Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

25 May: SL MW: Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves KO 7pm (TV)

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Warrington Wolves

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/05/19 at 18:00

Can’t call this.   Who will offer the biggest response after disappointing results?

I’d have to go with Wigan based on the fact that they’ve lost twice to Warrington already so will have a bit more motivation. The Wolves are looking a little flat of late.

Hope it’s a decent battle though as Magic weekend is at risk of faltering and needs a bit of sparkle.   Or biff.   Or both.   

Score:

Warrington 22 Wigan 32

Penalties/Cheap Shots:

Westwood 22 O’Loughlin 32

Dubious Calls:

Referee 22 Video Ref 32

😉

Edited by Cheshire Setter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Can’t call this.   Who will offer the biggest response after disappointing results?

Your lot got within 7 points of the mighty Hull FC at home.

I'd call that a result.

• Haha 1

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

53 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

There is such an air of pointless repetition about this fixture. 

I had almost no interest in watching this one for that reason up until I watched the cup game, and now I have warmed to it a bit. Repetitive or not, that was an excellent game. Hopefully we get more of the same here.

38 minutes ago, MZH said:

I had almost no interest in watching this one for that reason up until I watched the cup game, and now I have warmed to it a bit. Repetitive or not, that was an excellent game. Hopefully we get more of the same here.

It was close and had some drama, but it was mediocre fare. To go round yet again is such a snore. It is no wonder that they won’t even get 50k for the whole exercise.

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled Wiganer said:

That's what 12 teams does. Endlessly repetitive matches. 

• Like 3

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

The Dragons Ate all the Pies at the weekend. So it has to be the Wolfie Show !

IMG_9110.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, RayCee said:

That's what 12 teams does. Endlessly repetitive matches. 

That is why we need to get Toronto up there...bring in some new blood...its getting so stale these 'same old' fixtures.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Your lot got within 7 points of the mighty Hull FC at home.

I'd call that a result.

😁

Wasn’t supposed to be a disrespectful dig at Hull, I promise!   Just disappointing to lose any game at home if you’re trying to stay in second place.

Hull now only 3 places below St Helens in the super league table and you have to give Radford a bit of credit for getting them there.

According to BBC News this morning, Hull also only 4 places below St Helens in the teenage pregnancy tables (not sure whether I can credit Radford with that one) so clearly prospering in all areas 😊

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I agree with this.  We have the loop fixtures on top of this. So usually there would be 4 games in the league and a good chance of a cup game added in.

And effectively similar for other clubs. 

This is total insane.  Why not at least  rotate the fixtures to offer a change.  Having just 1 magic weekend but no loop fixtures would maintain interest.  If the desire for an furher extra fixture then why not have a 'magic' opening season weekend.

Hence I suspect a lower turnout. And possibly fewer willing to stay over for both days. Wigan fans will have spent a lot on Barcelona as well so less likelyhood to stay for 2 days if at all.

Both sides have injuries but Wigan are really struggling at 7 and 9.  I think Warrington will win but I can still hope for laws of averages to work in out favour sometime. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

😁

Wasn’t supposed to be a disrespectful dig at Hull, I promise!   Just disappointing to lose any game at home if you’re trying to stay in second place.

Hull now only 3 places below St Helens in the super league table and you have to give Radford a bit of credit for getting them there.

According to BBC News this morning, Hull also only 4 places below St Helens in the teenage pregnancy tables (not sure whether I can credit Radford with that one) so clearly prospering in all areas 😊

Think this explains it ... 

• Haha 1

Warrington by a few, just can't see Wigan doing anything against Wire at the moment. Wire will be burning to get that defeat to Hull behind them.

• Like 1

On 21/05/2019 at 19:47, Exiled Wiganer said:

Agreed! Ive said before, Ill say it again. Its massive overkill. Warrington v Wigan games should be games no-one wants to miss out on! Even as a Wire fan, Im bored of the overkill. 2 league games a year, plus if we meet in the cup. THAT should be IT!

Edited by The British Lion
spelling error
  • Like 3

On 22/05/2019 at 08:38, Cheshire Setter said:

😁

I wonder what odds you could have got on St Helens being first in the teenage pregnancy table, and the SL table for two years running ?. 

• Haha 1

On 22/05/2019 at 22:46, The British Lion said:

Agreed! Ive said before, Ill say it again. Its massive overkill. Warrington v Wigan games should be games no-one wants to miss out on! Even as a Wire fan, Im bored of the overkill. 2 league games a year, plus if we meet in the cup. THAT should be IT!

It reminds me of the Scottish Premiership, they used to play each other twice at home and twice away. I don’t know whether they still do that. 

9 minutes ago, Sparse Attendance said:

It reminds me of the Scottish Premiership, they used to play each other twice at home and twice away. I don’t know whether they still do that. 

Unbelievable - I didn't know that.

The only reason I have an interest now in Wire v Wigan in Magic weekend is the bringing back of ther Locker Cup. Stroke of genius right there.

BUT, if RL is to go bigger and greater, they need to desperately stop these loop and overkill fixtures. It's boring!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

Wolfie's at it again. Great fun.

There was a video earlier this week of Wolfie doing the sights of Liverpool to the tune of Brookside.

On the surface it’s just gentle fun—poking, but just like the Hull/Radford social media storm this could backfire on us again when Saints use it as motivation against us 😁

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

There was a video earlier this week of Wolfie doing the sights of Liverpool to the tune of Brookside.

On the surface it’s just gentle fun—poking, but just like the Hull/Radford social media storm this could backfire on us again when Saints use it as motivation against us 😁

Fortunately I know little of and do not watch or hear anything about this "Wolfie" character,  so I am not at all phased (fazed?).  Is he worse than Rod Hull's Emu?     I strongly suspect that others would grow tired of the little @r$****€...!

Perhaps I should be more catholic in my tastes.

Edited by Rupert Prince

1 hour ago, Rupert Prince said:

Fortunately I know little of and do not watch or hear anything about this "Wolfie" character,  so I am not at all phased (fazed?).  Is he worse than Rod Hull's Emu?     I strongly suspect that others would grow tired of the little @r$****€...!

Perhaps I should be more Catholic in my tastes.

I refuse to make any connection between little boys @r$e$ and Catholics, Oh, maybe I did

Supporting Rugby League since 1971

59 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

I refuse to make any connection between little boys @r$e$ and Catholics, Oh, maybe I did

My auto correct unfortunately provided the upper case 'c'.   I hope once I have edited it then all will hopefully be more clear.

8 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Fortunately I know little of and do not watch or hear anything about this "Wolfie" character, 

Have a Pint and Chillaxe !🐺👍

IMG_8618.JPG

Edited by Hemel Stag