V Sheffield

NickD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NickD said:

Would be a very good win if we can pull it off. 

Hoping a few of the Dewsbury lads get a game, but hypocritically would like to see Samy Kibula playing???

I’ll  go 14-18.  

Att 792

2 hours ago, NickD said:

I’ve no issues with the loan players apart from the 2 from Rhinos. Anyway onto the game. Let’s just put last weeks defeat behind us and move on.

If we can cut out the silly penalties and mistakes I honestly think we can win.

Us by 4

Fts Ryder

Mom Knowles

Att 814 (usual taxi army from Sheffield)

15 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I’ve no issues with the loan players apart from the 2 from Rhinos. Anyway onto the game. Let’s just put last weeks defeat behind us and move on.

If we can cut out the silly penalties and mistakes I honestly think we can win.

Us by 4

Fts Ryder

Mom Knowles

Att 814 (usual taxi army from Sheffield)

Sheffield's gates seem to have improved this year Graham; how many Rams fans do you think were at Halifax last week?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Sheffield's gates seem to have improved this year Graham; how many Rams fans do you think were at Halifax last week?

32.  I counted em.  

1 hour ago, NickD said:

32.  I counted em.  

And 18 of them were Bradford fans who turned up at the wrong game in their shirts

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Good to see Andrade back .... not so good no Hooley and no Walshaw!! ... I am a little concerned about our backs defence against Sheffields wingers! ... especially if Gabriel is at centre ....  I'm probably leaving Alex Brown out ... and putting one of the second rowers ( maybe Knowles ) at centre!

image.png.9cfacfd9ef107722c5d6fb89bc432887.png

I HAD an idea that we might just beat Sheffield, but on seeing the selected nineteen I’m not so sure. 

I guess that Hooley, Iggy, Walshaw and Ward have been dropped in favour of King and Mackay (not sure I’ve seen those two play), Harrison, Alex Brown and keeping the two loanees from Leeds, who, to me,  did not offer anything at Halifax. I think we have here a weak defence. 

Dewsbury 16-28 Sheffield 

FTS: Morton 

MoM: Annakin

Att: 944

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Ward definitely picked up a bad knock last week and I believe that Hooley did also. Why Brown is included evades me and we don't have an alternative hooker, so either Day plays 80 minutes or someone like Knowles would step in.

When LG was appointed we did say that we would need to be patient so we should remember that I suppose. It will continue to be an interesting season, hopefully not in a Chinese sense.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Wind, rain, hail - could be a leveller or expose us, who can tell?

Rams 16 - 24 Eagles

Att: 815, or whatever the announcer chooses. (This will not be helped by OuRLeague streaming the Widnes-Bradford game, ko 3.00pm, foc to all subscribers. I hope that the club will have something to say about this in due course.)

20 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Ward definitely picked up a bad knock last week and I believe that Hooley did also. Why Brown is included evades me and we don't have an alternative hooker, so either Day plays 80 minutes or someone like Knowles would step in.

Pretty sure we’ll be getting an update from the club anytime now on where we are with injuries etc.  We generally do.

No Wait......

it would spoil all the speculation on here and spoil our fun.  Let’s hope they don’t bother. .

3 hours ago, NickD said:

Pretty sure we’ll be getting an update from the club anytime now on where we are with injuries etc.  We generally do.

No Wait......

it would spoil all the speculation on here and spoil our fun.  Let’s hope they don’t bother. .

You wish will come true - no doubt. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Can't get to the Tetley Stadium on Sunday? Don't miss any of the action with HWD Hospital Radio.

We have LIVE commentary as the Rams take on Sheffield from 3.00pm.
Hear all the action from the Tetley Stadium. Listen live for free by clicking on this link   http://ow.ly/mNpD30ncrca  

Or visit www.hwdhospitalradio.com and click on Listen Live!
It's next best to being there!

logo.png

From the published 19, I suggest the team will be:

1 Morton

2 Worrincy 

3 Gabriel

4 Ryder

5 Brown, Alex

6 Sykes 

7 Finn

8 Andrade

9 Day

10 Garratt

11 Kibula 

12 Knowles

13 Trout, Kyle

14 Annakin

15 Harrison

16 Trout, Owen

17 Mustapha

Legs, Dews, Legs.

