Toulouse v York

Sunday -

Toronto v Swinton

Widnes v Dewsbury

Sheffield v Halifax

Bradford v Rochdale

Batley v Leigh

Barrow v Featherstone

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• John Drake changed the title to 27-28 Apr: Betfred Championship Match Thread
  • John Drake pinned this topic

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday -

Toulouse 29 v York 28

Sunday -

Toronto  58 v Swinton 10

Widnes 38 v Dewsbury 8

Sheffield 36 v Halifax 14

Bradford 32  v Rochdale 16

Batley 10 v Leigh 34

Barrow 14 v Featherstone 26

22 hours ago, silverback said:

think were good for more than 10 to be fair. UP THE DOGGIES.:kolobok_preved:

Be very surprised if we get the result at the 'Mount ' , unfortunately to busy to make the trip tomorrow , hope it's a good game 

3 minutes ago, wackojacko said:

York leading TO 16-12 at half time... little bit of an upset on the cards.

Currently Toulouse 18:16 York - a close one!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 26/04/2019 at 20:45, oiseau said:

Saturday -

Toulouse 29 v York 28

Sunday -

Toronto  58 v Swinton 10

Widnes 38 v Dewsbury 8

Sheffield 36 v Halifax 14

Bradford 32  v Rochdale 16

Batley 10 v Leigh 34

Barrow 14 v Featherstone 26

You were real close on your TO York prediction.

I was surprised 

I listened in to the commentary on BBC radio and Toulouse sounded lethargic. Either they were tired after the Easter programme or they struggle against teams around them in the league table. Sounds like Anthony Marion got them out of jail and made the difference. I really rate this guy. 

York are a good side and this could have gone either way Toulouse weren't at their best giving away cheap possession with careless handling so maybe they made York look a bit better than they were ? Saying that, James Ford is a top coach and always seems to get the best out of his players.

Good game for the neutral tho' and the ref, young Marcus Griffiths looks very competant.

14 hours ago, oiseau said:

York are a good side and this could have gone either way Toulouse weren't at their best giving away cheap possession with careless handling so maybe they made York look a bit better than they were ? Saying that, James Ford is a top coach and always seems to get the best out of his players.

Good game for the neutral tho' and the ref, young Marcus Griffiths looks very competant.

If that’s competent I don’t wanna see a bad one. Winning try came from a blatant knock on 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Sheffield v Halifax is live streamed on OurLeague this afternoon.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 hours ago, oiseau said:

You weren't far off with your prediction! Haven't seen them put so many balls down - even from their better players Ader, Robin and Kheirallah. TO score lots of points and tries from long distance as Kheirallah did yesterday. 

Peter looked out for you in press box at HT but not there.?

Bumped into Gav Wilson of this parish on the way to the ground. Pleasant experience talking-up the game past and present with him and entourage. I presume all enjoyed the weekend.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

17 minutes ago, audois said:

You weren't far off with your prediction! Haven't seen them put so many balls down - even from their better players Ader, Robin and Kheirallah. TO score lots of points and tries from long distance as Kheirallah did yesterday. 

Peter looked out for you in press box at HT but not there.?

Bumped into Gav Wilson of this parish on the way to the ground. Pleasant experience talking-up the game past and present with him and entourage. I presume all enjoyed the weekend.

Blimey, I popped out at HT Gordon. Gav was just in front of us close to the rails and he seemed to be having a good time.

Loads of errors from Toulouse and even at the end Marcon nearly threw it away ! Houles was satisfied his team managed the win despite the errors.

Ilias Bergal missed the game with a tummy upset and a high temperature but Stan Robin played despite the same problem. Kheirallah injured an abductor (or adductor ) against  Fax so didn't do the kicking but Anthony Mrion showed what an all round player he is by kicking competantly. Note that Tony Maurel kicked when Marion was replaced.

Players who were close enough said Brining knocked on when he grounded for the try. Maybe that's some payback for the Greg White try that wasn't a couple of years back at The Shay ?

3 hours ago, DEANO said:

If that’s competent I don’t wanna see a bad one. Winning try came from a blatant knock on 

The Brining try was knocked on too apparently.

Widnes missing most of the first team against Dewsbury & largely fielding last year's academy squad. Liam Finn running the show for Dewsbury and after 30 minutes, it looked like a big win for the away side on the cards, but somehow the Rams switched off in the last couple of minutes of the half and Widnes go in 18-14 up at half-time, all the points from Jack Owens on the left wing. Rather against the run of play, it must be said.

Final score Widnes 24 Dewsbury 25. Closer than expected when I saw the teams at the start and I'd say the result flatters Widnes somewhat -  4 missed conversions from Finn, who was definitely the stand-out player for me.

Sheffield v Fax as usual a close game that either side could of won. Having Murrell back made a massive difference and Butler as well. Murrell with his kicks and game Management probably won Fax the game. 

Is the RFL livestream always so based to the home side? Should be far more neutral than today.

Archived