Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iffleyox

Trin acquire Belle Vue freehold!

Recommended Posts

Absolutely fantastic news. The more clubs that own their own grounds the better. I'm delighted for them and hopefully they can build and grow now.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They just need to knock down the main stand and build one stand to increase the capacity with great corporate and media facilities. That would be enough for a start. 

Put a roof over the terrace down the toucheline and it’ll be a tidy ground which will increase their income nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cdd said:

They just need to knock down the main stand and build one stand to increase the capacity with great corporate and media facilities. That would be enough for a start. 

Put a roof over the terrace down the toucheline and it’ll be a tidy ground which will increase their income nicely.

It needs a bit more work than that!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously not paying rent on the ground is good, but they will be making loan repayments instead for x years. 

If they have had to take a loan from the council to purchase the lease on the ground, how do they plan to fund any development work, which is badly needed and long overdue? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long way to go but great news.

Belle Vue is like one of those derelict, abandoned post-Taylor report football grounds but still in use.

If the redevelopment looks anything like the visual represention it should make a big difference to Wakefield’s crowds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

And Wakey surge into the lead. Your move Cas . Seriously I hope both clubs well and it all comes to fruition 

It's not a race but if it were, cas are still in front by a short head. They already own their ground albeit they also have loans secured against it.

Cas are also fortunate in that they don't have to rely on sharks like yorkcourt. They are working with a developer who seems to have far more honesty. They are still on course to be given a brand new stadium as far as I am aware.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed that Wakefield AFC are reforming. Would a groundshare* open up the possibility of extra stadium development money (e.g. in the form of a grant)?

*I haven't seen anything to suggest this might happen. It was just a thought.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

I noticed that Wakefield AFC are reforming. Would a groundshare* open up the possibility of extra stadium development money (e.g. in the form of a grant)?

*I haven't seen anything to suggest this might happen. It was just a thought.

 

Wakefield AFC have announced their intentions to share with Trinity when/if they develop a ground but until then they will play at Pontefract Collieries. The football team will be starting in the 11th tier so you’d think whatever they could bring to the ground would be a drop in the ocean but they seem to be confident they have enough money behind them to climb the leagues quickly. Even a ground share with a conference level team would help Trinity a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fevtom said:

Wakefield AFC have announced their intentions to share with Trinity when/if they develop a ground but until then they will play at Pontefract Collieries. The football team will be starting in the 11th tier so you’d think whatever they could bring to the ground would be a drop in the ocean but they seem to be confident they have enough money behind them to climb the leagues quickly. Even a ground share with a conference level team would help Trinity a lot.

More income streams will certainly be very beneficial with regards developing the stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

It needs a bit more work than that!

In the long term yes, hopefully.

But they desperately need to sort a main stand with facilities to match other clubs. The media, corporate and changing facilities at belle vue are the worst in the league. Many championship clubs are far better.

A main stand could ensure more undercover seating, proper corporate facilities and boxes, top changing facilities and some good areas for the media. I’ve sat in the media box at belle vue, it doesn’t exactly get the media excited about watching a game there. 

All the facilities they need can be built with one stand to avoid putting unessesary financial pressure on the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cdd said:

In the long term yes, hopefully.

But they desperately need to sort a main stand with facilities to match other clubs. The media, corporate and changing facilities at belle vue are the worst in the league. Many championship clubs are far better.

A main stand could ensure more undercover seating, proper corporate facilities and boxes, top changing facilities and some good areas for the media. I’ve sat in the media box at belle vue, it doesn’t exactly get the media excited about watching a game there. 

All the facilities they need can be built with one stand to avoid putting unessesary financial pressure on the club. 

That would be some Stand.  Would the other 3 sides have to wait until funds could be released or found?

A new stadium would be far easier to build than a phased scheme.  In the long term it would be cheaper too.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

That would be some Stand.  Would the other 3 sides have to wait until funds could be released or found?

A new stadium would be far easier to build than a phased scheme.  In the long term it would be cheaper too.  

 

Not really. It’s quite standard for all the changing, media, corporate and broadcasting facilities to be housed in one stand.

Thats the case at Wigan, Hull, St Helens and Warrington. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Best bet is to do a ' Feb ' , find some old football ground being fully replaced and pick up 1 decent stand 

Feb?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Cdd said:

Not really. It’s quite standard for all the changing, media, corporate and broadcasting facilities to be housed in one stand.

Thats the case at Wigan, Hull, St Helens and Warrington. 

Not in the space at Belle Vue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...