Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Plow

Relegation battle

Recommended Posts

Had that Wakefield comeback not happened, Rovers would have been bottom.

Leeds are doing ok with their points difference, but if London put 50 on them, they'll have a better points difference too!

20190518_174337.jpg


Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leeds could be in a critical state if they went down .Mortgaged up to their eyeballs ,they wont have budgeted for Cbampionship Rugby either . London are playing with great spirit compared to Leeds best of luck to them . Maybe Leeds should give young Wardy a ring and say please come back all is forgiven 


 Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Big game next week Leeds v London, assume Hull KR will want Leeds to win

3E93DF0E-94B7-4E26-89CE-537DF26EFBEC.png

Yes.  I’ve just posted on the LB v Wakey match, next week could be an extremely valuable 2 points for the Broncos.  

Given that this dogfight is tense, to say the least, it’s the ideal time for fans to get behind them.  Bit like the Championship run in last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Leeds could be in a critical state if they went down .Mortgaged up to their eyeballs ,they wont have budgeted for Cbampionship Rugby either . London are playing with great spirit compared to Leeds best of luck to them . Maybe Leeds should give young Wardy a ring and say please come back all is forgiven 

Would you be surprised though, if Leeds did finish bottom, SL vote to expand to 14 to keep them up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Would you be surprised though, if Leeds did finish bottom, SL vote to expand to 14 to keep them up

Yes I dont think as a Leeds man I could carry on  but I would if they went down .Although as I said I wonder if they would be in financial difficulties 


 Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Would you be surprised though, if Leeds did finish bottom, SL vote to expand to 14 to keep them up

All well and good, but when they finish 14th next year, what will they do then?...

  • Haha 1

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

All well and good, but when they finish 14th next year, what will they do then?...

As they could well do they look like and are playing like the poorest SL team 


 Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Maybe Leeds should give young Wardy a ring and say please come back all is forgiven 

Up until 6 weeks ago everyone was saying that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What worries me about Leeds is there’s no stability. Usually when a coach is sacked the club try and find a replacement ASAP but Leeds seem relaxed about it even though Agar has said he doesn’t want it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Had that Wakefield comeback not happened, Rovers would have been bottom.

Leeds are doing ok with their points difference, but if London put 50 on them, they'll have a better points difference too!

20190518_174337.jpg

Don’t get me wrong, we (Leeds) are in a terrible position but with 13 games left in the season and with only 8 points separating the team in 5th and 12th talk of relegation battles is too early IMO.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not too early to talk about relegation battles just too early to talk about who will definitely be relegated  

I think KR are more likely to be relegated than Leeds however even if the Rhinos did spend a season in the Championship then I think they would be ok financially

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LeeF said:

It's not too early to talk about relegation battles just too early to talk about who will definitely be relegated   

I think KR are more likely to be relegated than Leeds however even if the Rhinos did spend a season in the Championship then I think they would be ok financially 

It depends on how the cash reserves have ended up following the redevelopment but I can't imagine Leeds will be able to withstand huge reductions in RL-related income just after massively expanding the coaching and playing budgets without Caddick having to find a bit of cash. He hasn't had to put cash into Leeds since the original cash injection back in 1997 but when firing on all cylinders the club is a valuable entity so it's hard to imagine he wouldn't find the funding if required.

I've seen it above and saw it on rlfans that the club should have a new coach in place already. Bonkers. If it's to be a permanent appointment they need to take their time and do some proper due diligence over this, not just choose the first available coach. A stop-gap to the end of the season may be more appropriate - in which case John Kear might be getting a phone call.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Don’t get me wrong, we (Leeds) are in a terrible position but with 13 games left in the season and with only 8 points separating the team in 5th and 12th talk of relegation battles is too early IMO.

 

There are only 6 points between 1st and 2nd. I doubt anyone is looking past Saints though.

8 points to get into 5th, including having to climb above 5 other teams in the process that are all at least 4 points above you (as well as 2 others on equal points below you), I'd say it's not going to happen. Too many clubs. Too far behind.


Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Up until 6 weeks ago everyone was saying that!

Well they sacked him you know 


 Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

What worries me about Leeds is there’s no stability. Usually when a coach is sacked the club try and find a replacement ASAP but Leeds seem relaxed about it even though Agar has said he doesn’t want it

That would be what worries me if I was a Leeds fan. Agar record as head coach upto now has hardly gone well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

Would you be surprised though, if Leeds did finish bottom, SL vote to expand to 14 to keep them up

Would be entirely the right move for entirely the wrong reasons...Oh, and a 27 home and away plus Magic season to boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Don’t get me wrong, we (Leeds) are in a terrible position but with 13 games left in the season and with only 8 points separating the team in 5th and 12th talk of relegation battles is too early IMO.

 

All of that is true. However, direction of travel is important. Sacking the coach is meant to bring a boost, however temporary. There has been no improvement. Leeds look a directionless rabble. London and KR show some spirit and bottle at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Don’t get me wrong, we (Leeds) are in a terrible position but with 13 games left in the season and with only 8 points separating the team in 5th and 12th talk of relegation battles is too early IMO.

 

Ha ha....keep saying it over and over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if the bottom side was to go on and win 5 more games between now and the end of the season . I wouldn't relegated them . We are to hasty if a team wins around a third of their matches it shows they are competitive . I would just then promote the Championship winners and go with 13 teams next season . Therefore growing super league slowly .

  • Sad 1

Chief Crazy Eagle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bobbruce said:

That would be what worries me if I was a Leeds fan. Agar record as head coach upto now has hardly gone well. 

His job was is Head of Player and Coach Development whatever that means.I dont suppose there was anyone else available to step in temporally .He doesnt want the job permanently hes found his comfort zone Head of player and Coaching Development 


 Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I consider that the game between Leeds v London next week at the Magic, is the game that will generate the most interest and intrigue amongst RL followers, and I would not at all be surprised if it returned the best viewing figures for weekend on the TV.

Scheduled to be the second fixture that day it will follow HKR v Salford, both sets of those fans will probably stay to cheer on London, HKR for obvious reasons being at the same end of the table, and those Salford fans who remember the bad blood between the Good Doc and the Leeds club from 3 or so years ago, the following game is Saints v Cas, the fans of those clubs may make a concerted effort to arrive early, for Cas having years of being the 'poor' neighbour of Leeds I can't see there being much sympathy being lent in that direction, and Saints fan's, well they will be going along for morbid curiosity, Leeds fans do not travel well in big numbers, save for finals. All in all, I consider the vast majority of those viewing on TV and those in attendance will be rooting for the Bronco's and vocally backing them.

If I am correct and it is the game that generates the most interest, could I just offer a reallity check to all those who criticised the middle 8's format, in that this is a game about the bottom clubs, they argued that this should not be the case, it is topsy turvy in the thought process and utterly disrespectful to those clubs at the top and therefore all the interest and publicity should afforded in that direction and not about possible loser's.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, superten said:

if the bottom side was to go on and win 5 more games between now and the end of the season . I wouldn't relegated them . We are to hasty if a team wins around a third of their matches it shows they are competitive . I would just then promote the Championship winners and go with 13 teams next season . Therefore growing super league slowly .

And disrupt the entire season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, superten said:

if the bottom side was to go on and win 5 more games between now and the end of the season . I wouldn't relegated them . We are to hasty if a team wins around a third of their matches it shows they are competitive . I would just then promote the Championship winners and go with 13 teams next season . Therefore growing super league slowly .

Then what is the point of a league ladder, why don't we just play a season full of friendlies, no need to sort them out, no leaders no losers, get real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...