John Drake

Sun 31 Mar: SL: London Broncos v Huddersfield Giants KO 3pm

Who will win?  

46 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Huddersfield Giants

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/03/19 at 14:00

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Yes, the Curse of the Chronicler seems to be in good order this season - I claim full credit for Leeds' win Thursday!!

Lets hope you can claim back to back wins come Sunday night!

Edited by TBC

London to win I think......put your money on the Giants!!!?

Broncos need to be winning games like this and think they will today.

28-12 Giants HT. Fartown literally too strong for the Broncos. Huddersfield may not be the most thrilling side but they have some powerful forwards and are eating up the yards.

Broncos have had chances but Huddersfield’s goalline D has been as good as London’s has been poor.

London 12 Huddersfield 28 half time.

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Score now moved on to 22-38.

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

I thought at the beginning of the season that London would be relegated and then they had some wins i thought they would survive, but now i think they are odds on to get relegated as they are clearly not good enough. Sad but true.

Unfortunately I think there was a massive overreaction after London won a couple of games. Didn’t we have a thread on them making the top five? Warrington next week which I can only see going one way.

London have some real grit to them, and play some good football. 

Come to Ealing under cooked at your peril 

3 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Unfortunately I think there was a massive overreaction after London won a couple of games. Didn’t we have a thread on them making the top five? Warrington next week which I can only see going one way.

3 minutes ago, Ant said:

London have some real grit to them, and play some good football. 

Come to Ealing under cooked at your peril 

Nobody can escape the fact that the loss today for London was huge when a lot or people expected them to win against a poor side.

Conditions were difficult with high winds.

It’s true that Broncos never give up but these lapses in concentration are costing them dearly.

We cant give Super League teams a 22 point lead and then show flashes of our A game.

London aren’t as well structured and nor does their attack look as threatening without James Cunningham on the pitch.

Broncos struggled to contain Ikahihifo.

Huddersfield were well worth the 2 points today.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I thought at the beginning of the season that London would be relegated and then they had some wins i thought they would survive, but now i think they are odds on to get relegated as they are clearly not good enough. Sad but true.

Not really sad. It’s a minor miracle London are in Super League.

They actually had a ton of good ball in the second half but were ponderous and predictable.

There’s still hope but the worry is the more they lose, the more their confidence is eroded and they become ever more conservative. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Nobody can escape the fact that the loss today for London was huge when a lot or people expected them to win against a poor side.

Huddersfield arent a poor side. 

Hth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fevtom said:

They've still got the lightest squad in the league by far and given the possibility to recruit in the timescale, you could say they've performed beyond expectations, but to say there was a "massive over-reaction" is simply not true at all. People have been pleasantly surprised but no-one has been bigging them up at play-off contenders and have always said despite the wins they would be in the bottom few clubs fighting to avoid relegation.

Unfortunately the only massive over-reaction is yours due to a London defeat!

Oh and predicting Warrington beating London, best you get yourself down to the Lotto counter and buy a ticket Gypsy Rosa Lee

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ask not for who the cow bells toll....

I posted about the mad 20 we got the terrible twelve instead by which time in the first half Huddersfield were 16-6 up. They had a simple and effective game plan, trucking the ball upfield with their forwards, mining the seam up the middle of the park, making big yards and then crashing over the line through defenders. London's tries were more eye catching particularily Rhys William's interception effort in the second half but you do not get competition points for artistic merit in Rugby League.

Defensively, Huddersfield slowed the play the ball, allowing the defensive line to reset, London's attack going crab like in the first half from side to side, by the time London scored again they were already 6-28 down with the game virtually gone. The second half was a big improvement for the Broncos but Huddersfield always had a cushion to rely on.

London;'s defensive woes against a side executing basic Rugby League Football ,were there for all to see and not even the introduction of Eddie Battye stemmed the tide. League tables do not lie nor does the points difference unless London aim up and improve their defence the club's stay in the top flight will be a short one.

This is going to be Danny Ward and the Coaching staff's first really big test in his tenure.

I would like to use the offices of TRL to send out an APB for Mark Ioane, I am not aware that he is injured he is just missing . If found please return Mark to:

London Broncos starting XIII

c/ o Trailfinders SSC, Ealing

That is all.

