Sign in to follow this  
Gerrumonside ref

NRL on Sky this season

Looking at the early schedules it seems that we’re getting a lot more Thursday and Friday morning games and less at the weekend itself.

Is there a reason for this?  

I wouldn’t have thought it would lead to better viewing figures as most people with Sky will be working during the week.

46 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Looking at the early schedules it seems that we’re getting a lot more Thursday and Friday morning games and less at the weekend itself.

I wouldn’t have thought it would lead to better viewing figures as most people with Sky will be working during the week.

Viewing figures still count if someone records and watches later I believe, so it probably won’t have a huge influence on numbers, IMO

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

i think this was the case last year too, think they moved more to over the weekend after a month or two

32 minutes ago, philipw said:

Viewing figures still count if someone records and watches later I believe, so it probably won’t have a huge influence on numbers, IMO

Yes, true, but I guess it cuts down on the casual sports fan catching it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Yes, true, but I guess it cuts down on the casual sports fan catching it.

yep, tbh, when they are live on a weekend I often have them in the background while I have breakfast and go about my business. When I have recorded them I usually just delete them without watching a few days later.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dave T said:

yep, tbh, when they are live on a weekend I often have them in the background while I have breakfast and go about my business. When I have recorded them I usually just delete them without watching a few days later.

And you call yourself a Rugby League fan... disgraceful behaviour 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

And you call yourself a Rugby League fan... disgraceful behaviour 

I'm guilty of that, I struggle to watch recorded matches. Especially if I know the result 

25 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

I'm guilty of that, I struggle to watch recorded matches. Especially if I know the result 

I have found the perfect way around this. Leave your job, sit around in your 'gym' gear all day and watch Rugby League!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dave T said:

You and Scubby should be OK watching Thursday and Friday games Dave. After all neither of you do any actual work do you?

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

It's important to remember the time difference is 11 hours until the UK puts clocks forward on March 31st and then Sydney/Melbourne go backwards on April 6th bringing the time difference down to 9 hours. 

So most weekend games early on are actually middle of night (or very early in the morning).

The clock changes make a big difference and its an explanation why Thursday and Fridays (I.E Evening Kick Offs) are more favourable early to Sky compared to potential weekend games at 4am, 6.30am Saturday or 5.10am on a Sunday. 

Edited by Bilko
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I have found the perfect way around this. Leave your job, sit around in your 'gym' gear all day and watch Rugby League!

Can just imagine u sat there, Bork!