it's coming along well, developing a lot of youth and local talent so I'd maybe go for them. To be honest if money was no object I'd spend most of the time doing up the stadium at wherever I took over, I do love a good stadium! It would have to be a league 1 team or a team starting in league 1 cos I would love the journey of taking them up through the divisions, winning everything and slaughtering Melbourne or Sydney or whoever in the wcc! Just imagine, a 15,000 or so ground full to the brim each week in London or Coventry with a couple of NRL marquees on £1million a week each lifting the challenge Cup in a packed Wembley! Cos if I had unlimited money I would buy all 90,000 tickets and just hand them out for free! Haha! :D

• Like 1

I'd finance 100 development officers, select 10 areas and get the schools playing the game by dangling financial carrots to the schools.

• Like 6