New 7

9' oller

6 minutes ago, phildog said:

Absolutely flabbergasted, more tinkering, sends message to Danny Yates (one of 'my players' don't forget!!) that I brought you but you're not good enough. Championship experienced already, then leaves out the fully experienced player for somebody who can't get in at his other club, as it says, surplus to requirements!! Where is any sign of joined-up thinking? It is getting laughable now, both board and coach clutching at straws. The players needed are already here, it's the coaching input that's failing, how many more defeats will it take, how many more selection switches?

Do you reckon he should have gone with the same two halfbacks as last week? 

I don't think anyone, including the two players, would be happy with how the halfbacks combined last week. You were one of the first people moaning last season that we didn't get players in on loan, now we have, and you are complaining we are changing the team too much.

Talk about a no win situation.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that is interesting, with Brambani not in the squad and James Brown the vice captain it looks like Brown will be on from the start as captain.

17 hours ago, Lone Drinker said:

I never understand posts like this. If you know a name just say it. If you don’t think you should be saying it, why bother posting anything at all. No offence 9’ oller. :)

That twerp from Dewsbury is the biggest culprit. Graham something?

That’s his name,Olly Russell?

Yes Dogfather but that was last season, this season we appeared to have brought in well with cover all over, and I re-state...it's the coach's team now!! We needed to bring in cover when we had more than a team off injured, now we're 6 games in, everybody fit yet as in Yates' case, as mentioned above, he hasn't played 1 game in the position we bought him for. So now a bloke who was probably going to spend a lot of the season behind and learning from a senior player suddenly become a 3rd choice!! Is it already becoming clear to whom Diskin was referring in his radio interview when he said 'we'll move 'em on'? There's only one 'moving on' that most want to see...on discussions on the position of previous coaches there has usually been a fair split, with the guy in question having a decent degree of support, but haven't seen any in support of the current situation.

Don't think Dom trained at mount last night but he's either doing his own thing on field or following a game plan that's not working.

In his pomp hes been devastating both before us and and a few year before.

Regarding disco his arrival was a gamble as good players don't always make great coaches. For previous coaches small faults they always seemed friendly approachable and professional 

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Yes Dogfather but that was last season, this season we appeared to have brought in well with cover all over, and I re-state...it's the coach's team now!! We needed to bring in cover when we had more than a team off injured, now we're 6 games in, everybody fit yet as in Yates' case, as mentioned above, he hasn't played 1 game in the position we bought him for. So now a bloke who was probably going to spend a lot of the season behind and learning from a senior player suddenly become a 3rd choice!! Is it already becoming clear to whom Diskin was referring in his radio interview when he said 'we'll move 'em on'? There's only one 'moving on' that most want to see...on discussions on the position of previous coaches there has usually been a fair split, with the guy in question having a decent degree of support, but haven't seen any in support of the current situation.

Are you suggesting, because Diskin signed Yates and he is part of his team, he should have played the same halfback combination that lacked creativity last week, again tomorrow? 

In relation to the lack of support for the current coach, you seem to be assuming that the majority of our fans use this forum. When in fact it is a very small minority.

I have my doubts about some of the decisions he has made, and his man-management skills. Then again, I didn't agree with some of Kear's calls regarding players either, but it is fair to say Kear knows more about the game than most people, so who are we to argue? 

None of us really know what is going off behind the scenes, there are lots of rumours flying around, as there always is, when a team isn't winning. But a couple of wins will silence all of Diskin's critics and everything in the garden will be rosey again. The difficulty in doing that is the run of fixtures coming up. Even if we were playing out of our skin, would you have expected to pick up wins against Widnes, Toulouse and Toronto?

Before the season started, which of the games we have played so far, other than Barrow at home, would you have realistically expected us to win?

55 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Are you suggesting, because Diskin signed Yates and he is part of his team, he should have played the same halfback combination that lacked creativity last week, again tomorrow? 

In relation to the lack of support for the current coach, you seem to be assuming that the majority of our fans use this forum. When in fact it is a very small minority.

I have my doubts about some of the decisions he has made, and his man-management skills. Then again, I didn't agree with some of Kear's calls regarding players either, but it is fair to say Kear knows more about the game than most people, so who are we to argue? 

None of us really know what is going off behind the scenes, there are lots of rumours flying around, as there always is, when a team isn't winning. But a couple of wins will silence all of Diskin's critics and everything in the garden will be rosey again. The difficulty in doing that is the run of fixtures coming up. Even if we were playing out of our skin, would you have expected to pick up wins against Widnes, Toulouse and Toronto?

Before the season started, which of the games we have played so far, other than Barrow at home, would you have realistically expected us to win?

I think what Phil is saying , is , Yates is a 7 and hasn't played there yet

IMG_0583.JPG

its not always about the winning at all,have gone home from games well proud even if we lost by 8 or 12 points,cos we tried hard, total lack of ambition this past 2 years or more to try give the players a real chance with a tough no nonesense coach who aint one a the lads.i can only see us winning maybe 3 outa 12 games and that fair enough if you want to be in bottom 4 year after year again, how good was it to be in top 4 for a change but that dident last and its onlt reason its gone T*** up. were so set in our ways i doubt bod will even bother looking for a replacement in next few months as its less hasstle to do same old same.

