Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ELBOWSEYE

Disciplinary

Ben westwood has been charged with a grade d charge, patton, greenwood and Isa not charged.

Just now, my missus said:

sounds right to me. he should get 4 as he has previous.

No problem with Westwood hes had five in the  past so hes no complaints, patton and Isa were as ecpected but thought Greenwood would pickup a match,also Danny kirkmond two game penalty.

No charge for Greenwood :mad: Described by the RFL as a 'reckless' attack to the head of Blake Austin, yet faces no punishment.

I'll be surprised if Austin lasts the whole season, the way it's going. He's clearly got a target on his head to aim at. 

Can’t argue with four matches.   The headbutt attempt itself was hardly meaningful but the fact that Westwood has repeated indiscretions (and recent ones) has left the disciplinary board with no choice.

Thankfully we can bring in a player who will still make an impact, albeit in a different way, in Harvey Livett.   I’m hoping he can add a bit of creativity against a fairly flamboyant Wakefield team.

9 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Wigan escape again. Laughable really.

Or maybe the offences just weren't worthy of being charged.

They have updated the article to correct innacuracies. Greenwood and Sarginson were charged, Grade A for their offences which is no ban.

I think Greenwood can count himself a touch lucky, it was late, a shoulder and made contact with the head. They really should be trying to get that out of the sport imho. A match or two should be forthcoming for that.

Can't argue with any of the rest.

37 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Do they ever take into account the relative size of the players in making decisions?

I think a headbutt is a headbutt, regardless ?

Unless it’s Rob Burrow versus Wayne McDonald, then it’s reclassed as an attack to the knee.

12 hours ago, Dave T said:

They have updated the article to correct innacuracies. Greenwood and Sarginson were charged, Grade A for their offences which is no ban.

I think Greenwood can count himself a touch lucky, it was late, a shoulder and made contact with the head. They really should be trying to get that out of the sport imho. A match or two should be forthcoming for that.

Grade A is not necessarily no ban.

15 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Grade A is not necessarily no ban.

No sorry, they both got no ban is what I meant.

On 3/20/2019 at 6:54 AM, Dave T said:

It was an attack to the head. And people wonder why there is a consensus that Wigan are given exemptions.

29 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

It was an attack to the head. And people wonder why there is a consensus that Wigan are given exemptions.

Wardle didnt get a ban and he made contact with Manfredi's head knocking his teeth out. Does that mean Huddersfield are given exemptions or are you just on an anti-Wigan rant.

1 hour ago, johnh1 said:

38 minutes ago, 7723 said:

Wardle didnt get a ban and he made contact with Manfredi's head knocking his teeth out. Does that mean Huddersfield are given exemptions or are you just on an anti-Wigan rant.

Indeed, I am not going to go down the anti-Wigan route, I want to see late hits on players punished, particularly when contact is made with the head. 

It was late, high, and a shoulder charge.