“It's not the despair. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.”

:wild:

Bloody hell fire. 

Theres some Dewsbury players that need to take a good hard look at themselves after that. They’ve let the fans, and themselves, down. 

With a bit more composure Dewsbury could have won 5/6 games this season. 

Even Finn saw bench? Bit of biff lads?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

46 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

What happened for Samy Kibula to get sent off? If ever there's a forward that's too 'nice' it's him.

Sheffield had a player sent off so think the referee took the opportunity to level things up. He shouldn't have been sent off.

1 hour ago, Moscow01 said:

Bloody hell fire. 

Theres some Dewsbury players that need to take a good hard look at themselves after that. They’ve let the fans, and themselves, down. 

With a bit more composure Dewsbury could have won 5/6 games this season. 

Nonsense

They all played well today and but for the Ref we would have had the points.   To start with Samy would never have been sent off had he not already sent their fella off.  Their bloke thought he was Barry McGuighan, couldn't really see that Samy did much at all..

Every decision went their way including that ridiculous pen 2 mins from time.  Without that we'd have won..

Gutted for the lads today...Think we did throw away the lead against York and Toronto but today we were simply robbed.  Gotta keep playing like that though..If we do our luck has to change

I wasn't at the game - reduced to listening on hospital radio (not from inside - my followers don't need to worry) and the factor that struck me was that both of the last two yellow cards resulted from our players pulling off desperation tackles. Maybe if they hadn't been allowed to make both of those breaks down the middle then these tackles won't have been called for and the defeat would have been avoided.

We do seem to end most of our matches having to perform a heap of last ditch defending. Somethng, somewhere should be happening to prevent this from being necessary in the first instance, and I believe that is the root of LG's continual frustration with the team: game management.

40 minutes ago, NickD said:

Nonsense

They all played well today and but for the Ref we would have had the points.   To start with Samy would never have been sent off had he not already sent their fella off.  Their bloke thought he was Barry McGuighan, couldn't really see that Samy did much at all..

Every decision went their way including that ridiculous pen 2 mins from time.  Without that we'd have won..

Gutted for the lads today...Think we did throw away the lead against York and Toronto but today we were simply robbed.  Gotta keep playing like that though..If we do our luck has to change

Totally agree Nick. The lads gave everything apart from maybe one (remain nameless). Jack Smith's handling of the game today was appalling. TJ's weren't much better. Whatever went on out there today one side got heavily penalised, Dewsbury. If you get a balance from a referee, consistency, then fair play, but Smith played them into the game. I am not saying intentionally. He just doesn't have the required skills to be an official. On 3 occasions on tackle six he penalised us for holding down which were very contentious. Moscow 01 you were obviously watching a different game

8 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I wasn't at the game - reduced to listening on hospital radio (not from inside - my followers don't need to worry) and the factor that struck me was that both of the last two yellow cards resulted from our players pulling off desperation tackles. Maybe if they hadn't been allowed to make both of those breaks down the middle then these tackles won't have been called for and the defeat would have been avoided.

We do seem to end most of our matches having to perform a heap of last ditch defending. Somethng, somewhere should be happening to prevent this from being necessary in the first instance, and I believe that is the root of LG's continual frustration with the team: game management.

It's the last 5 minutes BSJ. By that time we were a man short due to inept officiating. Sheffield had to throw the kitchen sink at us to salvage the game. They had an extra man. This week wasn't down to hanging on it was down to ###### officials and nobody will tell me otherwise. Kibula got sent off for nothing yet Finn kicks through on the last and nearly gets his head knocked off late and the referee waves play on. We have been masters of our own downfall but not today

Archived