Edited by THE RED ROOSTER
Spilling ellors
  • Like 2

?

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

Eddie Demsey RMT

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019

12 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

I posted about the mad 20 we got the terrible twelve instead by which time in the first half Huddersfield were 16-6 up. They had a simple and effective game plan, trucking the ball upfield with their forwards, mining the seam up the middle of the park, making big yards and then crashing over the line through defenders. London's tries were more eye catching particularily Rhys William's interception effort in the second half but you do not get competition points for artistic merit in Rugby League.

Defensively, Huddersfield slowed the play the ball, allowing the defensive line to reset, London's attack going crab like in the first half from side to side, by the time London scored again they were already 6-28 down with the game virtually gone. The second half was a big improvement for the Broncos but Huddersfield always had a cushion to rely on.

London;'s defensive woes against a side executing basic Rugby League Football ,were there for all to see and not even the introduction of Eddie Battye stemmed the tide. League tables do not lie nor does the points difference unless London aim up and improve their defence the club's stay in the top flight will be a short one.

This is going to be Danny Ward and the Coaching staff's first really big test in his tenure.

I would like to use the offices of TRL to send out an APB for Mark Ioane, I am not aware that he is injured he is just missing . If found please return Mark to:

That is all.

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Giants, possibly the most boring side in the league, but its winning games.

But with the brute force comes cleverness, like giving away 3 consecutive penalties on their line, knowing they could defend the reduced impetus, and so they did.

That said I thought Leeming looked a very very good and creative player.

We play some decent flowing rugby, and have to say Morgan Smith is improving by the week.

We lack go forward in the middle. Note we struggle against teams stacked with huge fellas and compete well against the more mobile packs.

I love the idea of sticking with the guys who got us promotion, but we need some big units, and surely DH must see that.

Worries includes loss of Yates before half time and Kear in second half.

13 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

That is all.

Never mind Eddie Battye, Mark Ioane was always the talisman in the Broncos pack. Without his leadership the pack look one dimensional. Get Mark back, pronto please. 

Thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Ealing, cracking set up, good people and very friendly, from the moment we got to the gates to get into the car park, the barcode wouldn't scan on the phone so he let us through anyway as he knew we had a pass- other clubs' stewards might have gone all 'jobsworth' and refused us entry until the barcode had scanned.

We were allowed to put up our flags wherever we pleased, the head steward said we could police it ourselves, so we would move the flags if the stand filled up, again, at other grounds it's almost a military operation to get even one flag up!

Freedom do move around and come and go as you pleased, the stewards there to help if you needed it, not to "mob up" and keep a watchful eye over everything you do, you were made to feel very welcome as a fan of the visiting team and not there as a hindrance, these are the kind of things that make a matchday experience good or bad, compared to some other grounds where entirely the opposite is true.

The London fans were all friendly and some even commented on the cowbell's and how much they enjoyed the atmosphere from the Giants contingent,and i hope they'll come into the HGSA's Legends bar before the game at Easter and have a drink with us.

But the day was really sealed with 3 wins for the Giants' scholarship, academy and first teams.

I really hope London stay up so we can visit again next year( although not at our expense!)

Edited by meast
  • Thanks 1

A few weeks ago, London might have snatched that game, our confidence and resilience was poor and our heads dropped too easily, yesterday, we got a good lead and once London started stretching our middles and getting some joy it looked dodgy, but thankfully we are a bit tougher mentally and managed to wrestle it back a few times and see it out.

London are a decent team though, they move it about well and show lots of enthusiasm but maybe lack a bit of fire power in the pack, but their backs are quick and strong and they play with no fear really by the looks of it.

Happy to come away with the win(s) as all our sides showed good character against very game opposition in all 3 games.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:12 PM, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Yes.  Probably London's 1st sub 2,000 attendance this season.

1,419 there yesterday.  Looks like early season enthusiasm dropping a bit.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

14 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

1,419 there yesterday.  Looks like early season enthusiasm dropping a bit.

The strange thing was, there was probably as many as half of that number in the bar watching the Spurs game on the big screen!