Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mumby Magic

Workington Town sack Leon Pryce (Merged Threads)

When you sign proven Super League and Championship players, presumably on decent money, you shouldn’t be throwing a 16 point lead away to London Skolars. Even worse than that was their shambolic performance against Whitehaven. 

Not a surprise he’s gone. 

Leon has left workington town by mutual consent

• Like 1

Is this the same Leon Pryce who's been sacked on another thread?

I was just wondering...

• Haha 2

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

The Directors supported him big style this season with what would be some expensive, for League 1, signings but the results and performances haven't followed

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Is this the same Leon Pryce who's been sacked on another thread?

I was just wondering...

Sacked twice,took Friday's Derby defeat badly.

• Haha 2

Sorry didn't see

The Pryce is not right.

• Haha 2

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

From my distant perspective it seems a tough call in a tight league.  I don't sense a big surprise though so perhaps performances have not been good.  I hope Leon Pryce finds another opportunity if he wants to continue coaching. 

1 hour ago, Mr Plow said:

It’s a tight league though

C353607F-411D-4FDF-8993-A9CB3C12B3B2.png

Flipping heck bbc updated league 1 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gutted tbh. Really raised the profile of our club attracting top players like Danny tickle, Fui Fui Moi Moi Sean Penkywkz and Oliver Wilkes. Exited to see what happens in the future for Town. Onwards and upwards. Wonder who will take over 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Nothing to do with story about the post-match at Leeds?

No

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

The Pryce is not right.

Priceless.

• Haha 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

On 23/04/2019 at 20:13, LeeF said:

The Directors supported him big style this season with what would be some expensive, for League 1, signings but the results and performances haven't followed

Before the season kicked off the names to look out for in the promotion race were Oldham, Newcastle and ourselves.

We beat Oldham away and Newcastle at home (and ourselves against Whitehaven).

We're on the same points as Oldham and Newcastle according to the League 1 screen print above.

It wasn't time to hit the panic button just yet. So unless something behind the scenes has happened that we're not party to I think its a bad decision.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Worky said:

Before the season kicked off the names to look out for in the promotion race were Oldham, Newcastle and ourselves.

We beat Oldham away and Newcastle at home (and ourselves against Whitehaven).

We're on the same points as Oldham and Newcastle according to the League 1 screen print above.

It wasn't time to hit the panic button just yet. So unless something behind the scenes has happened that we're not party to I think its a bad decision.

You blew a big lead at Skolars and got outplayed last Friday so yes things weren't working out

I think it was on Rugby AM that they did a special following Pryce and the team for a game - half time talk included etc

I have to say I remember him sounding really amateurish, uninformed and uninspiring. A fantastic half he was but a fantastic coach he ain't 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

36 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Pryceless, surely?

Ooooo! Did I do a pun?

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion.