Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Therein73

Best for a long time.......

Well, that was some performance -- what a shame we couldn't quite control things through the 80 minutes and get our just reward........ Thought our game plan was spot on - Team selection absolutely right, though didn't understand Andrade's short stint (????), defensively very good, and effort - 100% by everyone........ IF ONLY we'd kept our heads and stuck to the basics........ Sykes and Morton's errors were unfortunate, though un-necessary, but Annakin's sending off was unforgiveable....... To give away a penalty when in possession and in (or near) the opposition 20 is rank stupidity -- No matter what the provocation.

Overall.........well done guys and the game-on-game improvement from Swinton was immense........ Plaudits to the coaching set up and the players...... A lot of reason for optimism.

• Like 4

Agree with all of this, and it was a great game to watch too - proper old-fashioned RL in fact: none of your fast-flowing high scoring modern malarky.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Well done Dewsbury. To be honest I thought you were in for a fifty point mauling. I watched the game when I got home from Widnes and must say you deserved to hold on in that game. There was a dubious try to both sides but I was impressed how you contained them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1