Widnes this sunday

georgeb1

Looking forward to another massive Battle in this great league , hopefully the knights will slay the Vikings , let's get there in numbers and enjoy .

Up the battling kneets???

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this one, seeing Hugh Jackman tomorrow night at Manchester Arena, stop over near BBC media city then into Widnes Sunday. Think it will be a close one.

22 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Looking forward to this one, seeing Hugh Jackman tomorrow night at Manchester Arena, stop over near BBC media city then into Widnes Sunday. Think it will be a close one.

Have a great weekend 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

A massive well done to all from the beautiful Greek island of Naxos. Looks like the new boys fitted in well. AB, hope Wolverine was good as well?

Oh well, suppose we'll just have to crack open another bottle of wine, Yamas to the Kneets!!

Brilliant win!!! Congratulations to all the team and staff on a great result. Wish we could have been there. It was murder listening to it but thank goodness for Radio York and Andy's excellent commentary. ( How long does it take for finger nails to grow back to a decent length?)

How stressful was that? Gifted them two tries and bombed several others. We could, and should, have won by more. Terrific defensive play. But we have just turned Widnes over in their own back yard. Up to third in the table. Great to see the new boys on the score sheet too. Areas to improve on for Thunder next week to get the Wembley chariot rolling. But a massive two points so a huge well done. 

See you at BC next weekend. 

Up the Knights!

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

Perhaps the joint 2nd best away Knights win I've witnessed since I first started watchingYork in 2016, Bradford away last season being the best followed by Workington away.

The players really dug in, some phenomenal try line defence.

As for Widnes, I thought certain Bradford fans were arrogant, well I've just read the Widnes trust forum - digs at our away support (only 40 York fans there today apparently), also been described as a team that is mediocre and a word rhyming with twit. The rugby league family at its 'best' right?

I'll tell you what's mediocre...trying to slow the game down by kicking the ball away 3 times when you're at home to a part time team who've had a nightmare 3 and a half hour journey, who only arrived at the ground 30mins before kickoff. Mediocre is scoring all your points via Yotk dropping the ball on the line and a penalty goal. Mediocre is having probably the 2nd highest wage bill in the league and being outdone by a side with one of the lowest. Mediocre is full time players jogging to a scrum with 5mins left.

10 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Perhaps the joint 2nd best away Knights win I've witnessed since I first started watchingYork in 2016, Bradford away last season being the best followed by Workington away.

The players really dug in, some phenomenal try line defence.

As for Widnes, I thought certain Bradford fans were arrogant, well I've just read the Widnes trust forum - digs at our away support (only 40 York fans there today apparently), also been described as a team that is mediocre and a word rhyming with twit. The rugby league family at its 'best' right?

I'll tell you what's mediocre...trying to slow the game down by kicking the ball away 3 times when you're at home to a part time team who've had a nightmare 3 and a half hour journey, who only arrived at the ground 30mins before kickoff. Mediocre is scoring all your points via Yotk dropping the ball on the line and a penalty goal. Mediocre is having probably the 2nd highest wage bill in the league and being outdone by a side with one of the lowest. Mediocre is full time players jogging to a scrum with 5mins left.

Brilliant, AB.

Archived