How well to the Catalan Dragons promote RL in France?

• 1 month later...

I would think that Catalans Dragons would be more compelled to promote ties in Catalunya rather than the rest of France due to the strong political and independence movement. With their intention to take up FC Barcelona's wish to play their home game against Wigan Warriors, would indicate that they would want to enlarge their footprint and win over supports from the Spanish side of the region.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/05/2019 at 02:36, Jean Capdouzey said:

I would think that Catalans Dragons would be more compelled to promote ties in Catalunya rather than the rest of France due to the strong political and independence movement. With their intention to take up FC Barcelona's wish to play their home game against Wigan Warriors, would indicate that they would want to enlarge their footprint and win over supports from the Spanish side of the region.

Would Toulouse be the torch bearer for the rest of France once they gain promotion to SL?

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

On 20/04/2019 at 08:32, deluded pom? said:

If Tony Gigot walked down the main high street in Perpignan would the average Perpignan citizen have any idea who he is?

No, no more idea than if a USAP player walked through the streets.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they promote the game well but the French game as a whole needs more. Pushing the Catalan angle is fine but I don't think it will necessarily broaden the game throughout the rest of France and makes it look even more regional. Adding Toulouse to Super League would change this and would allow French people who don't identify themselves as Catalan something to truly get behind. It also expands the footprint greatly at elite level.

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/06/2019 at 05:36, Oxford said:

Would a question like this be asked of any one club in England or Oz?

http://www.catalansdragons.com/photos-677-776-300-enfants-a-brutus-avec-lusep66/

That looks really interesting, I wish I could speak the language. 

Archived