Total Rugby League Fans Forum

Heard from a very good source, he has been offered a 3yr deal by the Rhinos. Will he take it or hope CAS offer more money ???

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Heard from a very good source, he has been offered a 3yr deal by the Rhinos. Will he take it or hope CAS offer more money ???

Been in the media for a few days, but imo he should stay where he is.  Cas have stood by him through his injuries and getting back up to speed to grab his England place back must be his focus, I would have thought.  Better chance in a stronger team.

• Like 2

A proven actual halfback, not a centre or fullback with 6 on his back. Only worry would be he’s had a couple of bad injuries

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

He's contracted until the end of 2021 so if Leeds have offered him a contract it's with Cas's permission (so unlikely Cas will offer more).

That been said I have heard a few rumblings about him signing for Leeds so wouldnt be suprised if it was true.

Cas putting a lot on young Trueman if Gale goes and no-one is lined up to come in - he's nowhere near Gales level yet, we'd be a much better team next year with a fit Gale and Trueman.

Risky for Leeds, paying a fee and a big wage to a player who has barely played for 2 years.  Sign of desperation? (Although could end up bèen a masterstroke if he comes back as good as ever).

Edited by Gates1
  • Like 1

Just now, MrPosh said:

Not sure he'll get back into the Cas team.

If he's recovered properly he will be the 1st name on the team sheet.

• Like 1

Don't see why any player would choose to play championship rugby over SL?

Unless he's on a win bonus if they manage to get promoted 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I love it when a club has to pay big bucks for a player they let go as a kid.

I'm pretty sure Leeds are comfortable with what the academy halfbacks they already had achieved. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I love it when a club has to pay big bucks for a player they let go as a kid.

He would have been way down the pecking order at Leeds. Learnt his trade at Donny and London and has proved himself at Cas. Some players develop later then others, Gale has been in his prime in his late 20s

Yeah it was bad timing for him at Leeds - he was never going to shift some of the best players in the club's history from the half back positions. I'd welcome him back, but I'd love to see just what Sinfield's done to the wage structure Hetherington lovingly slaved over which squeezed so much into the pre-marquee cap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Yeah it was bad timing for him at Leeds - he was never going to shift some of the best players in the club's history from the half back positions. I'd welcome him back, but I'd love to see just what Sinfield's done to the wage structure Hetherington lovingly slaved over which squeezed so much into the pre-marquee cap.

When a club is as successful as Leeds over many years then they are in a great position to offer less wages to current/prospective players as players want to play for them and win trophies.

But now Leeds are in a position when, like many other struggling clubs, they have to pay over the odds to attract top players. So the wage structure so carefully managed by Hetherington goes out of the window.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Future is League said:

In my opinion any player who joins Leeds at the moment unless they are offered big bucks need their brains tested as the club seems a basket case

It was one of those there basket cases in 1996 you know . Virtually bankrupt!

• Like 1

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

I think Leeds need this:

"Don't Panic!"

and Salford fans could have a similar one from their players:

"So long and thanks for all the Fish Dosh!"

Edited by Oxford

Job's worth, job's worth more than my job's worth         

Does this actually have any legs? I too have heard rumblings of this from a few of the lads who are close with the Cas playing squad - apparently Cas lads have been winding Galey up for a few weeks about this and especially as he was offered to sit up in the executive seats last week at Headingley (think this was more to do with there wasn't enough seats in the Cas team area but don't let that get in the way of a good rumour). All that said I haven't seen anything in the written press about this, even as a rumour? 

IF it is true then this could be very shrewd business from Cas - he's nearly 31 and as others have said, barely played last 2 seasons and Trueman will be a superstar in the coming years. I guess the flip side of that is Leeds could be getting a player who certainly came into is best late 20's and barring any other major injuries could no doubt do a very good job for the next 3 or 4 years. 

• Like 1

Would represent a risk on Leeds’ behalf. Gale won’t come cheap, he’ll cost a transfer fee and I imagine there’s an element of doubt over him given his age and recent injury record. 

However, he’s a very good player on his day and a fully fit Gale is the type of player Leeds are definitely crying out for. 

• Like 1

On 22/05/2019 at 22:39, M j M said:

Same as Lee briers at saints