Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Watch Rugby League Back Chat online now (25 Apr edition)

back-chat-7-2019-660.jpg

It’s the season for egg hunts as well as a bigger hunt for points as the Easter period throws up a collection of fantastic and bewildering results.

Is the game being taken over by cheats or showmen?

50% of Super League coaches are British, is the tide turning for home grown talent?

Host Matt Shaw steers the conversation with League Express editor Martyn Sadler, Featherstone CEO Davide Longo and Newcastle Thunder CEO Mick Hogan.

All this and more on Rugby League Back Chat this Thursday 25th April at 5pm on Freesports TV.

Check the Freesports website for full schedule and details on how to receive the channel.

Back Chat will also be available on YouTube and via TotalRL.com from 9.30am each Saturday following its original TV broadcast.

• Like 1

Come on Mick Hogan!!! If ever someone should get the OBE for services to rugby league, its our Mick.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2019 at 21:20, fighting irish said:

Come on Mick Hogan!!! If ever someone should get the OBE for services to rugby league, its our Mick.

Has he not spent too long away from the sport? By that,I mean he has given a lot to the other code,as well.

Watching the programme it is hard to believe that I agreed with every word he said.He is originally from Leigh,after all!

** Edit ** - Just noticed the Falcons lost at home,last night,and are almost certain to be relegated.

Edited by Angelic Cynic

Born - didn't ask. Dying - didn't argue                                 

Well, I've lost touch with him but he's been involved for donkeys years. He was the original North East Development Officer, employed by the RFL and helped get the game going in Gateshead. He has always been committed to the growth of Rugby League from the ground up, embedding the game in the local community. After a lifetimes work, they are starting to show some really good signs up there. He's not a ''something for nothing'' sort of bloke. He's looking to build a solid, self sustaining, rugby league culture in a great city. I'm just cheering him on, because I'm convinced he's winning.

• Like 1

On 27/04/2019 at 09:59, John Drake said:

Now available to watch online.

Good show this one John Top notch stuff!

James Messenger would be good guest. If he can be kept neutral?

"Obviously, you're never going to be as passionate about it as you are about Rugby League."  Jason Nightingale         "Is there a better sport on the planet than Rugby League?" Greg Alexander             

On 27/04/2019 at 10:11, John Drake said:

New setting this week too! Can anyone tell where it is?

Featherstone I would guess from the mural