Toronto predictions

NickD

Might be a bit early but I'm off tomorrow and Friday...

Cant see a win but lets hope we hold up for the watching millions on TV. Think York held them for nearly the whole match but tellingly couldn't score...

If we don't have Iggy and Worrincy out on the right I'll go Rams 6 - Canadians 20

Att:  924

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Need to get a big crowd out for this one Rams.

They're scouring the mortuaries as we speak..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I will be intrigued to see LG's team selection for this game. Does he choose his strongest possible side to challenge the runaway favourites or will he give a couple of fringe players a run out in order to rest some main men?

They are a formidable side, with an impressive salary bill, so I don't see us in with a real chance of beating them, although it might be worth going for an early drop goal just in case it ends up as the difference between the two teams (one for Coolie).

Rams 6 - 36 Wolfpack

Att: 1219

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

so who misses out???  .... From my perspective assuming all the loan players will be in the 17 .. it would be Richardson and Iggy ( don't know anything about  Kibula )...I would play Walshaw at centre as we will need to be at our defensive best!  I hope Annakin isn't withdrawn as it looks like Ashurst at Wakey might be out for a few weeks!

On 2/28/2019 at 3:01 PM, Blind side johnny said:

I will be intrigued to see LG's team selection for this game. Does he choose his strongest possible side to challenge the runaway favourites or will he give a couple of fringe players a run out in order to rest some main men?

They are a formidable side, with an impressive salary bill, so I don't see us in with a real chance of beating them, although it might be worth going for an early drop goal just in case it ends up as the difference between the two teams (one for Coolie).

Rams 6 - 36 Wolfpack

Att: 1219

I'm upping the Blindsiders prediction Rams 4 Wolfpack 38

Attendance: 1220

Wrap it up and take it to the bank Blindsider.!

rams will have more than 4 on the board i reckon, to be fair TWP should be putting 40 on these part timers,done forget a few of them will have been fitting kitchens and mixing compo all morning before training, anyways weres coolie got to hes been quite on the fev rhinstone rovers site of late,as he gone for a flat cap fitting session..:popcorn:

13 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

so who misses out???  .... From my perspective assuming all the loan players will be in the 17 .. it would be Richardson and Iggy ( don't know anything about  Kibula )...I would play Walshaw at centre as we will need to be at our defensive best!  I hope Annakin isn't withdrawn as it looks like Ashurst at Wakey might be out for a few weeks!

It looks like we will be playing a big lad in the centres again, so Probably Danny will be there; Walshaw has been far more effective in the 2nd row recently, playing really well, in fact.

I think that Richardson will miss out along with either Knowles (doesn't look properly fit yet), Harrison or Field (this will be the last game of his current loan spell - should we renew it?).

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

17 hours ago, graham fisher said:

We are not DR with Wigan,Kibula is here a month minimum.

Kibula  is one of the most naturally talented rugby players that I have seen. He is huge but has the handling skills of a half back. I have seen him play successfully in the front, second and back row as well as across the back line. His problem is that he is not aggressive enough and can be a bit lazy. There is not enough mongrel in him as they say. This loan could be brilliant for both clubs if things go well but he is going to need to find some fight to succeed at Championship level which is a big step up from him being the biggest kid in the play ground.

HWD Hospital Radio @HWDRadio

Don't miss any of the action on Sunday with HWD Hospital Radio. We've LIVE commentary as @DewsburyRams take on The Toronto Wolfpack from 3.00pm.
Hear all the action from the Tetley Stadium and see how Samy Kibula performs!. Listen live for free:http://ow.ly/mNpD30ncrca  
Join our volunteers Martin & Rob from 2pm for all the build up.

It's next best to being there!

47 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Everyone knows we shall lose this match, but I just wish the lads could prove us all wrong.

Dewsbury 12-42 Toronto 

FTS: Harrison

MoM: Hooley

Att: 1141

More worried about the attendance you are quoting , quality and entertaining side surely you should achieve more .

10 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

More worried about the attendance you are quoting , quality and entertaining side surely you should achieve more .

The match is being broadcast on Sky as well as two big soccer games, the Toronto "novelty" is wearing off and people are generally more interested if the result is in doubt. 1200 would be a good gate under these circumstances.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

The match is being broadcast on Sky as well as two big soccer games, the Toronto "novelty" is wearing off and people are generally more interested if the result is in doubt. 1200 would be a good gate under these circumstances.

1200 would be verging on miraculous...especially given weather forecast...

17 minutes ago, NickD said:

1200 would be verging on miraculous...especially given weather forecast...

I'm upping my prediction to 1201...I know you guys can do it and get the folks out for the big game.  Call everyone...offer free beer.

25 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I'm upping my prediction to 1201...I know you guys can do it and get the folks out for the big game.  Call everyone...offer free beer.

or leave gate open..:popcorn:and free beer.:rap::codemafia:

Well wasn't expecting that. Fantastic effort from the team, played almost a perfect 65 minutes, but a couple of errors and Toronto capitalised. Good completion, good kicking and low penalty count. Forwards grafted really hard an Worrincy had his best game since signing for us. If we can perform like that we should be safe from relegation.

Fantastic effort when you look at the opposition. Perfect game plan. All going well for 65 mins and then 2 points thrown away. We would all have settled for a 5 point loss before KO but we dominated for most of the game. 17-4 up. Toronto score and then we self destruct. Kick out on full, Morton milking a penalty under his own posts and he loses the ball, Annakin spitting when we are attacking. As much as I am happy we competed all game against a quality side I still think we threw it away. 16 up against York, 13 up against Wolfpack and 6 up against Barrow not forgetting letting Swinton put 12 on the board in the last few minutes. If LG can change our attitude when we are in a winning position then bingo.

Archived