Total Rugby League Fans Forum

Other thing about Olstrum is his utility value in a skeletal squad , and utility value at a good quality wherever . Chuffed for Fieldhouse . Fingers crossed he’s there and holds up from here , snuffed out before we really got going but got to re-emphasise how influential a signing he was and how outstanding a player he is 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, town2018 said:

He’s in the squad isn’t he so obviously he’s ment to be going 

So why isn't he ģoing if you know he isn't for sure?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

17 minutes ago, town2018 said:

He’s in the squad isn’t he so obviously he’s ment to be going 

Enlighten us all on why he isn't going and how you know that?

• Like 1

I think this has to be cleared up once and for all. Is Karl still able to play for us?  Has he been charged with any offence by the authorities?  If there is still a cloud hanging over him that prevents him being selected then it needs to be confirmed or denied so that we know whether he will figure in our plans going forward. 

• Like 1

Just getting back off holiday and trying to catch up with all that has gone on.

We appear to have a excellent new coach and great news to have fieldhouse and Olstrum back in the mix but every time we seem to get someone back from injury another player goes out.What has happened to Mellor ?

Show the grit and determination that we did at Hunslet and hopefully Thorman has had a week to put a few of his ideas across and I would expect us to get the win which should help build the belief back in this small squad of players that they are good enough to win this league.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Just getting back off holiday and trying to catch up with all that has gone on.

We appear to have a excellent new coach and great news to have fieldhouse and Olstrum back in the mix but every time we seem to get someone back from injury another player goes out.What has happened to Mellor ?

Show the grit and determination that we did at Hunslet and hopefully Thorman has had a week to put a few of his ideas across and I would expect us to get the win which should help build the belief back in this small squad of players that they are good enough to win this league.

Tyllar Mellor picked up a hamstring injury against Whitehaven but was in attendance against Hunslet supporting the boys and is working hard on a daily basis with excellent support from our DR partners Huddersfield Giants. 

Edited by WTRLFC WEBSITE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good luck today’s boys, let’s hope we carry on from last week and play with the same intensity and commitment. 

Looking at Ryan Fieldhouse on Instagram he’s put game day is back so looks like we’ll have what feels like a new signing at fullback. UTT

• Like 1

This isn't a walk in the park like it normally is, Chris was right about the ability of teams like Coventry London and North Wales. On their day they are capable of eating anyone in this league as we have seen. This is a must win today to get our season back on track I would have been confident with a full squad but the situation we are in was on the cards from the start of the season we all seen it coming. I know we have had our usual dose of bad luck but there was no excuse for the glaring inbalance in this squad, is there any other teams in our league who have failed to put out a full squad? I think this was the main  reason Leon was dismissed its a totally unacceptable situation for us to be in its just a shame we now have a cracking first class coach who hasn't got a full set of tools to work with. If we show the same guts and application that we showed last week then I'm confident the lads can come away with the win we desperately need.  UTT 

• Like 1

Big thank you to Paul Mcgee at the Hungry Caterpillar for our matchday healthy food, Chris Thorman popped in yesterday to chat about nutrition and rugby in general. 

#ourtown 

IMG_20190510_114106.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

Tyllar Mellor picked up a hamstring injury against Whitehaven but was in attendance against Hunslet supporting the boys and is working hard on a daily basis with excellent support from our DR partners Huddersfield Giants. 

Thanks for the update

3 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

This isn't a walk in the park like it normally is, Chris was right about the ability of teams like Coventry London and North Wales. On their day they are capable of eating anyone in this league as we have seen. This is a must win today to get our season back on track I would have been confident with a full squad but the situation we are in was on the cards from the start of the season we all seen it coming. I know we have had our usual dose of bad luck but there was no excuse for the glaring inbalance in this squad, is there any other teams in our league who have failed to put out a full squad? I think this was the main  reason Leon was dismissed its a totally unacceptable situation for us to be in its just a shame we now have a cracking first class coach who hasn't got a full set of tools to work with. If we show the same guts and application that we showed last week then I'm confident the lads can come away with the win we desperately need.  UTT 

This is very true and apart from west wales there are no easy wins in the league this season.

I remember posting a while back thank God we were playing Siddal as that day we were due to play Coventry away and we could not fill the bench with only 3 Interchanges and one of those was Tom Curwen who was never going to go on anyhow.

Edited by Cumberland Sausage
spelling mistakes