Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bedfordshire Bronco

Sonny Bill to Catalan?

Recommended Posts

I thought he was going to Batley.

  • Haha 3

"Obviously, you're never going to be as passionate about it as you are about Rugby League."  Jason Nightingale         "Is there a better sport on the planet than Rugby League?" Greg Alexander             

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically, that clickbait article links the Judas Weasel with pretty much every rich club in either code.

  • Like 1

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I thought he was going to Batley.

The lure of the Frontier nightclub beckons him?

They could get him a part time gig at Fox's biscuits too

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Judas?

Yes; untrustworthy right down to the sub-atomic level. Put your faith in him, and he will let you down without a hint of remorse.


Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Yes; untrustworthy right down to the sub-atomic level. Put your faith in him, and he will let you down without a hint of remorse.

I get it to an extent but money talks and all that...especially in a short career etc

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Williams a Dragon, would that be enough to qualify him to play for Wales at the 2021 World Cup?

 

  • Haha 3

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

The lure of the Frontier nightclub beckons him?

They could get him a part time gig at Fox's biscuits too

Frontier nightclub closed a couple of years back

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moose said:

Frontier nightclub closed a couple of years back

 

I would say that it's s shame but having been there a few times when I was at uni I will say it is definitely not a shame

Is the biscuit factory still there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I would say that it's s shame but having been there a few times when I was at uni I will say it is definitely not a shame

Is the biscuit factory still there?

It was living on borrowed time for a few years, it’s been converted and fitted out as a gym now. 

Fox’s biscuits is still going strong😄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Basically, that clickbait article links the Judas Weasel with pretty much every rich club in either code.

That title belongs fairly and squarely to Mr Edwards image.png.44192238be0a73bae66c047a3baaeb5f.pngimage.png.b7d55b9379b9c44d88cbe785d835fd7d.png

 

So don't be misusing it now.

Edited by Oxford

"Obviously, you're never going to be as passionate about it as you are about Rugby League."  Jason Nightingale         "Is there a better sport on the planet than Rugby League?" Greg Alexander             

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic player

Managed his career very well and switching codes between world cups got him max exposure. Fair play

If I was coming up from down under for a last pay day wonder what I would choose. The Med, sunshine, beaches and fine cuisine v The M62 corridor

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, headtackle said:

Fantastic player

Managed his career very well and switching codes between world cups got him max exposure. Fair play

If I was coming up from down under for a last pay day wonder what I would choose. The Med, sunshine, beaches and fine cuisine v The M62 corridor

 

Agree a very very good player. Only issue would be how many games will he be fit for in a season? 

Injuries are catching up with him sadly. 

If he can play 20 out of 30 SL rounds he would definitely make a difference as is a great player. 

Catalans would have to spend big to get him though as surely Union clubs will be offering him considerable wedge in France and they would have to get near this!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Catalans have more than enough good forwards. Their top back rowers are Greg Bird, Jason Baitieri, Benjamin Garcia, Benjamin Jullien, Kenny Edwards, and Matt Whitley.  They don't need SBW. 

Israel Folau would be a better investment. Izzie could play full back, Tony Gigot goes to centre with Brayden Williame, and David Mead moves to the wing. Three other players  - Lewis Tierney, Fouad Yaha, and Jodie Broughton fight for one other wing spot, or better still, one of those three transfers to Toulouse.

Edited by Manfred Mann
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Catalans have more than enough good forwards. Their top back rowers are Greg Bird, Jason Baitieri, Benjamin Garcia, Benjamin Jullien, Kenny Edwards, and Matt Whitley.  They don't need SBW. 

Israel Folau would be a better investment. Izzie could play full back, Tony Gigot goes to centre with Brayden Williame, and David Mead moves to the wing. Three other players  - Lewis Tierney, Fouad Yaha, and Jodie Broughton fight for one other wing spot, or better still, one of those three transfers to Toulouse.

SBW would be a Prop imo. And a fine one at that too. 

Also if he's fit he's better than any of the forwards quoted by a long way with the exception of Edwards who he is still better than. This man basically made the offload a thing. He's a phenomenon. 

As for Folau, he would want a fortune to play (at least 500k euros if not alot more as he can earn big in Japan) , would not fit team culture (Dracs love a drink it seems) and has never played in Europe.

In RL, I would see him as a Winger. I don't see him playing FB, leave Gigot there, he's made it his own. Yaha is a key player too and surely can figure in the back row if not Wing so would not want to loose him.  Ultimately while Folau is  a brilliant talent, theres far too many issues. 

I would take a healthy SBW anyday over Folau for a RL team. 

SBW might end up at the NZ Warriors on a one year deal for 2020 though I feel..... Just a hunch. 

Folau to Japanese Union once everything settles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

leave Gigot there, he's made it his own.

Gigot to Section Paloise (Pau RU) on big money is a strong rumour currently. Shame for France RL if he goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...