John Drake

18 May: SL: London Broncos v Wakefield Trinity KO 3pm

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Wakefield Trinity

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/05/19 at 14:00

If Leeds finish bottom will hetherington want an emergency meeting to change the structure again ?ūü§Ē

8 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Nobody turned up. Even the wakey support was a fraction of opening day. 

A lot of competition for the audience today; London Skolars hosting a double header, Summer Bash on in Blackpool, All the Games on the Telly, Wigan v Catalans in Barcelona. And Manchester City taking on Watford over at Wembley. People were truly spoilt for choice on a day like today. 

• Like 1

Yep. And I had to miss the Catalan and Skolars game because people couldn't play one game a bit later and the other event in the Capital on a different day. 

RL doesn't help itself. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, DavidM said:

If Leeds finish bottom will hetherington want an emergency meeting to change the structure again ?ūü§Ē

Looking at the fixtures, both HKR and Leeds have an easier last 5 games of season, but in one of those London have Leeds at home again.  Next week could be an extremely valuable 2 points for the Broncos.

Tense, even with about 14 games to go!

• Like 2

Laaaaahhhhhnnnndon!!!!!!

Laaaaahhhhhnnnndon!!!!!!

Laaaaahhhhhnnnndon!!!!!!

Bring on the northern monkeys at Anfield......got my hotel booked....can't wait now!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Ah well, a win's a win, Wakey couldn't do it even when they were helped by the Curse of the Chronicler. Leeds at Anfield's looking tasty - I thought that Toronto today looked more of a SL side than Leeds last night.

You know what thought did.

Well I certainly did not see that one coming,  for 70 minutes, London gave a passable impersonation of a Super League team in the Jordan Abdull show - Watch the tries whwen the club puts them on the webite  its' worth it - All the things you just had not seen in weeks, off loads , line breaks, Solid defence it was there. I have been Ill all week so by the time the score reacheed 42-6, I was half-thinking  - This medications strong stuff...

As for the London Phantom well you saw good and bad Keiran on display today, Good going forward bad in defence in the last 10 minutes when it was his flank under attack. and lucky when we were only 10-0 up that his inability to deal with the high ball did not result in Wakefield dragging it back to 10-6.

Wakefield fans were sanguine about the result one or two saying London was a bogey ground for Trinity even when the Broncos were a poor side. However the final scoreline flatters Trinity, Injuries or no Injuries, if you have Grand Final pretensions whatever XIII you put on the paddock should not be 42-6 down to the bottom club.

Being 42-6 up posed a bit of a problem for the Broncos who were in the unusual position, for them,  of having builit up a winning lead but seemingly perplexed as to how to approach the last 20 minutes. Fifita barged over for a try for Wakefield then..

From 42-12, London mad 10 minutes started with Wakley getting repeat tries, se after set. I think there was a case of "thanks I have seen enough" on and off the field with London showing an inability to kill the game n the manner other sides have when building up a lead at Trailfinders. We we all guilty of playing out time, for not only was I glancing at the watch every 30 seconds but the bloke next to me was doing the same staring at his right arm where his watch should have been...ūüė≥ Ultimately London had a big enough cushion to win.

Did the late flurry of Wakefield tries take the gloss off the win for me. Well put it this way, I did not think we would win so I will take a win by an 8 point margin and would have taken a one point win secured by a wobbly duck of a drop goal bouncing in off the cross bar.

What it does do is it means Super Leagues Ultimate Underdogs have not only won more games than Widnes did all last season but have given themselves a punchers chance of staying up. I don't think it will be enough at the end of the day, but this team of try hards is not going away quietly and, as a fan, that's all you can ask for.

• Like 11

.  ?

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

Eddie Demsey RMT

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019

4 hours ago, Leonard said:

RL doesn't help itself. 

I totally agree - a lack of "joined up thinking" 

1 hour ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Well I certainly did not see that one coming,  for 70 minutes, London gave a passable impersonation of a Super League team in the Jordan Abdull show - Watch the tries whwen the club puts them on the webite  its' worth it - All the things you just had not seen in weeks, off loads , line breaks, Solid defence it was there. I have been Ill all week so by the time the score reacheed 42-6, I was half-thinking  - This medications strong stuff...

