Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Daddy

Is a Los Angeles team bidding for SL?

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

This article seems to think so. Don't tell Parky though he might blow his top. 

https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/northwest/liverpool-an-untapped-market-for-rugby-league-club-backhouse

Offer Everton/Tranmere/Liverpool season ticket holders virtually free season tickets for first year and see what happens?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Offer Everton/Tranmere/Liverpool season ticket holders virtually free season tickets for first year and see what happens?

To go to L.A? Ignore the bits about Liverpool, there's a bit in there referencing Los Angeles 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Offer Everton/Tranmere/Liverpool season ticket holders virtually free season tickets for first year and see what happens?

And then what when it comes to Year 2? 

Offer people something more than just 80 minutes of Rugby League. 

As for LA, West Coast USA is a logistical nightmare. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can laugh, but any positive media is good.  I don’t see anything negative in repeatedly mentioning Ottawa, NYC and now LA.  

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy obviously made an error and doesn't know what he is talking about.

As far as the Liverpool things goes...here is the view from this side of the pond.

People over here know the name because of soccer.  They would think of ' Liverpool' alot like they think when they hear' Manchester', a major UK sports spot.  Having a Liverpool team would be of great benefit to the promotion of League  in games in NA.  Liverpool would be a huge draw crowd wise and make the game very newsworthy.

Well thats how it is over here  in the new heartlands...TA TA for now.. Tally Ho and all that English stuff.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's confused Ottawa with Los Angeles. It's a common mistake.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

People over here know the name because of soccer.  They would think of ' Liverpool' alot like they think when they hear' Manchester', a major UK sports spot.

You forgot the Beatles kman! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Daddy said:

To go to L.A? Ignore the bits about Liverpool, there's a bit in there referencing Los Angeles 

They must have meant Liverpool Anfield I assume 😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

They must have meant Liverpool Anfield I assume 😀

Not too wide of the mark.

'LA'S' - scouse for lads.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Manxmanc said:

Not too wide of the mark.

'LA'S' - scouse for lads.

Of course ya Mef!!...( I've seen Brookside...I know what goes on in Liverpool) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TboneFromTO said:

You forgot the Beatles kman! 

You are dating yourself but, of course, you are correct.  And didn't Liverpool have something to do with the Titanic also?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah! Parky Dreamcatcher bait, is all!

 


  Job's worth, job's worth more than my job's worth         

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Manxmanc said:

Not too wide of the mark.

'LA'S' - scouse for lads.

It’s moved on now it’s lid instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, londonrlfan said:

I often get Liverpool and Los Angeles confused

Its because of all the good looking people in Liverpool and the similarities in climate...they should get a sign for Mercyside like they have for Hollywood....that would be the finishing touch on the cake.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Its because of all the good looking people in Liverpool and the similarities in climate...they should get a sign for Mercyside 

It can be rough but it’s not that bad yet. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Untitled.jpg.06bab137a295b852d47960d7fd309123.jpg

Venue of the latest RL adventure! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/05/2019 at 19:50, Oliver Clothesoff said:

And then what when it comes to Year 2? 

 

Hopefully they will like the game and pay to watch games in full

It's a marketing technique called a 'promotion'....Tesco's use it with things like 'buy one get one free' or crystal meth dealers may give the first rock free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Hopefully they will like the game and pay to watch games in full

It's a marketing technique called a 'promotion'....Tesco's use it with things like 'buy one get one free' or crystal meth dealers may give the first rock free

You know that buy one get one free means actually purchasing something don’t you? Whereas, your idea is giving things away and then expecting people to pay a couple of hundred to buy what they had for free a year before. The odds are stacked against any club that adopts that method. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

You know that buy one get one free means actually purchasing something don’t you? Whereas, your idea is giving things away and then expecting people to pay a couple of hundred to buy what they had for free a year before. The odds are stacked against any club that adopts that method. 

It works for crack dealers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...