48 minutes ago, silverback said:

its not always about the winning at all,have gone home from games well proud even if we lost by 8 or 12 points,cos we tried hard, total lack of ambition this past 2 years or more to try give the players a real chance with a tough no nonesense coach who aint one a the lads.i can only see us winning maybe 3 outa 12 games and that fair enough if you want to be in bottom 4 year after year again, how good was it to be in top 4 for a change but that dident last and its onlt reason its gone T*** up. were so set in our ways i doubt bod will even bother looking for a replacement in next few months as its less hasstle to do same old same.

I think that is unfair. If the people who run our club do not want hassle, they they would not be running the club. As kn says, it would be easier for him to just stand on the terraces and watch games like most of us do. I think they work unbelievably hard to ensure our club still exists, and for that I will always be thankful to them. 

I am as ###### off as anyone at the moment though.

3 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I think that is unfair. If the people who run our club do not want hassle, they they would not be running the club. As kn says, it would be easier for him to just stand on the terraces and watch games like most of us do. I think they work unbelievably hard to ensure our club still exists, and for that I will always be thankful to them. 

Well said , my thoughts to a tee

IMG_0583.JPG

1 hour ago, Batley Bob said:

I think what Phil is saying , is , Yates is a 7 and hasn't played there yet

And I still think a Yate,s / Jouffret combination could work , given a few games to get to know one another , but will we ever see it 

IMG_0583.JPG

4 minutes ago, distantdog said:

see how many fans are missing again at next game.am sorry after 38 years  a support the last 3 have been rubbish, anybody with half a brain cell can see our teams been chopped and changed and we still aint got a set a halfs to play and get lads on front foot. give a right coach a couple a week and we would be playing to win have some fire back in the bellys.

1 minute ago, silverback said:

see how many fans are missing again at next game.am sorry after 38 years  a support the last 3 have been rubbish, anybody with half a brain cell can see our teams been chopped and changed and we still aint got a set a halfs to play and get lads on front foot. give a right coach a couple a week and we would be playing to win have some fire back in the bellys.

I don't disagree with any of that. I just don't agree that the board are too lazy and so avoid hassle

6 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I don't disagree with any of that. I just don't agree that the board are too lazy and so avoid hassle

am not saying anyones lazy at all, far from it as the mounts been transformed in past 30 years,lots a work gets done but its crazy having best looking ground in north,best food outlets and barstaff, best marmalade and ale, then make do with a coach thats naff and proved hes naff time after time, give me a team next week that includes FAZ n crookes and davey and i put my house on we do better. and leave coach in his pub and we will do even better, so the less hassle is aimed at it must be simpler to do same old or it would a been changed 2 years since,

1 minute ago, silverback said:

am not saying anyones lazy at all, far from it as the mounts been transformed in past 30 years,lots a work gets done but its crazy having best looking ground in north,best food outlets and barstaff, best marmalade and ale, then make do with a coach thats naff and proved hes naff time after time, give me a team next week that includes FAZ n crookes and davey and i put my house on we do better. and leave coach in his pub and we will do even better, so the less hassle is aimed at it must be simpler to do same old or it would a been changed 2 years since,

Fair enough, but I still disagree. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but perhaps a three year contract may have been too long. 

Just now, distantdog said:

Fair enough, but I still disagree. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but perhaps a three year contract may have been too long. 

one year could a done, but dont forget his interview first week was we were a stepping stone to england job.:read:

56 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

And I still think a Yate,s / Jouffret combination could work , given a few games to get to know one another , but will we ever see it 

I think it is worth a try, but we seem to be lacking an organiser, I'm not sure either of them are that type of character, sadly neither is Brambani. That is not a criticism of any of the 3 of them, it just doesn't seem to be a trait any of them has. 

Maybe this lad from Huddersfield is a talker and an organiser with a long kicking game?  We'll have to wait and see. But credit to the club for at least trying. I note on the Huddersfield web page, he is listed as a hooker and a halfback, so he might be the missing link that kick starts our season?

Good luck to the lad.

Nobody has ever accused KN and board members of not caring, if they didn't they've had loads of opportunity during their tenure to have walked away. What is at question is the reluctance to sometimes make tough decisions, gentlemen sometimes get taken advantage of...and there is a VERY tough decision looming.

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

I think it is worth a try, but we seem to be lacking an organiser, I'm not sure either of them are that type of character, sadly neither is Brambani. That is not a criticism of any of the 3 of them, it just doesn't seem to be a trait any of them has. 

Maybe this lad from Huddersfield is a talker and an organiser with a long kicking game?  We'll have to wait and see. But credit to the club for at least trying. I note on the Huddersfield web page, he is listed as a hooker and a halfback, so he might be the missing link that kick starts our season?

Good luck to the lad.

but what if we light a spark with russell and play like demons for a few games, then he goes back and were in deep again rather than try make what we have work to start with. or will this russell be up for grabs maybe if hes the answer to our prayers. i do think if right man comes in and makes things happen that leaky/yates will click too.

2 hours ago, silverback said:

but what if we light a spark with russell and play like demons for a few games, then he goes back and were in deep again rather than try make what we have work to start with. or will this russell be up for grabs maybe if hes the answer to our prayers. i do think if right man comes in and makes things happen that leaky/yates will click too.

Completely agree with you, a couple of wins would make all the difference and might just make things click again.

Problem is, we have 3 of the toughest games of the season coming up. The target is probably to go all out to get something against Toulouse at home next week. It is a really tough ask though.

I just hope we keep it tight and play as well as we can. That is all any of us can ask, regardless of the results.  

Archived