Sign in to follow this  
Old Frightful

Wigan Today Article...

...reports that Jared Waerea-Hargreaves won't face a ban for his late hit on Sam Powell in last Sunday's WCC match.

However, the more interesting part of the story for me is that no Hull FC players are to face any action either :

"There were no incidents which were considered worthy of a charge or caution and no players from Hull FC, Wigan's next opponents, were cited either."

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby-league/wigan-warriors/why-sydney-roosters-jared-waerea-hargeaves-won-t-face-ban-for-late-hit-against-wigan-warriors-1-9604131

Quite how their reporter Phil Wilkinson could consider that there was a possibility of any of Hull FC's players being cited when they didn't actually play last weekend is open to speculation.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Anti-Hull conspiracy.

Indeed.

I might have to start the TotalRL HDL.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

...reports that Jared Waerea-Hargreaves won't face a ban for his late hit on Sam Powell in last Sunday's WCC match.

However, the more interesting part of the story for me is that no Hull FC players are to face any action either :

"There were no incidents which were considered worthy of a charge or caution and no players from Hull FC, Wigan's next opponents, were cited either."

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby-league/wigan-warriors/why-sydney-roosters-jared-waerea-hargeaves-won-t-face-ban-for-late-hit-against-wigan-warriors-1-9604131

Quite how their reporter Phil Wilkinson could consider that there was a possibility of any of Hull FC's players being cited when they didn't actually play last weekend is open to speculation.

I was thinking the same after I saw the article.

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

That's reporters for you.

Possibly of interest...  Was this regarded as a friendly?   If a RFL player had been suspended would he get a ban?  What about the NRL situation?

Meantime, yet another long term injury, Liam Farrell out for 4 months.     If Sammut plays will Wigan run with 2 hookers?  And will Wigan pick up the pace where they left off and sharpen their focus?

Hull need to get their act together, all this committing offences when not playing has got to stop, throw the book at 'em I say.

• Haha 1

If players received NRL bans then it would be yet another reason for NRL clubs not to want to play in the WCC.