Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

As nice as ISC’s stuff is I think it defeats the object of having a sole kit supplier, it would need to be a big brand who would buy into it with their own marketing for it to be worth it IMO

If you get Nike, Adidas etc, you're going to end up with template kits (think Aussie Super League)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deluded pom? said:

Has it ever been known as the Premiership?

It’s never been called the Premiership as far as I know? I’m no football fan though so may be wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

From 1993-2007. 

Turns out you’re right, I was right about my lack of Football knowledge!

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/united-kingdom/articles/the-evolution-of-the-premier-league-logo/

 

What is interesting looking at that is that the new branding has done away with using the sponsors name in it (a good move IMO)

Does the Premier League have a main sponsor these days?

 

Edited by Chrispmartha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Turns out you’re right, I was right about my lack of Football knowledge!

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/united-kingdom/articles/the-evolution-of-the-premier-league-logo/

 

What is interesting looking at that is that the new branding has done away with using the sponsors name in it (a good move IMO)

Does the Premier League have a main sponsor these days?

 

No, they made the decision to go for a ‘clean brand’ like American sports do ie NFL, NBA, MLS ect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Plow said:

No, they made the decision to go for a ‘clean brand’ like American sports do ie NFL, NBA, MLS ect

Which is the best route IMO 

Edited by Chrispmartha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Plow said:

No, they made the decision to go for a ‘clean brand’ like American sports do ie NFL, NBA, MLS ect

That’s right but they have a fleet of partners, ie sponsors, who help spread the brand through their products. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nike and Adi won't be interested. SL has very little commercial value, so won't represent a good investment for either of those two.

Whoever they approach, if it is one of the bigger global brands (and it really needs to be), and not someone like ISC, they need to sell them an adventure. The chance to do something they've nEver done before i.e. Provide playing kit, team wear and replica for all teams in a sports league. Which is quite something.

Puma would be a good option. A global brand who have history within the game, albeit through their UK licence partner Genesis, and who also have a small involvement in the Australian game. SL isn't big enough to Interest Puma globally, but it could take an interest via Genesis again.

the other brand I would approach is Umbro. Another with History in the game and a brand who punch well above their weight. No longer part of Nike, so a brand that could be interested in growing its reach.

As much as I like ISC, and I truly believe they do some excellent product, signing such a deal with them or someone if a similar ilk doesn't tick the right boxes.

Edited by EastLondonMike
  • Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I really, really hope big money has been spent on a big reveal. Image is everything and renting out a conference room of a hotel just stinks of small time. Get prime time coverage on Sky Sports News, get big names talking about, etc. 

The World Cup venue announcement was really well done - something like that would be cool

It probably would be on SSN rather than the Beeb, but that would be fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Nike and Adi won't be interested. SL has very little commercial value, so won't represent a good investment for either of those two.

Whoever they approach, if it is one of the bigger global brands (and it really needs to be), and not someone like ISC they need to sell them an adventure. The chance to do something they've. Ever done before i.e. Provide playing kit, team wear and replica for all teams in a sports league.

Puma would be a good option. A global brand who have history within the game, albeit through their UK licence partner Genesis, and who also have a small involvement in the Australian game. SL isn't big enough to Interest Puma globally, but it could take an interest via Genesis again.

the other brand I would approach is Umbro. Another with History in the game and a brand who punch well above their weight. No longer part of Nike, so a brand that could be interested in growing its reach.

As much as I like ISC, and I truly believe they do some excellent product, signing such a deal with them or someone if a similar ilk doesn't tick the right boxes.

Nike have sponsored Wigan and I'm fairly certain they were the manufacturer that was mentioned when there was talk of this at the start of Super League, which sadly didn't happen due to clubs already being in deals and individual self interest, from memory.

Maybe the big brands will be a lot more interested in investing in a Super League spanning 3 countries and major cities like Toronto and Toulouse. Dare I say it  they'd be even more interested in a competition spanning 4 countries and having a New York presence.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Damien said:

Nike have sponsored Wigan and I'm fairly certain they were the manufacturer that was mentioned when there was talk of this at the start of Super League, which sadly didn't happen due to clubs already being in deals and individual self interest, from memory.

Maybe the big brands will be a lot more interested in investing in a Super League spanning 3 countries and major cities like Toronto and Toulouse. Dare I say it  they'd be even more interested in a competition spanning 4 countries and having a New York presence.

In all honesty they won't. Our commercial footprint is too small.

IF we had New York, Toronto, Toulouse et al pulling in 20k fans on the Reg, as well as 10 or so other teams doing likewise, plus a strategy based on similar growth in other European nations at national and international level, then maybe.

The Nike that produced kits for Wigan back in the day (which was Nike UK) are very different to the global behemoth that Nike is today, with very different priorities.

Of course it's possible, though I'd be amazed if it were Nike or Adi.

Edited by EastLondonMike

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

In all honesty they won't. Our commercial footprint is too small.

IF we had New York, Toronto, Toulouse et al pulling in 20k fans on the Reg, as well as 10 or so other teams doing likewise, plus a strategy based on similar growth in other European nations at national and international level, then maybe.

The Nike that produced kits for Wigan back in the day (which was Nike UK) are very different to the global behemoth that Nike is today, with very different priorities.

Of course it's possible, though I'd be amazed if it were Nike or Adi.

There’s no way we would get Nike or Addidas to sign up for up for anything.

Kappa, Puma, Umbro, Asics, Under Armour, maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I look forward to the unveiling of the new revamped SL,      on Wednesday,     in Leigh. Makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Nomad is an excellent agency so I’m glad they’re aiming high (as much as I’d have liked to have a crack at it ) 😉

 

Although I suspect the work they produce for SL will ruffle a few feathers as there’s a fair few Rugby League fans who don’t like change 🙂 

Yes.

"Rebranding" as I understand it covers more than just coming up with a logo.  BMW spent a lot of money just recently to recreate a fresh look for the MINI logo which you would struggle to see what the difference was.  But they went much deeper into developing its brand than that.   So if it's something that BMW take so seriously then let's hope the SL do as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real question is, "Did Elstone consult, or even speak to, David Argyle about this rebranding?"

There it is for ya...what he is coming out with better be good...all that he would have had to have done is ask.

LETS SEE WHAT HES GOT.

He got game?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Yes.

"Rebranding" as I understand it covers more than just coming up with a logo.  BMW spent a lot of money just recently to recreate a fresh look for the MINI logo which you would struggle to see what the difference was.  But they went much deeper into developing its brand than that.   So if it's something that BMW take so seriously then let's hope the SL do as well.

It’s  one thing that annoys me greatly when reports of how much a rebrand costs when people say ‘how much for a logo’ it is so much more than that.

Don’t get me started on clients that say we can get a logo online for £5 why would we pay you to do our branding... I digress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...