Hull FC turn down massive offer for Jake Connor...

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

That's a lot of money for a Championship team.

?

Who mentioned Bradford. Surely they can't afford him.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, MZH said:

Why? Jake Connor is already one of the best and most marketable players in SL, and his best years are still ahead of him. What difference is having £500,000 in the coffers going to make really? It pays a few guys salary for a year, meanwhile a potential all time great of the club is tearing it up for one of our main rivals? No thanks.

Because Gary Hetherington doesn't part with the money easily.

I would suggest that would involve games played and tries scored etc before Hull FC got the full amount and perhaps that's why Hull FC turned down the offer

11 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

How is it typical leeds? in the SL era who have we panic bought? Harris maybe (which worked) but all of our success has been because of our academy.

I rate conner, highly.

Firstly I’m not thinking about the SL era, although you could say they’ve had a few that they’ve paid big money for - Briscoe for starters?

The academy isn’t quite all it seems as like most clubs the players in it are not always local lads and often taken from other clubs... Maybe they had better talent spotters?

Connor has lots still to do to become a great, but I can see a lot of tell tale signed he will be!

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

19 minutes ago, Roy Boy said:

Firstly I’m not thinking about the SL era, although you could say they’ve had a few that they’ve paid big money for - Briscoe for starters?

The academy isn’t quite all it seems as like most clubs the players in it are not always local lads and often taken from other clubs... Maybe they had better talent spotters?

Connor has lots still to do to become a great, but I can see a lot of tell tale signed he will be!

Utter rubbish about the academy,8/9 u16's in the England training squad (most of them are local) and plenty of Leeds u19's in the roses squads.The youth system is doing very well.

Is Connor's contract due for renewal,seems like a good story to get an improved FC contract.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

1 minute ago, terrywebbisgod said:

Utter rubbish about the academy,8/9 u16's in the England training squad (most of them are local) and plenty of Leeds u19's in the roses squads.The youth system is doing very well.

Is Connor's contract due for renewal,seems like a good story to get an improved FC contract.

Can you remind me where Sinfield and Burrows came from? ?

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

2 minutes ago, Roy Boy said:

Can you remind me where Sinfield and Burrows came from? ?

Oldham and Pontefract.Pontefract is local to Leeds,oh,by the way,COHA  signed lads from York this year and tried to sign a few Leeds lads for the 19's (my son being one of them).

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

2 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Decent player Connor but all time great or legend? He has a very very long way to go to get there. 

I think Roy Boy means a potential Hull all time great rather than a RL all time great. Forgive me if I’ve misread that Roy.

rldfsignature.jpg

10 minutes ago, terrywebbisgod said:

That is true, the current academy is the best in 20 years but barring the odd gem it’s not been great and underperformed for a lot of that period 

47 minutes ago, Roy Boy said:

The older Briscoe who was out of contract and signed for Leeds or the younger Briscoe who Leeds didn't have to pay anything for?

8 minutes ago, M j M said:

The older Briscoe who was out of contract and signed for Leeds or the younger Briscoe who Leeds didn't have to pay anything for?

I didn’t think Leeds paid for a Briscoe either. Hull’s chairwoman was sleeping with the enemy and tipped him off (no that’s not a sexual reference for the mucky minded out there).

rldfsignature.jpg

2 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I didn’t think Leeds paid for a Briscoe either. Hull’s chairwoman was sleeping with the enemy and tipped him off (no that’s not a sexual reference for the mucky minded out there).

For Luke maybe. Tom Leeds were always after and he was OOC.

3 hours ago, The Future is League said:

I would suggest that would involve games played and tries scored etc before Hull FC got the full amount and perhaps that's why Hull FC turned down the offer

His Wife parts with money easily.  Iirc, KH agreed a deal for Willie Manu which cost a further £200k down the track, undisclosed to Pearson.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

His Wife parts with money easily.  Iirc, KH agreed a deal for Willie Manu which cost a further £200k down the track, undisclosed to Pearson.

Perhaps that's why she is no longer at the club.

She obviously hasn't had any financial lessons from hubby or perhaps she just ignored them

6 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Sorry, I didnt mean why would there be strings. I mean why would we accept if there wasnt strings? It's a lot of money for a RL player, but it's not exactly going to change our club, it's about 10% of our revenue. It's certainly not too good to refuse.

10 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

? oh you’re not joking!

Well thought out input to the discussion, well done.

Any chance you could respond to my post in the Man Of Steel thread?

Thanks in advance.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

19 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

My understanding of that deal wasn't that there was an extra £200k down the track. Rather that they had an agreement that a good chunk of his salary would be set aside so that he could take a lump sum when he returned home. A pension basically.

Apparently when Manu left Saints and asked Hull for his money there was nothing there and Pearson had to foot the bill.

12 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Well thought out input to the discussion, well done.

Any chance you could respond to my post in the Man Of Steel thread?

Thanks in advance.

Your so easy and such a hyporcrite you really are. Endless snide thread derailing Tom Johnson references that you seem to find hillarious  then someone gives you one back and you can't take. I knew you were one of thosewho thinks they own the forum  from the start and now I know for certain.

57 minutes ago, MZH said:

My understanding of that deal wasn't that there was an extra £200k down the track. Rather that they had an agreement that a good chunk of his salary would be set aside so that he could take a lump sum when he returned home. A pension basically.

Apparently when Manu left Saints and asked Hull for his money there was nothing there and Pearson had to foot the bill.

Sorry, but even the worst businessman would not anyone pay out £200k for an ‘agreement’?

Archived