Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bearintown

Hunslet at home

Just wanted the win tbh , no matter how it came . We had to stop the rot in the league and get a platform to move on . We did it and that’s everything . Everyone put a shift in and ground it out , with a willingness to defend and work hard .  We just needed the points . I did like Chris’s interview , especially how he’s into Huddersfield about what’s going on with them 

41 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Gone back to giants I heard marra. 

Y

Very envious of those who got to see the win however scrappy.  Jumped into the motor at half past one and the b#stard battery was as flat as a fluke. Legged it down to Carlisle rail station for the two p m train which would have got me to Workington for about two fifty. Gutted the service was cancelled and only a replacement bus service available with no guaranteed time of arrival😰  So,glad of the victory but will have to rely on the judgement of others as to whether we are back on track. 

1 hour ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Very envious of those who got to see the win however scrappy.  Jumped into the motor at half past one and the b#stard battery was as flat as a fluke. Legged it down to Carlisle rail station for the two p m train which would have got me to Workington for about two fifty. Gutted the service was cancelled and only a replacement bus service available with no guaranteed time of arrival😰  So,glad of the victory but will have to rely on the judgement of others as to whether we are back on track. 

Well if you like sheer hard graft and endeavour SS this was the game for you. 

Attack was clunky but even so, 2 smart plays won us the game, pleased for the club. 

Defence wins games, if we concede 1 or 2 tries a game we will do enough to win most games with ball in hand. 

The back line is cobbled together through circumstances, id like to see how it develops through good coaching but Lancaster anf Bolton both look like there up for the hard side of the game and that's the best way of making yourself a regular. 

Defence wins games, i think we'd forgot that for a while. 

Edited by BlueVintheblood
  • Thanks 1

We are 6th with a point difference of 0, Skolars are joint top with a point difference of -19, shows how tight this league is going to be, with everyone taking points off each other.

Unfortunately i think top 2 is already out of reach so have to be aiming for 3rd place now and anything else will be a bonus

I think a few of you are dumbing todays win down a bit, you might not win every game by scoring a hatful but you can lose every game by conceding a hatful, and today was all about rolling their sleeves up and getting the 2 points. The defensive effort was outstanding and it was great to see the lads putting it all in to keep them out as Hunslet were no mugs at all.  It will be a big confidence boost after the last few weeks and just shows what can be achieved on the training field in a week when all the players are there for a change.  Also after a few shaky performances I thought Walsh was very good today, and also Bolton looked very promising after his first stint in the blue & white

Without getting carried away Chris did a speech in the lounge before the game and he really does come across well, in the space of 2 mins he had everyone in the room on the hook. He talked about that rugby league has paid his mortgage since he was 16 but he realises that lads here are part time and work shifts, also that the majority of people behind the scenes are putting their time in for free, and he understood where the club is at. He also spoke about how he has changed training including using video analysis ( and even videos training to make sure everyone is pulling their weight!) I know when a new coach comes in with new ideas everyone gets a bit giddy about new dawns and all that, but if the players buy into it like we all did we will be more than ok come the end of the season as he is a very genuine bloke who certainly seems to know his stuff and what he wants from his players. It all feels positive again after a tough couple of weeks. UTT!!

Edited by The Voodooguru
  • Like 3

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, BlueVintheblood said:

Well if you like sheer hard graft and endeavour SS this was the game for you. 

Attack was clunky but even so, 2 smart plays won us the game, pleased for the club. 

Defence wins games, if we concede 1 or 2 tries a game we will do enough to win most games with ball in hand. 

The back line is cobbled together through circumstances, id like to see how it develops through good coaching but Lancaster anf Bolton both look like there up for the hard side of the game and that's the best way of making yourself a regular. 

Defence wins games, i think we'd forgot that for a while. 

Thanks for the heads-up. Sounds like the new lads are promising and we seemingly tightened up a lot in defence. Gutted not to have made it down today and it will be a long wait for the next home game. Thorman seems to be steadying the ship so hopefully onwards and upwards.   

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

I think a few of you are dumbing todays win down a bit, you might not win every game by scoring a hatful but you can lose every game by conceding a hatful, and today was all about rolling their sleeves up and getting the 2 points. The defensive effort was outstanding and it was great to see the lads putting it all in to keep them out as Hunslet were no mugs at all.  It will be a big confidence boost after the last few weeks and just shows what can be achieved on the training field in a week when all the players are there for a change.  Also after a few shaky performances I thought Walsh was very good today, and also Bolton looked very promising after his first stint in the blue & white

Without getting carried away Chris did a speech in the lounge before the game and he really does come across well, in the space of 2 mins he had everyone in the room on the hook. He talked about that rugby league has paid his mortgage since he was 16 but he realises that lads here are part time and work shifts, also that the majority of people behind the scenes are putting their time in for free, and he understood where the club is at. He also spoke about how he has changed training including using video analysis ( and even videos training to make sure everyone is pulling their weight!) I know when a new coach comes in with new ideas everyone gets a bit giddy about new dawns and all that, but if the players buy into it like we all did we will be more than ok come the end of the season as he is a very genuine bloke who certainly seems to know his stuff and what he wants from his players. It all feels positive again after a tough couple of weeks. UTT!!

I wouldn't  dumb it down. Defensively 100% improvement. One try coneeded  right out on the edge in 80 mins.

Although it wasn't a spectacle 

A bit more  cutting edge we will do well barring injuries. We have to do it on the road too though. UTT

5 hours ago, gillmeister said:

Two things this weekend has confirmed. This league is still wide open and the step up to the championship is now a big leap

Anyone can beat anyone at the moment and desire like we showed today will be a big factor in winning certain games.I thought some of our defence in the first 20 minutes was awful especially in the middle however we did then tighten it up and looked very good,my only concern would be our inability at times to cover the ball to stop the offloads which Hunslet were very good at.

