Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bedfordshire Bronco

What's the funniest ever TV sketch/sitcom moment?

Not a sketch or sitcom, but definitely from a comedy show...

• Haha 2

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

And from the same episode -

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I stumbled upon this one a few weeks ago.

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

31 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Del boy falling through the bar or the chandlier

Seen them far too many times now but they are so well put together.

Edited by gingerjon
  • Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Far too many to have a favourite but this is one of them, i nearly did myself an injury laughing at this...

Stand up Stewart Lee IMO is easily my favourite his ‘controversial’ take down of Top Gear is pretty much perfection

and as for Sit Coms

Fawlty Towers, the Hotel Inspectors and communication problems are pretty much 2 perfect 30minutes of comedy.

Seinfeld bar a few duff episodes is absolutely sublime 

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Like 2

To me, this is the best culmination of any Seinfeld episode:

Meanwhile ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

To me, this is the best culmination of any Seinfeld episode:

Meanwhile ...

I think that Seinfeld monologue was actually mainly improvised aswell? I could be wrong.

5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I think that Seinfeld monologue was actually mainly improvised aswell? I could be wrong.

Just looked it up.

You're half right. It wasn't in the original script and was written by Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld whilst the episode was being recorded. There was no time to rehearse it and what made the show was Jason Alexander's first take run through.

Now I live in Hastings I get to say "the sea is angry today, my friend" all the time. Never gets old. Not for me anyway.

As a young lad in the 70’s when I saw Basil the Rat stick his head out of the biscuit tin I  was in hysterics.

P.S. Film wise, the clip in Bruce Almighty when Steve Carell is trying to read the news.  God - please excuse the pun - that was funny.

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Just looked it up.

You're half right. It wasn't in the original script and was written by Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld whilst the episode was being recorded. There was no time to rehearse it and what made the show was Jason Alexander's first take run through.

Now I live in Hastings I get to say "the sea is angry today, my friend" all the time. Never gets old. Not for me anyway.

Ahh yes, I remember now, still a remarkable first take!

I'm due a rewatch of the whole of Seinfeld, I watched from beginning to end a few years ago when they put it all up on Amazon Prime. I love that it pretty much threw out tradition Sit Com writing, wasn't their mantra "No hugging, no learning" which was optimised when Geroge's wife dies from poisoning from licking the envelopes, the reaction was brilliantly cold.

• Like 1

Don`t know about funniest , but always liked Monty Python sketch when they had Lenin , Marx and Mao as contestants on a quiz show , and then asked them questions on football and the eurovision song contest .

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Seen them far too many times now but they are so well put together.

Comedy gold . And they had to do it first time and were told in no uncertain terms not to laugh . Nicholas Lyndhurst could see the crew out the corner of his eye peeing themselves with laughter but used all his willpower to stop himself before they cut 

Talking of Harry Enfield , two football related sketches . The Charles Charlie Charles sketch had me holding my ribs with laughter , and this one I found lately I hadn’t seen before 

Edited by DavidM
  • Haha 1

Harry Enfield as Joey the American actor who wants to change the script.

• Haha 1

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

12 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Too many to choose from:

Alan Partridge on the Day Today reviewing the goals from World Cup ‘94

Or

Monty Python’s Germany vs Greece philosophy match

Eat my goooooaaaallll

3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Love Seinfeld....only 4 more days left of it on Amazon Prime!

THis one for me

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.