John Drake

18 May: SL: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC KO 3pm

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull FC

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/05/19 at 14:00

Since Hull are impossible to predict I have employed a random number generator to make my prediction for me (range of 0-80).

Warrington 45 - 30 Hull

Probably better than Garry Schofield tbf.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Is Phil Coupland fit?

I didn't think he ever was when he was playing so I doubt he will be now.

Not sure whether I'll be travelling across for this one or not, outside Les Cats and Rervers, this might be the first one I miss. I have a feeling Radford and co will have targetted it as a loss with the Cup on the horizon. Really hope not as with a decent side out we have a chance.

But I doubt it.

• Like 1

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Warrington have the firepower and the defence, but Hull FC have been coming into some good form lately. Definitely one to watch.

Also there is a Plan B - Wolfie has been training hard on the Penalties. Have a look at some of his latest videos on social media 🐺👍

IMG_9101.JPG

Jamie Shaul back, I hear.

I doubt it will make too much difference, sadly.

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

For those of you not sure, OF is the Private Fraser of Hull Fans - "we're doomed I tell ye, doomed" 😂

Hull to start hitting the straps as we get nearer to the business end of the season.

Expect Wire to take us too lightly and expect Blake Austin to try and do another number on Hull, but he won't get the same respect this time around as Brian Hancock won't give him the room.

Hull to scrape in by a late Sneyd drop goal 28 v 29

• Haha 1

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

1 minute ago, Roy Boy said:

For those of you not sure, OF is the Private Fraser of Hull Fans - "we're doomed I tell ye, doomed" 😂

Hull to start hitting the straps as we get nearer to the business end of the season.

Expect Wire to take us too lightly and expect Blake Austin to try and do another number on Hull, but he won't get the same respect this time around as Brian Hancock won't give him the room.

Hull to scrape in by a late Sneyd drop goal 28 v 29

Hancocks back?  Now we’re in business.

Can you name all these?  

IMG_0331.JPG

3 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Hancocks back?  Now we’re in business.

Can you name all these?  

IMG_0331.JPG

Howard Firth's shorts look well starched!

• Haha 1

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

9 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Jamie Shaul back, I hear.

I doubt it will make too much difference, sadly.

Not so sure.  

We could’ve done with this guy nonetheless.

IMG_0338.JPG

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Roy Boy said:

Howard Firth's shorts look well starched!

Mick Harrison don't half look different without a tache!

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

2 hours ago, Roy Boy said:

Mick Harrison don't half look different without a tache!

Doesn’t look right does he.  

Relation of mine 2nd from right, back row.  Played about 2 seasons from memory.  I used to go and kick a ball about watching him and BH training for Beverley RU in Hodgson playing fields.  (I can hear all the violins playing now).

3 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Doesn’t look right does he.  

Relation of mine 2nd from right, back row.  Played about 2 seasons from memory.  I used to go and kick a ball about watching him and BH training for Beverley RU in Hodgson playing fields.  (I can hear all the violins playing now).

Ibbertson?

• Thanks 1

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

Hull FC

The 19-man squad to face Warrington is as follows:

1. Jamie Shaul
2. Bureta Faraimo
4. Josh Griffin
6. Albert Kelly
7. Marc Sneyd
8. Scott Taylor
9. Danny Houghton
11. Dean Hadley
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Joe Westerman

14. Jake Connor
15. Chris Green
16. Jordan Thompson
19. Masi Matongo
20. Brad Fash
21. Sika Manu
23. Mickey Paea
30. Danny Washbrook
33. Ratu Naulago

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

6 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Not so sure.  

IMG_0338.JPG

Sean Bean?   Wouldn’t last five minutes.

6 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Not so sure.  

IMG_0338.JPG

Classic photo, I'd still have Mick Harrison over any of our props in the last 50 years, the man would wreak havoc in SL

I voted us to win but in all honesty I can't see past a Warrington win, which Hull team comes out and performs I've no idea, I don't think the coach does either. Shaul back is a plus but really worry for him given the head knocks of which he's had a few in the last 12 months or so and is the reason he's been out for so long AFAIK?

• Like 1

Is Litten still injured, why would you want Washbrook in the 19 if so? If Radford gives his mate another year's contract the young kids must be wondering if Washbrook has got some dirt on his pal as he seems to get another year time and again despite been, shall we say, not up to scratch.

No Ellis, well who is going to lead this team because it isn't Houghton, senior players need to stand up and be counted, if we get embarrassed/tonked the fans will be properly hacked off. 

7 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Shaul back is a plus but really worry for him given the head knocks of which he's had a few in the last 12 months or so and is the reason he's been out for so long AFAIK?

Always a worry when players have had repeat concussions but we seem to have done all the right things and haven't rushed him back. Got to trust the doctors that have given him the all clear, and it won't just be the club doctors either.

I hope for his sake that it's a while before he gets another one though.

As for the game itself. I imagine our 17 will be:

Shaul

Naulago, Connor, Griffin, Faraimo

Kelly, Sneyd

Taylor, Houghton, Paea

Minichiello, Manu

Westerman

Green, Matongo, Fash, Hadley

For all we joke about our unpredictability, that's a pretty strong side that can definitely match Warrington if they all decide to turn up. I can handle defeat if we have a good dig, but another hammering really isn't acceptable. We should be going there with a point to prove.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Is Litten still injured, why would you want Washbrook in the 19 if so? If Radford gives his mate another year's contract the young kids must be wondering if Washbrook has got some dirt on his pal as he seems to get another year time and again despite been, shall we say, not up to scratch.

No Ellis, well who is going to lead this team because it isn't Houghton, senior players need to stand up and be counted, if we get embarrassed/tonked the fans will be properly hacked off. 

Yes I believe that Litten is still injured. He isn't mentioned in the squad announcement article but he didn't play for the reserves last week.

Pretty sure that Washbrook will be there to make up the numbers. I'd be very surprised if he actually plays.

1 hour ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Classic photo, I'd still have Mick Harrison over any of our props in the last 50 years, the man would wreak havoc in SL

I voted us to win but in all honesty I can't see past a Warrington win, which Hull team comes out and performs I've no idea, I don't think the coach does either. Shaul back is a plus but really worry for him given the head knocks of which he's had a few in the last 12 months or so and is the reason he's been out for so long AFAIK?

It’s Charlie Stone.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

It’s Charlie Stone.

Why did you feel the need to tell me, I know who it is? I simply said I'd rather have Mick Harrison over any of our props in my lifetime. Charlie stone was solid enough but had had his best years at fev, same as farrar and Newlove.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Is this game on the Saturday for a reason?

I guess they will know that Hull will travel in good numbers if it's not a Friday night. Football season is over now, so it's a good slot imo.