Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fevnut

Alan Watts

Alan Watts played for Featherstone Rovers from March to August 1967. Other posts reveal that he also played for Batley. Does anyone know when he was there? Would be very grateful for that information

Well clearly Brev n Johnny haven't retired!! Is this Brev's 7th season, and of course JC had 2 years out. Alan Watts was a superb stalwart though, played all over and despite his lack of stature never took a backward step.

1 minute ago, phildog said:

Well clearly Brev n Johnny haven't retired!! Is this Brev's 7th season, and of course JC had 2 years out. Alan Watts was a superb stalwart though, played all over and despite his lack of stature never took a backward step.

A very fine defender if my memory serves me right.

He still attends at the Mount every home game.

And he stays there during the match and afterwards, nice guy to talk to, sure I played against him in our amateur days.

4 hours ago, fevnut said:

Alan Watts played for Featherstone Rovers from March to August 1967. Other posts reveal that he also played for Batley. Does anyone know when he was there? Would be very grateful for that information

He was playing second row for Batley when I started supporting them in the 1981-2 season.

As noted above, good in defence. I recall five consecutive tackles he made in a set, to great roars of approval from the old Long Stand.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

18 minutes ago, distantdog said:

A very fine defender if my memory serves me right.

Classic tackling around the legs and he felled the biggest players with seemingly little effort.  Superb technique.

Sorry, I cannot help with dates Fev nut

Edited by Bi11

I may be wrong here,it will be unusual if I am like 😃but didn’t Alan Watts and John Fox have a joint benefit season at Batley many years ago? I remember them both playing for Overthorpe Rangers when I was a young lad living up Thornhill.