Referee T. Crashley
Touch Judge 1 J. Pullein
Touch Judge 2 M. Rossleigh
Reserve Referee G. Evans

IMG_0583.JPG

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And all Batley as to do is tackle, tackle, tackle, forget about scoring just stop them and then win the game with a drop kick.

Awe well it was a good dream.

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

And all Batley as to do is tackle, tackle, tackle, 

about as much chance as Oscar Pistorius catching athletes foot. 

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

50% chance then!

I'll be there but not with wife/kids = expenditure

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 hour ago, 9' oller said:

50% chance then!

0% chance.

as far as i know he hasn't got any feet.

these were the games (over the past 4-5 years or so) where we always thought we had a sneaky chance of upsetting the odds,but now we all know we just haven't got a hope of winning.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

9 hours ago, il cattivo said:

0% chance.

as far as i know he hasn't got any feet.

these were the games (over the past 4-5 years or so) where we always thought we had a sneaky chance of upsetting the odds,but now we all know we just haven't got a hope of winning.

In sport there is always a chance! And for that reason like every game I'll turn up because I support Batley RLFC

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

In sport there is always a chance! And for that reason like every game I'll turn up because I support Batley RLFC

don't forget TO are not well known for their ability to travel get stuck in their faces and the'll want to be back home pronto

They only beat Swinton 26-24. Nothing is certain in sport. What if Toulouse get a player dismissed early doors? And what if Batley decide to hit a purple patch? Stick by em. I've stuck by Fev for 56 years and seen the good the bad and the ugly.......and some very very ugly?????

Toronto blip Coolie? Is that the blip that saw us keep 'em to 34 instead of the possible 64? Can't work out what the normal service is either!! Great grub, good bars, good crack, is that it....!!!

Perhaps normal service is moan, moan and more moans on the message board. What ever is done there is always Mr doom saying how terrible things are thankfully the 6 or so are not representive of the fan base.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

4 hours ago, ernieone said:

Perhaps normal service is moan, moan and more moans on the message board. What ever is done there is always Mr doom saying how terrible things are thankfully the 6 or so are not representive of the fan base.

every fan i speak to feels the same , we want a new coach 

13 hours ago, phildog said:

Toronto blip Coolie? Is that the blip that saw us keep 'em to 34 instead of the possible 64? Can't work out what the normal service is either!! Great grub, good bars, good crack, is that it....!!!

The blip is a decent performance which you served up at Hull kr. 

There's friction between the fans and the coach.. And I can't see the situation getting better, wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't afford to get rid of diskin.. We've been in that situation when the coach needs to go.. It's down to brass then.

4 hours ago, ernieone said:

?how many have given up saying owt for a long while now, i doubt the far more than 6 are quiet because they are ho so happy with the game. far too many gone and doubt will be back from at least 2 years since due to one factor overlooked by those in charge, am not too overfussed as i know things wont change for a while yet but just enjoy the day out with those who also love all things batley.rebuild in 2020 and get the fans back onboard.too many faces missing of late,

7 hours ago, ernieone said:

One win in seven with the team conceding on average 27 points per game  is bound to get people moaning . Do you seriously expect people to express positive opinions with this kind of playing record ? I reckon that those fans that pay their money to watch Batley are entitled to express their opinions whether we agree with it or not ! Even the most ardent Batley fan should recognise that there is not a lot to shout about as things stand . 

If you think it is only half a dozen supporters who are dissatisfied with things then I suggest that on Saturday you go and ask people on the terraces what they think . I think that you will get more than half a dozen negative views !!

In reality , as Batley supporters , we are already reduced to hoping that all  we need to do is to beat Swinton , Rochdale and Dewsbury to maintain our Championship status which seems to be the extent of our falling ambitions for this season . I think it is fair to say that most fans were expecting a little bit more for 2019 ! It seems a long time since those heady days of 3 years ago .

At home , this squad should also be capable of beating Halifax and Sheffield plus Featherstone (if their "guest" players are absent ) but will they ?

For what it is worth I think that we can easily avoid relegation trouble but that does not make it a good season ! If that's moaning then so be it !!!!

dont wish to sound negative but does anyone think the second half performance out weighs the first half performance. no disrespect to the chairman but he were unlucky against Halifax but appoling against Bradford and featherstone and Barrow even worse.how many more games does a coach get to get it right either it's his tactics or motivation that's the issue.  Halifax first half embarrassing then Toronto first half as for naming and shaming players is un professional and disrespectful to players who he expects to play for him

Archived