Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hunsletgreenandgold

Betfred sign new SL sponsorship deal

4 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

This is very encouraging! 

The '"Toronto Effect" in operation for all to see.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

How much is this deal worth?  How much more is the new one?

They've not released the exact figure yet, but the current deal was reported to be around £900k a year so I'd assume this deal will be in excess of £3 million over the 3 years. More than anything though I just think it's good all this is tied up well before the start of next season instead of scrambling around last minute as it's appeared happened at the end of other main sponsorship deals. 

Edit: I guess 'until the end of 2021 season' suggests a 2 year extension but the fact it says multi million suggests in excess of £2 million, so yeah per year I'd guess the same as I said above. 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Like 5

I think Sky could make more of the betting angle for the benefit of both Betfred and themselves.

A short item before each game ,mentioning the match odds,,first try scorer ,man of the match etc could easily be introduced.I'm not a betting man myself but such an item could attract more match day interest and perhaps give greater value to Betfred.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cookey said:

I think Sky could make more of the betting angle for the benefit of both Betfred and themselves.

A short item before each game ,mentioning the match odds,,first try scorer ,man of the match etc could easily be introduced.I'm not a betting man myself but such an item could attract more match day interest and perhaps give greater value to Betfred.

Channel 9 used to do that during their NRL coverage - I think it was hosted by Joel Caine (ex Wests Tigers), but I dont know if they still do it.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

The '"Toronto Effect" in operation for all to see.

Surely London Skolars record breaking run was the critical factor.  

Edited by EssexRL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, cookey said:

Hmm, would that be allowed in the UK?

I know in-game ads (those at half time) are controversial at the moment.

Good news on the deal, following on from the Dacia one. These are two long term partners now, we seem to have gone through a spell of losing sponsors, it would be good to be able to build up a solid base of long term partners and then having newer ones to top up.

It is certainly easier to retain than find new partners, in principle.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Quote from press release a couple of months ago;

"Betting firms announced last month that they will stop running advertisements around live televised football matches from this summer.

The ban will start five minutes before pre-watershed live games and end five minutes after the final whistle."

Would be very unethical if Sky / betting companies went against this for RL.

• Thanks 1

Is this just Super League or does it include the two lower leagues as well?

5 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

Is this just Super League or does it include the two lower leagues as well?

The first post pretty much answers that 

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

I wouldn't want to see gambling information and ads around the game. 

However, there is no reason why, using things like twitter and youtube the players aren't made available for betfred to create some content. It doesn't have to be explicitly encouraging gambling but we should be making players available to talk about games, tactics, where games are won and lost, what they think will happen etc 

Also, biggest commercial deal in the history of the comp? not something to be sniffed at. Great news. 

• Like 1

Gambling has taken over from Tobacco as the sponsor of sports. 

Its good for SL to get a decent sponsor however its a shame it has to be gambling however realism is, betting companies and sports are a obvious fit. 

26 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

Gambling has taken over from Tobacco as the sponsor of sports. 

Its good for SL to get a decent sponsor however its a shame it has to be gambling however realism is, betting companies and sports are a obvious fit. 

The football league use these two patches, I think SL should follow suit

F667C83C-117F-48CE-9F57-5B7065264898.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Plow said:

And to think in 2012 they thought it was a good idea to let Stobart sponsor Super League for nothing

The halcyon days of Nigel Wood.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

It's good to see an early sponsorship deal announced, which is a bit of a rarity in Rugby League. I wonder how much the Betfred logo being plastered all over the Nou Camp contributed to the decision. Such occasions undoubtedly make sponsorship more attractive.

13 minutes ago, Damien said:

It's good to see an early sponsorship deal announced, which is a bit of a rarity in Rugby League. I wonder how much the Betfred logo being plastered all over the Nou Camp contributed to the decision. Such occasions undoubtedly make sponsorship more attractive.

Zero. 

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

There are links into betting on the Sky fixtures list.  

I can give or take betting, but others go silly to the extreme, yet the Lotteries hammer us night and day on TV and poorer districts are littered with betting shops and amusement arcades which are happily accepted.  

Really not sure, but how does Australia deal with it?  Plenty of betting on the NRL and lower leagues.

45 minutes ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

I thought it was Richard Lewis’s idea? He didn’t like betting/alcohol sponsorship 

Yeah, but it wasn't his idea to give away title sponsorship for free.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg