Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

17 May: SL: St Helens v Salford Red Devils KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Salford Red Devils

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/19 at 18:45

This is going to be a tough game for Saints, Salford seem to be playing well away from home. One thing about Salford fans they may not have the biggest of support, but they have some of the most vocal. Especially away from home. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sparse Attendance said:

This is going to be a tough game for Saints

what.gif.21f206840aa36bc377c15176abb51fc2.gif

IDTT.gif.490b4376ca71b2b3d9dd7107029d8b6a.gif

• Haha 1

"Obviously, you're never going to be as passionate about it as you are about Rugby League."  Jason Nightingale         "Is there a better sport on the planet than Rugby League?" Greg Alexander             

I wouldn't bet against St. Helen's, they are very good at what they do. The question is do they have a Plan B when faced with an unpredictable team capable of disruption and moments of brilliance ? Salford in my mind are in a group with Catalans Dragons. This game could be very one sided, or it could turn out to be something very special. Definitely worth watching to find out. 😇 v 👹

• Like 1

If asked (and I wasn't), I think Saints could win by 50+ points IMO

• Sad 1

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

Saints are very good, but even the very best teams slip up at some time in a long season. Hope this week is when Saints slip up and Salford beat them (if Saints are not on top form, Salford do have the firepower to beat them!). However, reality suggests a 20 point win for Saints.😣

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

In reality its likely to be a Saints win, but I can see it being pretty close, especially with Saints missing Roby. As good as they are, any team (Including the NRL sides) would miss a player of his quality.

Head says Saints by 12, heart says Salford by golden point.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hemel Stag said:

Definitely worth watching to find out. 😇 v 👹

With a sedative or from behind the sofa?

• Haha 1

"Obviously, you're never going to be as passionate about it as you are about Rugby League."  Jason Nightingale         "Is there a better sport on the planet than Rugby League?" Greg Alexander             

52 minutes ago, Oxford said:

A couple of cans of Northampton's Finest and a Horizontal position on the Sofa should do nicely. 🦌👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

Both!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

I read Salford haven't won away at Saints for 40 years, not sure it will be different either

We had them on the ropes about 5 years ago and let them off, with our former half-back Matty Smith dropping a goal in the last minute to win the game. If it's close at the end, keep your eyes on Theo Fages. Lightning can strike twice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

We had them on the ropes about 5 years ago and let them off, with our former half-back Matty Smith dropping a goal in the last minute to win the game. If it's close at the end, keep your eyes on Theo Fages. Lightning can strike twice.

Salford strike me as an entertaining side. They dare to be different. Things might not always work out but they always try hard.

• Thanks 1

On 15/05/2019 at 20:34, tonyXIII said:

That was only in 2017. 

We were awful for 79 minutes that night. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Two of the best halves combo's running around in SL in Fages/Lomax and Hastings/Lui I hope they both hit top form, if so it should be a cracker of a game.

Was very disappointed with Hastings’ performance when we played Salford earlier this year, I was expecting a bit more but he can only play behind his pack, an area we dominated, but he did look good defensively that night and made a good tackle on Makinson (IIRC). 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Two of the best halves combo's running around in SL in Fages/Lomax and Hastings/Lui I hope they both hit top form, if so it should be a cracker of a game.

I thought Lui went to Hull KR did that not go through. 

saints have plenty of quality all over the park,any one player can spark a touch of class so saints by 24 easy peasy. might just be a classic.:kolobok_popcorm1:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Isn’t that for 2020?

Ah right that makes sense now. I thought I’d read it somewhere. 

Saints’ 17 looks a bit B-list and normally I’d say Salford have a chance. However, I’m worried about their off-field dramas, contracts etc, and the impact on morale.