38 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

We could be here some time ?

Mmmm. .. maybe so with 17k islands to choose from. 

I currently reside in the mountains of South Sulawesi. Brexiters would like it. Not many forrins. In fact, I think there's only me left in this district of 220k people.  

1 minute ago, Wholly Trinity said:

Mmmm. .. maybe so with 17k islands to choose from. 

I currently reside in the mountains of South Sulawesi. Brexiters would like it. Not many forrins. In fact, I think there's only me left in this district of 220k people.  

Big enough for  ' Big Picture ' World RL franchise then ?

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Big enough for  ' Big Picture ' World RL franchise then ?

Tbf I don't know why the NRL don't promote the sport here. I'm sure they'd like it, at least as a spectator sport.

4th biggest population in the world, next door to Australia and adjoining the only country where it's the national sport. 

11 minutes ago, Wholly Trinity said:

Looks nice

South_Sulawesi-Indonesia-Mountains.jpg

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Looks nice

South_Sulawesi-Indonesia-Mountains.jpg

Put a couple of stands up and the pitch is roughly as flat as Batley.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 hours ago, Wholly Trinity said:

The famous "Lady" mountain. 

PS How did you end up there? And to keep it on topic, was it a sacrifice? 

Edit. Just realised my question looks dodgy with that quote. I meant "in the middle of nowhere" 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Edit. Just realised my question looks dodgy with that quote. I meant "in the middle of nowhere" 

His name's Lucan

12 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Nice segue!

Yes, it brings it back around to the subject of why I ended seemingly making such a sacrifice/compromise.

Long story shortish...

Came to a city on the coast near hear as a VSO volunteer in Feb 2000. It's relentlessly humid down there, so I used to come up the mountains for a break at weekends to visit other volunteers, where I met my wife. End of contract 2002 we went back to the UK where I got a job & a mortgage etc. My wife was trying hard to settle but struggled to get a decent job as her qualifications were not recognised. Also she had kids from her first marriage still over here. I was also back in the rat race, stressed & tired, life was not much fun. So, in 2005 I packed in my job and we came back here. At first I couldn't work, so I used to go to the UK & work for a month or so, to earn enough money for 2 flights and money to live off for 12 months. The 2008 credit crunch meant that since then the economy here has caught up to the west significantly over the years. A change in working conditions in the UK brought about by the change in government in 2010 meant that I was having to work 3 or 4 months to raise the cash, it was getting unsustainable. End of  2013 was time for another decision. Visa laws had changed, so I was now allowed to work here. The economy had caught up so much that it was now possible to earn enough in a year to pay for 2 return flights to the UK. So, since 2013 we've been here for all but a short 2/3 weeks annual holiday in the UK to visit friends and family. Got a fairly permanent job in January 2015, supplemented by keeping pigs, selling coffee and some English/maths tuition. My wife also has a better job than me, so now we are where we are. 

Bottom line: sacrifices/compromises/decisions always have to be made. You just have to decide which is the best/least worse way forward and then make the best of those choices. "Always look for gold" (c) Georgie Shepherd 1984.

Archived