As for the London Phantom well you saw good and bad Keiran on display today, Good going forward bad in defence in the last 10 minutes when it was his flank under attack. and lucky when we were only 10-0 up that his inability to deal with the high ball did not result in Wakefield dragging it back to 10-6.

Wakefield fans were sanguine about the result one or two saying London was a bogey ground for Trinity even when the Broncos were a poor side. However the final scoreline flatters Trinity, Injuries or no Injuries, if you have Grand Final pretensions whatever XIII you put on the paddock should not be 42-6 down to the bottom club.

Being 42-6 up posed a bit of a problem for the Broncos who were in the unusual position, for them,  of having builit up a winning lead but seemingly perplexed as to how to approach the last 20 minutes. Fifita barged over for a try for Wakefield then..

From 42-12, London mad 10 minutes started with Wakley getting repeat tries, se after set. I think there was a case of "thanks I have seen enough" on and off the field with London showing an inability to kill the game n the manner other sides have when building up a lead at Trailfinders. We we all guilty of playing out time, for not only was I glancing at the watch every 30 seconds but the bloke next to me was doing the same staring at his right arm where his watch should have been...ūüė≥ Ultimately London had a big enough cushion to win.

Did the late flurry of Wakefield tries take the gloss off the win for me. Well put it this way, I did not think we would win so I will take a win by an 8 point margin and would have taken a one point win secured by a wobbly duck of a drop goal bouncing in off the cross bar.

What it does do is it means Super Leagues Ultimate Underdogs have not only won more games than Widnes did all last season but have given themselves a punchers chance of staying up. I don't think it will be enough at the end of the day, but this team of try hards is not going away quietly and, as a fan, that's all you can ask for.

Great post, good luck to you m.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?ÔĽŅ

Sound is made by the moving of air, a falling tree will move a lot of air, so yes it will make a sound.

The real question is whether, if there is no one around to hear it, does it matter? 

Were there many on hand to watch?

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Well, mixed emotions. Great to get the two points and didn’t expect the win or the quality of the first 65 mins. Worried as the wheels fell off. But a win is a win. Though the gloss has gone and the points difference would have helped psychologically if nothing else.

Trinity have made a number of come backs this season against arguably better teams than Broncos and just fallen short so maybe a pattern there. 

Still need a full 80 minute game though.

• Like 1

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Was my first game as a silver season ticket holder. 

Nice atmosphere, people are very friendly and lots for the kids to wonder round and do. 

Even got a photo with big David Fifita and my Kids at the end. Class player and I appreciated the effort made after the game with the fans. 

Really enjoyed it and feel the small intimate ground is a selling point given the clubs current crowds. It would be a bit pointless to have 1500 people in a 10,000 seater ground. 

Would be nice to see if Broncos and Trailfinders can can develop the ground a little more. 

I Am looking forward to Saints on the 9th of June and the other games left at home this year. Hopefully some more wins to come! 

Edited by Southerner80
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

Really enjoyed it and feel the small intimate ground is a selling point given the clubs current crowds.

Surely the crowds show Londoners aren’t impressed by a sh1tty little suburban training yawnion ground  

Edited by Man of Kent

56 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Surely the crowds show Londoners aren’t impressed by a sh1tty little suburban training yawnion ground  

We know you aren't as you drone on about it incessantly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Perhaps it's realism about RLs appeal in London for club rugby? 

While I would love to be able to say Broncos should move to Brentford and fill half the stadium that isn't likely. Let's be honest about things. 

At least where they are the club is sustainable. Further, it's not a bad ground overall, and has good facilities for training so serves its purpose well. 

1 hour ago, Southerner80 said:

Perhaps it's realism about RLs appeal in London for club rugby? 

While I would love to be able to say Broncos should move to Brentford and fill half the stadium that isn't likely. Let's be honest about things. 

At least where they are the club is sustainable. Further, it's not a bad ground overall, and has good facilities for training so serves its purpose well. 

Out of all the variables, including virtual bankruptcy, the Grima season and moving to Barnet, it's definitely Trailfinders that is the main issue for crowds. 

I travel over 2 hours each way to each home game and enjoy the place. 

Edited by Leonard
  • Thanks 1