Good to get back to winning way's just a pity our next game up is Leigh away.

Thought the 2 new boy's were excellent and with Tyler Mellor and Perry Singleton to come back we may finally have a bit of competition and cover for places and it will be good to get Caine back into the Pack.

Does anyone know what the crowd was ?

• Like 1

Good to see the Reds directors at the match today, seems like the two clubs are working together unlike our council, hopefully things get sorted out soon and we can all move forward. 

I think town are playing Coventry and Oldham at BP and using BP for training while the pitch work is done.

Edited by rockerlad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlisle1921 said:

We are 6th with a point difference of 0, Skolars are joint top with a point difference of -19, shows how tight this league is going to be, with everyone taking points off each other.

Unfortunately i think top 2 is already out of reach so have to be aiming for 3rd place now and anything else will be a bonus

This team is more than capable of winning every game, i want to see us stay in the mix, get Pez and Mellor back and then last month get Elliot back and charge in....... 

I think faith in the coach and the board will go along way.... 

It's been unsettled theres no doubt but its moving forward as far as im concerned. 

Utt

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

I think town are playing Coventry and Oldham at BP and using BP for training while the pitch work is done.

So is it all still on mate? 

14 minutes ago, town4me said:

I dont know. but I think the reds need to move out of BP regardless. its falling to bits. 

7 hours ago, rockerlad said:

That's correct the pitch work at DP starts today. 

11 hours ago, DavidM said:

Just wanted the win tbh , no matter how it came . We had to stop the rot in the league and get a platform to move on . We did it and that’s everything . Everyone put a shift in and ground it out , with a willingness to defend and work hard .  We just needed the points . I did like Chris’s interview , especially how he’s into Huddersfield about what’s going on with them 

The one thing I found strange about the interview was how he thought tickle was mom because he stayed on for 80, that doesn't mean he did more work than stevie just he had more minutes! Tickle had a good game I know but still..

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

49 minutes ago, anok4u said:

The one thing I found strange about the interview was how he thought tickle was mom because he stayed on for 80, that doesn't mean he did more work than stevie just he had more minutes! Tickle had a good game I know but still..

Stevie was outstanding as usual but Danny also but in a big shift. Two standouts in the  pack for me, not sure of the count but Tickle made a hell of a lot of tackles and also took plenty of ball in.

Andy Dawson and Fui also had very solid games,  and Tom looked strong when he came on, we just need to learn how to wrap a ball up in the tackle.

Maybe carrying a knock but Hopkins looked of the pace a bit!

Tickle was also the on field organiser and was calling all the shots, hard to call a MOM but can't argue with Stevie at all.

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, Onreport said:

Stevie was outstanding as usual but Danny also but in a big shift. Two standouts in the  pack for me, not sure of the count but Tickle made a hell of a lot of tackles and also took plenty of ball in.

Andy Dawson and Fui also had very solid games,  and Tom looked strong when he came on, we just need to learn how to wrap a ball up in the tackle.

Maybe carrying a knock but Hopkins looked of the pace a bit!

Dawson made a real impact when he came on very strong and we've found cover for fullback with fui 😂

• Like 2

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Don't forget Ollie as well, with him Pez & Ell to come back we'll have a lot more strike power. It shows what a great team effort it was when people have different ideas of who was MoM, for me it was Maudling!

Excellent win for the boys and well deserved . Decided  to take more notice how we defended today . Early on  Hunslet were offloading well and unusually it was when Tickle and Hopkins were in the tackle together  , this tightened up as the match went on .Jamie has a habit of coming out of the line to either crash tackle or go for an intercept which led to their only try .Defensively we were 100% better than previously, New lads slotted in very well and really looked promising for the future .Apart from the 2 missed pens thought Carl Forber outstanding , their big lads kept running at him , He kept knocking them down , saved 2 certain tries .Don`t know what other people think but i thought we played more structured with Dec O`Donnell at acting half than Penky . Penky wins games with a bit of the unexpected , but sometimes you need to keep it simple .Tom Curwen came off holding his ribs hope it`s nothing serious , the lad needs a break where injuries are concerned .  Crowd given as 610 in league express . Well done to the officials for missing the most forward passes (from both sides ) in any game of Rugby League i have ever watched . UTT .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

. Well done to the officials for missing the most forward passes (from both sides ) in any game of Rugby League i have ever watched . UTT .

The ref also had a very unusual interpretation of what was 10 metres for both sides as they weren't consitently small or big, nor did he police them for the majority of the afternoon.

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Don't forget Ollie as well, with him Pez & Ell to come back we'll have a lot more strike power. It shows what a great team effort it was when people have different ideas of who was MoM, for me it was Maudling!

Think I would have to agree with you Ron re MOM.

Obviously thought the defence was very much improved yesterday, probably goes without saying...but oh dear Hunslet did manage too many offloads for my poor old ticker..and this almost failed me when the Hunslet winger intercepted on his own 10 yd line with clear space ahead..then, unlike my ticker, he suddenly stopped dead after just 10 yards...thank goodness.....the Huns fans slammed him for that of course.

Must add it's good for a games atmosphere when a lively bunch of away fans shout themselves silly, right in my lughole....... but I like those Hunslet folk, good for the game.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, town4me said:

I was told they start work at 1 p.m. today ripping up the speedway track......all organised to get 'Reds' at DP next season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1