Cougars part with coach

Interesting decision, given all he did for them through the off season and their performances this season. Despite their late start in getting a squad together, they'd be 3rd, two points off top without their 12 point deduction. 

Screenshot_20190521_214927_com.twitter.android.jpg

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Without Craig Lingard it's probable that Keighley wouldn't even have started the season. He stuck by the players, wasn't paid, put together a scratch team and  took them to a position where without the 12 point deduction they would be near the top of the league. This is the thanks he gets. Loyalty gets you nowhere these days it seems.

Don't think anyone saw this coming, the guy was well liked and working minor miracles to make us as competitive as we have been after all that went on in the off season. I can only think we must have a relatively big name lined up as a replacement for Craig to be rushed out of the door seemingly out of nowhere.

44 minutes ago, BD20Cougar said:

Don't think anyone saw this coming, the guy was well liked and working minor miracles to make us as competitive as we have been after all that went on in the off season. I can only think we must have a relatively big name lined up as a replacement for Craig to be rushed out of the door seemingly out of nowhere.

Hmm, think you could be right, but big names often don't work out at that level, they find it difficult to cope with the realities of part-time players commitments and abilities.

A terrible decision (assuming it wasn’t mutual) as everyone above has pointed out. A coach that has performed a miracle considering the hand he was dealt with. Has been loyal to the club and was well liked. Hope he gets back into the game soon. 

Two pieces of bad rugby league news on two consecutive days.

In this instant a head coach,a much respected man inside and outside the Keighley club,has lost his job after his side lost at big-spending Newcastle Thunder,when his side didn't have their reliable half-back,Benn Hardcastle,who was out suspended.

I hope he is back in the sport as quickly as possible.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

Hmm, think you could be right, but big names often don't work out at that level, they find it difficult to cope with the realities of part-time players commitments and abilities.

Couldn’t agree more 

Big name coach? Where are they getting their money from? The takeover consortium certainly do not have money to throw around "willy nilly" and the crowds they are getting certainly will not sustain a big name coach.Also the fact that nobody has a clue what is going to happen with the Championship and League 1 next season will certainly deter plenty of coaches.Do not be surprised if League 1 next season is a purely Amateur League with no definite promotion to the Championship.Who knows? The reason the coach has gone will all "come out in the wash"

It looks like there's either more to it that - as Fairfolly says - will 'come out in the wash. Or they've got someone lined up to take over.

What odds on Richard Marshall being named as the new Cougars coach before the weekend?

2 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

It looks like there's either more to it that - as Fairfolly says - will 'come out in the wash. Or they've got someone lined up to take over.

What odds on Richard Marshall being named as the new Cougars coach before the weekend?

Bit of a difference from being supposedly in the running for the Rhinos post to taking over at the Cougars, what about all his talk about ambition? Leon Pryce might be a more likley target if he's still intrested in coaching which didn't really come over in this months 40-20 article,as to whether he could achieve more than Lingard remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

Bit of a difference from being supposedly in the running for the Rhinos post to taking over at the Cougars, what about all his talk about ambition? 

I don't really think Marshall is in line for the top job at the Rhinos. Maybe as Assistant Coach. Really cannot see Leeds appointing a bloke that Halifax just sacked as their coach somehow!

Whether being Leeds assistant coach or coach at Keighley is better job is a point for debate, I guess ?

The problem is still going to be the same. I would imagine Rowley or Marshall would want decent money and quite obviously a lot more money to sign some players who are better than they have at the present time.I ask again ,where is the money going to come from when nobody has a clue what is going to happen at the end of the season.

Archived