Total Rugby League Fans Forum

Unsurprisingly the two closest teams to Liverpool and the two best teams all year currently topping this. Hull again showing that they always travel in numbers, whilst Leeds and Wigan still seem to be holding up well despite poor seasons so far.

FB_IMG_1557574484968.jpg

• Like 2

I read recently that Wire had sold more than ever, so hopefully the teams underneath are selling more too and it could be a bumper crowd. 

I'm reading a lot more negativity about Anfield being the venue, it will be interesting to see what happens. 

I personally think they had to go big on the fan zone and entertainment but they havent done that, so looks like it's just a fingers crossed for a crowd thing again.

• Like 4

The Catalan numbers could be because it's Liverpool. With its history and cultural heritage (NOT just the Beatles!) they could be using the game to have a holiday break, particularly with the following Thursday being a public holiday in France.

2 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

The Catalan numbers could be because it's Liverpool. With its history and cultural heritage (NOT just the Beatles!) they could be using the game to have a holiday break, particularly with the following Thursday being a public holiday in France.

Or it could be that they have a fanbase that is seemingly 7x that of London's?

Before any flak comes my way, i have no problem with either Catalans or London, i have always found both sets of fans a pleasure to be around.

29 minutes ago, meast said:

Or it could be that they have a fanbase that is seemingly 7x that of London's?

Before any flak comes my way, i have no problem with either Catalans or London, i have always found both sets of fans a pleasure to be around.

Yup. I think Catalans have always embraced Magic too, surely it is more attractive for them to come over for something like this in an event city rather than come for a Thursday night in Wigan with no atmosphere.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Kudos to Hull for making 3rd with that travel distance, and what must be an early start and late finish.   Warrington, Wigan and Saints don’t have far to travel so you’d expect them to be up there in advanced sales.  

Shame the magic weekend fixtures can’t be decided by adjacent league positions the week before I.e. Saints v Warrington and so forth 😊 controversial but guarantees a closer contest in most games! 

It seems very low key for us this year, I’ve not talked to many who’s going don’t even think there’s any of the usual pub trips making one in.  We’re due a hammering and if we don’t get at least some of the injured players  back by then Catalans will probably give us that hammering. The London trip next week seems more appealing to many , shame really as the magic weekend is a good concept.  

9 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Kudos to Hull for making 3rd with that travel distance, and what must be an early start and late finish.   Warrington, Wigan and Saints don’t have far to travel so you’d expect them to be up there in advanced sales.  

Shame the magic weekend fixtures can’t be decided by adjacent league positions the week before I.e. Saints v Warrington and so forth 😊 controversial but guarantees a closer contest in most games! 

It would almost certainly effect sales if fixtures weren’t confirmed till a week before, as people would have no idea about scheduling so those that only wanted to do one day of the two, would likely be put off. 

The French, I believe, get to a particular round in the season and the table at the end of that round of fixtures decides the fixtures for their Magic round. I’m not too sure that would work either, in all honesty. 

10 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Kudos to Hull for making 3rd with that travel distance, and what must be an early start and late finish.  

Indeed, we're setting off early on Saturday and returning late on the Monday.

One of our group is doing the Liverpool touristy thing so is staying a few days longer than us. For that reason he's driving us all there but we're having to get the train back. I just got in on the cheapish single train tickets in time. We had a poll as to which Monday train to get, an early one mid morning for £25 or the 4pm one for £18, the latter obviously giving us the opportunity to top up our beer levels in Liverpool's finest bars again.

No prizes for guessing what the landslide vote was.

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

One of our group is doing the Liverpool touristy thing so is staying a few days longer than us. For that reason he's driving us all there but we're having to get the train back. I just got in on the cheapish single train tickets in time. We had a poll as to which Monday train to get, an early one mid morning for £25 or the 4pm one for £18, the latter obviously giving us the opportunity to top up our beer levels in Liverpool's finest bars again.

Sorry, you’re going to have to tell me. 🤔

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

15 minutes ago, RayCee said:

Sorry, you’re going to have to tell me. 🤔

Image result for sleeping on a train

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Image result for sleeping on a train

Got it. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

41 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

We're just doing the Saturday, leaving hull at 8:30am 

• Like 1

We have Barcelona the week before, and are playing Wire for the 20th time in the last 2 years. It would be a stretch to say that it is a magical prospect...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/05/2019 at 12:37, Tommygilf said:

Unsurprisingly the two closest teams to Liverpool and the two best teams all year currently topping this. Hull again showing that they always travel in numbers, whilst Leeds and Wigan still seem to be holding up well despite poor seasons so far.

FB_IMG_1557574484968.jpg

There is a few of us Broncos going together but think we might be outnumbered 😀

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

We have Barcelona the week before, and are playing Wire for the 20th time in the last 2 years. It would be a stretch to say that it is a magical prospect...

You ain't got far to go for this one though surely 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

You ain't got for to for this one though surely 

I have a long way to go, but a lot of Wiganers won’t have far to go. I am sure many will turn up, as they always do, but mostly out of loyalty rather than any sense of awe to be playing Wire again, down the road. 

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I have a long way to go, but a lot of Wiganers won’t have far to go. I am sure many will turn up, as they always do, but mostly out of loyalty rather than any sense of awe to be playing Wire again, down the road. 

I see...exiled in Guildford or Woking....yep plenty far to get there for you. Do you go to any Broncos/Skolars games?

I don't know about the rest of the Wakey fans but our group are going down for our 2nd London away weekend game instead.  There has definitely been a general lack of interest in Anfield around our club though.  Shame as we've had good turn outs at Newcastle.

Lets hope Magic Weekend gets back to more user friendly venue asap.

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

In what way is Anfield not user friendly? 50  odd thousand manage once a fortnight.